What's new

Short term trades in the stock market •$$$$$•

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Here's one you can't lose money on as long as your broker fees are minimal. TXCC trades on the Nasdaq, unfortunately for all reading this now it has just come off its 52 week high of $5.50 and closed today @ $2.47; its chart looks like a roller coaster ride and the low cost per share allows traders like us to buy plenty, not unheard of to make 50% in a few weeks time with this one.

very common to buy this stock in the low $2.00 range and selling as it nears $3.00; repeat as often as you can.......

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
ah ok, that is a much more clear explanation. I wrote down everything you said, and will ask next time I see him/email him.

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
I'm seeing strong stocks such as CF,TNH all this time making highs after highs when Dow is going a tad bearish and at a Death Cross instead of a Golden cross setup.

Ya think Obama speaks before Ben does ?

:dance013:

I Closed the Oil stocks as well as the banks.Love to get back in SKF in Case BAC-Bank of America goes do-do at 200 Billion Debt.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Keep us posted when you get short the market again there iD. I might tag along.

C

CascadeFarmer

Well I'm shocked gold keeps correcting :rolleyes:. Madrus was right about the high end target. I'm thinking GLD will at least pause at about $170 which will coincide with it's 20 MA. If it goes oversold might see about $160 near it's 50 MA. Both circumstances are convergences of MA's and somewhat important $ areas. Nature abhors a vacuum and that gap under $165 might get filled.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
D +322 +2.97%

N +100 +4.29%

SP +38 +3.43%

not bitter at all i just think its hilarious that you act as though you know more then someone who does this for a living.

No clue what all those numbers mean that you wrote.

The annuity is a Met Life annuity, just came out, with death benefit rider. Account is guaranteed to grow at least 6% each year. Can chose to withdraw up to that 6% at any time on a monthly basis and the principal investment balance stays the same. Death benefit raises 6% regardless of withdrawals made.

Not sure how school loans pay into this. I have 20k left in loans which started in 6 figures. the 20k remaining is locked in at 2%.

The annuity isnt mine, im just the sole beneficiary and the person who handles this family members finances.

I didn't know there was a 10% annuity. I'll ask my guy. If it exists there must be a reason why he had me go with this one.

For the record, our guy doesn't make money off us. Because he is a family friend he does all our stuff for free. Could never afford him if we had to pay what the millionaires pay him to handle their investments.

Just a few thoughts. This thread is about short term trades in the market. As such 6% annuities are bottom of the discussion list.

The professionals you are dealing with are insurance SALESMEN. There is a HUGE rip in ALL annuities sold (don't know what a rip is see Boiler Room). Still believe that just because you don't see a commission or mark up line on your trade confirmation that your FRIEND didn't make any money off you? If so there will be nothing I can do to convince you; but insurance salesmen don't work for free.

So I will say for the record I am personally more qualified through education and licensing than almost all financial industry "professionals" doing this for a living.

I would NEVER advise a client or friend to pay off tens of thousands in LOW interest loans IF that client had a more lucrative use of funds. Why ever pay off 2 - 4% student loans and forgo earning 6% guaranteed? Instead one would rather invest in an annuity at 6% and use the annuity payments to cover the loan cost and POCKET the difference.

All that being said I would never advise anyone to lock up their funds for a period of greater than one year. 6% may look good today, but it certainly is not historically good.

If you want to know how truly good or bad my picks have been you can search the threads.

I think I recommended CDE just 10 days ago or so and it is up well over 10% since that recommendation. I've been advising the purchase of silver for years. In the last 5 years SLV is up 225.62% and it is up 118.29% in the last year.

I'd put my publicly made calls up against any insurance salesman ANY day.

:joint:

PS. If your guy really isn't charging you guys anything then when you get a 6% annuity his other charged clients would only be able to get a 5.75% or lower annuity (so insurance salesman gets a commission / kick back from company running the annuity). It is my supposition that all of his clients get 6% annuities and therefore ALL of his clients contribute to his commission check or his LIVING.

Last edited:
C

CascadeFarmer

Well what I was looking for was that recent gap to get filled and see the market touch it's down trending 20 MA. Didn't think it would happen today...while I was sleeping...lol. Here's the Q's again...

I go back to what Chris Manning taught me in that targets are hit faster in a bear market. The intraday poke up also touched into old support which is now resistance.

C

CascadeFarmer

HANS looks like it will confirm it's strong breakout that happened yesterday and RGR keeps chugging along...so far today...but starting to get into overbought territory.

RIC correcting pretty hard and just violated it's pivot from a fairly weak technical breakout, that violated it's pivot intraday, that happened about 8 days ago. It's bottom today is so far finding support at it's 20MA and pivot area from the old consolidation. Not surprised it got turned back at $10 at the old high.

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
Just a few thoughts. This thread is about short term trades in the market. As such 6% annuities are bottom of the discussion list.

The professionals you are dealing with are insurance SALESMEN. There is a HUGE rip in ALL annuities sold (don't know what a rip is see Boiler Room). Still believe that just because you don't see a commission or mark up line on your trade confirmation that your FRIEND didn't make any money off you? If so there will be nothing I can do to convince you; but insurance salesmen don't work for free.

So I will say for the record I am personally more qualified through education and licensing than almost all financial industry "professionals" doing this for a living.

I would NEVER advise a client or friend to pay off tens of thousands in LOW interest loans IF that client had a more lucrative use of funds. Why ever pay off 2 - 4% student loans and forgo earning 6% guaranteed? Instead one would rather invest in an annuity at 6% and use the annuity payments to cover the loan cost and POCKET the difference.

All that being said I would never advise anyone to lock up their funds for a period of greater than one year. 6% may look good today, but it certainly is not historically good.

If you want to know how truly good or bad my picks have been you can search the threads.

I think I recommended CDE just 10 days ago or so and it is up well over 10% since that recommendation. I've been advising the purchase of silver for years. In the last 5 years SLV is up 225.62% and it is up 118.29% in the last year.

I'd put my publicly made calls up against any insurance salesman ANY day.

PS. If your guy really isn't charging you guys anything then when you get a 6% annuity his other charged clients would only be able to get a 5.75% or lower annuity (so insurance salesman gets a commission / kick back from company running the annuity). It is my supposition that all of his clients get 6% annuities and therefore ALL of his clients contribute to his commission check or his LIVING.

1) there is a difference between being "educated and licensed" and having a 20+ year track record

2) hes not a salesman hes a family friend who happens to be a multi millionaire from his work. He has access to all financial products but ultimately hes a financial planner. Him making a commission off me is the last thing he cares about. Again...family friend. Will I still question his moves from time to time just for my own education purposes? Sure. But the guy isn't trying to make money off me I can promise you that.

3) The bulk of my loans were private loans at 10% interest, those are what got paid off first, and not even by me. Stuck them to my rich parents who I haven't heard from in years. The remaining 20k are lower.

4) fuck hoping that trends stay the same and taking risks in this climate. This move to the annuity was meant to be a safe and secure one.

lets move on.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
1) 20+ for this guy is cool 15+ here but years aren't performance.

2) If he is just a rich dude telling you to buy what he buys I get it. If however he draws a W2 from a place that pays commission to people who sell annuities then I think you need to dig deeper.

3) Glad the P's took care of a lot of it, sorry the personal relationships with them are strained.

4) I don't make public recommendations on hope and the performance of those very few trades that I have mentioned speak for themselves.

4b) My original post was a direct and honest response to the "safe and secure"; moving on is fine but annuities mixed up in the derivative ponzi scheme that is the world economy are anything but "safe and secure" (see Gramps now closed signs of a collapse thread).

Moving on.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
If I'm not mistaken, annuities pay the manager .25% of earnings as opposed to .10% of typical low-cost index funds. It's built into the purchase so the manager wouldn't necessarily be ripping off the customer, they just get a higher commission.

But annuities are part of what managers commonly refer to as diversified portfolio.

Check out Dan Solin's, "The Smartest Investment Book You'll Ever Read". He's a retired investment manager who shows non managed, low-cost index funds outperform their managed counterparts.

EDIT - I know this isn't the thread topic. Just thought I'd add it to the recent micro exchange.

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
1) 20+ for this guy is cool 15+ here but years aren't performance.

2) If he is just a rich dude telling you to buy what he buys I get it. If however he draws a W2 from a place that pays commission to people who sell annuities then I think you need to dig deeper.

3) Glad the P's took care of a lot of it, sorry the personal relationships with them are strained.

4) I don't make public recommendations on hope and the performance of those very few trades that I have mentioned speak for themselves.

4b) My original post was a direct and honest response to the "safe and secure"; moving on is fine but annuities mixed up in the derivative ponzi scheme that is the world economy are anything but "safe and secure" (see Gramps now closed signs of a collapse thread).

Moving on.

I can tell you that hes never been foreclosed on before and is worth millions of dollars. Can you say the same? I cant take you seriously when you try to tell me you have 15+ years experience after seeing your living situation. I'm gonna go with his advice. End of story.

And for what its worth if the guy wanted a commission, he'd get it. I trust the man with my families money and he deserves it.

C

CascadeFarmer

If someone places a trade just based on what you recommend, what I'm mentioning or what Madrus is talking about specifically (some here talk about market generalities not mentioning any specific issues) then they need to accept responsibility for their decisions and not blame someone else. Don't know that I've ever said buy this or sell that and agree that I stay away from that stuff. Some people here making good calls and like when you mentioned a specific issue like CDE. I didn't buy it even though it did well...lol. This thread is about TRADING and nice to see peeps focusing on the 'hot' stuff and 'sleeper' situations.

While a bit off track, and have not looked into this at all to confirm legitimacy or background verification, it comes from a friend who's incredibly intelligent and home 24/7 due to health issues. Spends his day looking all kind of 'conspiracy' stuff...financial, social and spiritual. He goes by HappyDayz elsewhere and has a mycuriosbrain.com website. My buddy is dealing with end stage kidney failure...actually has no kidneys and they had to remove the first donor set due to rejection. They won't give him a replacement set because he's a registered MMJ user.

Anyway...could be a red herring and disinformation type stuff...

The United States Federal Reserve bankers are already prepared for a hostile merger of Canada with the United States with the aid of Stephen Harper. The same bankers who orchestrated the United States Wall Street swindle ($12.5 trillion bailout the Federal Reserve bankers swindled from the American taxpayers - as of December 1, 2010) are banking on Stephen Harper winning a majority on May 2, 2011. They are laying in wait until Harper wins a majority and dissolves Canada, the Canadian flag and the Canadian Dollar.

The Federal Reserve’s North American Union Note (sample image on the left) has already been printed to replace the US Federal Reserve Note, the Canadian Dollar and the Mexican Pesco.

Why is the Federal Reserve printing North American Union Notes? The United States is financially bankrupt – thanks entirely to the Federal Reserve Bankers. The Federal Reserve Bankers orchestrated the largest swindle in the history of the United States, and the World, by fraudulently declaring loses of $billions. These bankers fraudulently declared that their banks would fail unless the US government paid them $trillions in bailout money.

Both George W Bush and Barack Obama were willing conspirators in the massive swindle of over $12.5 trillion from the American taxpayers. Because Bush and Obama handed over $trillions to the federal Reserve bankers the United States has no money to finance its social programs, its health care system, the American peoples’ pensions, its military, its government and all of its financial obligations. The Japan earthquake and tsunami added to the US economic woes as the second largest holder of US debt can no longer support the US economy. Japan is itself faced with the massive financial burden of rebuilding and can no longer afford to buy the US debt. China can clearly see that the U.S. financial system is effectively insolvent and is now starting to dump the worthless US federal Reserve Note.

The Federal Reserve bankers have been working for years to destroy the United States as we know it. Their goal is to bankrupt the United States. By bankrupting the US the US government will be forced to dissolve the United States Constitution and the Bill of Rights in favor of a North American Union with Canada and Mexico. As the United States is the largest forced trading partner (NAFTA forcibly took control of the Canadian commerce) with Canada the Federal Reserve bankers has been preparing and is ready to force Canada into merging with the US to form a North American Union – one controlled by the Federal Reserve bankers.

A Stephen Harper majority is key to forming the Federal Reserve bankers’ North American Union. The Federal Reserve bankers’ plans for a takeover of Canada in 2009 were defeated in 2008 when Stephen Harper won only a minority government. In 2008 the Feds were so sure that Harper would win a majority that they printed $billions in North American Union Notes dated 2009.

The accompanying article photo above is a sample of the 2009 Federal Reserve North American Union Note. The counterfeit note is concrete evidence of the Federal Reserve bankers’ conspiracy to destroy the United States in order to form a Federal Reserve banker controlled North American Union.

The Note Reads – “Federal Reserve Note.” It has a Federal Reserve bankers adopted NAU flag (blue with 3 white stars that represent Mexico, the US and Canada) above the words “The United Federation of North America”. Below it the Federal Reserve bankers boldly claims “THIS NOTE IS LEGAL TRANSNATIONAL TENDER BY UNION OF THE NORTH AMERICAN REPUBLIC ESTABLISHED AND AUTHORIZED BY THE FREE TRADE AND RECOVERY ACT OF THE CENTRAL BANK APPROVED BY THE U.S. FEDERAL RESERVE BANQUE DU CANADA AND BANCO DE MEXICO” .

The note is a complete fraud. In the United States – The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, … coin Money, regulate the Value thereof. The Federal Reserve bankers’ NAU Note unlawfully eliminates the US Congress power to coin the US money. It is a fraud because it eliminates the vote of the US citizens, the Canadian citizens and Mexican citizens. Its claim of legal tender is based entirely on the Federal Reserve created free trade agreement.

The Federal Reserve bankers claims totalitarian authority over the United States, Canadian and Mexican people. Their worthless North American Union Note isn’t approved by the people of the United States, Canada and Mexico. It is only approved by itself. It fraudulently claims that it is approved by the central banks in the US, Canada and Mexico. Those central banks could never approve such a scheme as they are mandated by the elected representatives of the people of the United States, Canada and Mexico. Here in Canada the Bank of Canada’s (BANQUE DU CANADA) mandate is to conduct monetary policy in a way that promotes the economic and financial well-being of Canadians – not to a foreign owned Federal Reserve Banks.

What does this mean for Canadians? It gives Canadians another very good reason not to give Stephen Harper a majority government. I am Canadian, are you? I support Canada, do you? I will defend Canada, will you?

picture.php

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I can tell you that hes never been foreclosed on before and is worth millions of dollars. Can you say the same? I cant take you seriously when you try to tell me you have 15+ years experience after seeing your living situation. I'm gonna go with his advice. End of story.

And for what its worth if the guy wanted a commission, he'd get it. I trust the man with my families money and he deserves it.

As you will and 6% is great so long as shit doesn't change. So better hope that fancy Canada / Mexico / USA thing won't fuck your shit up.

I can't believe I am saying this, but..... Things are different this time. The shit is going to hit the fan and those funneled into contracts and derivatives will suffer as Gramps said the real cost of money, or time value of money, or running inflation rate, or discount rate, or implied rate of return are all necessarily greater than 6% else you aren't growing you are decaying like so many generations of privileged offspring who never contributed a whit whilst living off the carcass.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
If someone places a trade just based on what you recommend, what I'm mentioning or what Madrus is talking about specifically (some here talk about market generalities not mentioning any specific issues) then they need to accept responsibility for their decisions and not blame someone else. Don't know that I've ever said buy this or sell that and agree that I stay away from that stuff. Some people here making good calls and like when you mentioned a specific issue like CDE. I didn't buy it even though it did well...lol. This thread is about TRADING and nice to see peeps focusing on the 'hot' stuff and 'sleeper' situations.

While a bit off track, and have not looked into this at all to confirm legitimacy or background verification, it comes from a friend who's incredibly intelligent and home 24/7 due to health issues. Spends his day looking all kind of 'conspiracy' stuff...financial, social and spiritual. He goes by HappyDayz elsewhere and has a mycuriosbrain.com website. My buddy is dealing with end stage kidney failure...actually has no kidneys and they had to remove the first donor set due to rejection. They won't give him a replacement set because he's a registered MMJ user.

Anyway...could be a red herring and disinformation type stuff...

picture.php

Interesting that the S&P downgrade sparked a rise in bond sales. Apparently, the globe still puts their faith in America's ability to pay it's debt. I know bonds don't pay very well. But when markets tank, the bond is better than waning stock value.

The iD

any bets on the bottom for this dip in gold?

this is gonna be an interesting week.

i layed on the 2nd half of my calls and fired off the rest of my short term puts @ 1750$/. still short papergold over the long term (oct-dec) so im covered if this correction lasts further. ive got possible downside @ 1699$/oz to friday. we just touched 1750 so watch support from this level. decent support here from the aug10/12 test imo. looks to me like the movers are trying to set up a nice buying opportunity coming into JH. JH is PM bullish imo either way. PM deadline soon, trend should solidify late this week after profit taking. real big movement when they do something real big.

im currently short the market in my high risk & income portfolios, but am neutral-risk off w/ a negative outlook in my "hedge fund". lotta cash, especially in the later, along w/ carefully placed credit/debit spreads and other writes n strats. volatility pushes spreads wider so one can make a killing writing or straddling the line. VXX is at its 40$ interim top. strangles here would be nearly guaranteed profit. i see it reaching for 60, and then onto 80+ as shit gets realreal here and in EU next 30days, but there is good downside risk too that they pull another QE earless rabbit out of a dow20k hat and that France surrenders preemptively. i suggest waiting till Friday's announcement and playing reactionary, that would be safe while still profitable.

im crazy (like a fox), so if you wanna short along w/ me, SRS or SPXU sep calls might not be the worst bet if you wanna go short. never pay the Ask price, toss something in the middle or below Bid and let it trend towards your bid price or have an algo pick it up. if it doesnt fill then it wasnt meant to be.

im seeing some disturbing retracement again today in the indices. Dow is testing that 11.25k level (50%), S&P1175 (68.8). kinda looks like we created a bottom w/ wedge formation off the July22 top. i hope it keeps going up because if we are sitting on that lower support when Bernanke talks, things could get ugly.

good, looks like we broke it into the close. 11.5k/1.2k by fri. i still want 12kDOW but looks less likely now. anything can happen on friday. what if he announces some ZIRP? the smart play right now is most definitely not to play. go buy dinner and flowers for yourself and a significant other. at least getting laid is real. think thats the best advice i can give. stay frosty,

-iD

edit: good post CF. +144. interesting stuff.

edit2: ugh, i said ZIRP again when i meant TARP. we already got some more ZIRP last time. cant keep track of all this bullshit.

Last edited:

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
any bets on the bottom for this dip in gold?

this is gonna be an interesting week.

Right now, it's all on a dip. We'll look back at these days and prices and (some of us) will laugh. Others will cry.

Like others mentioned, dip is largely due to profit taking. Shanghai seems intent on pulling a COMEX, when they hammered silver back in May, on gold. most of which don't apply to gold. I'd love to be wrong on that,though. :)

Interesting that the S&P downgrade sparked a rise in bond sales. Apparently, the globe still puts their faith in America's ability to pay it's debt. I know bonds don't pay very well. But when markets tank, the bond is better than waning stock value.

Well, when you consider that those who have been buying bonds are computers, and not real people, working to provide the illusion of people buying bonds, and having faith, and the economy progressing forward... it takes a little of the shine off.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Computers also buy stocks. It all comes down to the bottom line... gain or lose. Both humans and computers recognize the difference.

C

CascadeFarmer

Another up day on lower volume. Yesterday was better in some ways but still up day volume not making up for the high volume selling days. Yesterday was decent though.

HANS with a solid confirmation day. GLD dropped to about $170 near it's 20MA which is where I thought it might make it's first stand...if it does. Highest volume day yet for it...and also the largest single day loss. Tons of profit taking.

SSRI, silver, with a solid 2 day pullback.