What's new

Short term trades in the stock market •$$$$$•

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
Here's a site you might like SG..."DollarCollapse.Com" ;)
http://dollarcollapse.com/

Chart for $USD again shows power of the "DoubleTop" formation
that happen all over the place , cause this is what all traders look for .

Looks to be hitting a "Double Bottom" now on the return dip to Nov low @ $75.5
but this is where you have to break out the monthly chart & see a longer term
low down at $74

US dollar dragging on the floor here , will be really oversold
should it fall down to $74's

usdd.png

zenoonez

Veteran
I'm hearing a lot of the currency guys say the swiss franc is the new "flight to safety" currency. When the SHTF in the Middle East there were "flight to safety" moves by the market. The Dollar has always been one. Middle East on fire? Not this time. I believe that speaks volumes for the way the market sees our currency now.

And what do you do? Stop quantitative easing? Who is going to service this?

two-bits-figure-2.jpg

That deserves to be posted twice.

The article blames it on the price of oil holding it down. I think the price of oil is partially high right now because of the liquidity flood over the past couple years. I think it's a change of perception.

Should You Be Freaked Out That The Dollar Hasn't Rallied During The Flight To Safety? Business Insider

QE 3 on deck.

Who is going to buy treasury bonds? Someone...
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-...g-buyer-of-dollars-that-gross-says-avoid.html
I watched his entire interview, very interesting take on the economy and market.

zenoonez

Veteran
Well market off today but not on volume. Nothing seems to be selling off strongly. Anyone get into anything interesting this morning?

zenoonez

Veteran
ZSTN is setting up right now for a good entry, already up 20.8%

I would steer clear, chart doesn't look like it wants to go positive, but hey don't listen to me, I should have sold out of LEI a long time ago but I am still watching it piss away hoping for a rebound.

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
doesn't look good so far, but wait until 1:00 to 1:30, thats when some real volume has been coming into the gap up stocks. There is nearly no volume right now, some 2 min periods go by without a single trade, it is mid-day the usual low volume time.

zenoonez

Veteran
Gramps, we all have the people whose guidance we look to, I was just showing that there is someone out there to buy bonds. Sam, you are right, I am hoping for a rebound after lunch, I hope I can stay in LEI that long, it looks like it has some downward momentum after 11:15. Come on baby, daddy needs a new pair of shoes! Lol.

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
ZSTN ...nice another little china play to add to the list tx ! Has a float of only 9mil so not too extremely overvalued on the surface @$84mil...volume not anywhere near the momo of ROYL the other day @ 1mil... but same 9mil float
http://shortsqueeze.com/?symbol=zstn

ZSTN into cable & gps systems & not bad earnings news , they're even buying new office space ! Have to remember that many of these chinese adr's report "unaudited" eps reports so more due diligence needed , pretty good YOY results
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=zstn&ql=1

SINA & SOHU just got bounces today ... here's a article today on
"Chinese Stocks in the US " that includes some larger Chinese Energy/ Oil
stocks SNP CEO PTR & off Bloomberg
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-...cnooc-petrochina-sina-sinopec.html?cmpid=yhoo

Another article with good list on Top China Small Cap Picks of 2011:
Performance Year to Date :
http://seekingalpha.com/article/256...of-2011-performance-year-to-date?source=yahoo

So my Chinese Major stock list here grows more complete , thanks for mentioning ZSTN & there's more Chinese small caps on the list above have to look into ...---->take a look ! ;)
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/cq?d=v1&...tes+ptr+sina+snda+snp+ssw+sohu+watg+yong+zstn

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
Interesting, but I disagree with pretty much everything he said. I find myself much more so in the Bill Gross camp.

that link to the site "dollarcollapse.com" gramps had an article by Bill Gross down on the "Best of the Web" links i gave a quick read to last night ...guys kind of a legend :
http://www.pimco.com/Pages/Two-Bits-Four-Bits-Six-Bits-a-Dollar.aspx

(the shear amount of information we have to process in todays world , lol
interesting article on quantitive easing:)

Two-Bits, Four-Bits, Six-Bits, a Dollar

• A successful handoff from public to private credit creation has yet to be accomplished, and it is that handoff that ultimately will determine the outlook for real growth and stability.
  • Because quantitative easing has affected all risk spreads, the withdrawal of nearly $1.5 trillion in annualized check writing may have dramatic consequences.
  • Who will buy Treasuries when the Fed doesn’t? The question really is at what yield, and what are the price repercussions if the adjustments are significant.
cont'd

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
It's trying...watching to see what it does when it hits its down trending 10. Today's bounce is, once again as compared to the recent sell off days, coming on weaker vol than the sell off. How convenient was it they upgraded the chip sector right when the NASDAQ was at it's 50? Sometimes I wonder about those things. Still though some dynamics in the economy are improving/stabilizing.

NFLX got the bounce today off the 50ma up as much 7pts+ (like Goldman GS still trying to hold ) also hasn't violated that 50rsi (too much) this whole time ...CCI was bottomed plus there's that top in Dec that directly coincided with this test of the 50ma at $200 as support

After getting pounded for 5days in a row losing 48pts/20% , traders looking for a dead cat bounce in here
nflx.png

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gramps, we all have the people whose guidance we look to, I was just showing that there is someone out there to buy bonds.

True. Fink doesn't have the printing power capability of the FED though. He can't just create money out of nothing to buy bonds. Only the FED can do that and they have to do a whooooole bunch of it.

I do agree with him on rising interest rates though which means we'll have to print more money to service our debt.

M

Mountain

Another article with good list on Top China Small Cap Picks of 2011:
I'm very familiar with NEP, UTA, CCME and YONG and traded all of them. Chinese stocks are very much out of favor and have been for awhile.

UTA may be one of the better on the list. Similar to CTRP but UTA focuses on higher margin travel stuff. Very low valuation at this point.

CCME is a mess and I've mentioned that before...made good money on it before it crashed. If the bulls are right it'll scream and do think the bears have manipulated it a bit like making an announcement on the Chinese New Year when the company was closed and couldn't respond...lol. Used to have a huge short interest but don't know where that sits now.

YONG is a good company it seems but NEP is my favorite. That blip in the past was when they had accounting issues and had to restate. Seems like they've cleaned up their act and probably one of the few oil stocks that hasn't had it's day in the sun yet and pretty washed out in the chart. I'd be cautious on the large Chinese oil companies as the government does dictate some things to them. IVAN is a smaller Chinese company and have been watching that one for awhile.

NFLX - dead cat bounce is a good way to describe it. I still think that stock is in for some trouble. They don't have shit going for them like AAPL, and can see why they got a nice bounce off the 50. Since NFLX is shifting to streaming instead of discs and opening themselves up to competition. Amazon could be interesting cause don't they have server farms? Even if just for them and not offer services to other companies they have the technology infrastructure to easily stream video. Amazon would not need to make much and probably will become a value added service. NFLX will live and die on disc rentals and streaming purchases but one hell of a brand!

ONNN - upgrade to outperform after a general chip sector upgrade...didn't do anything but the market is weak today.

GS - interesting test right now.

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
NFLX....those dead cat bounces can be very profitable Mountain , why its good to play them long & short while in play . Also one trick i use is pay very close attention to the INET book ecn in particular ... alot can be read by the positive or negative "skew" in the order lines up on level II.

Thanks for NEP petroleum chinese play , didnt have that on the list but is now...BIDU , SINA SOHU & SNDA have played before frequently , like to keep them in sight & track earnings /news ...they make great shorts too.

China stock list looking very good now & great thing about these lists is you can quickly grab all the news for one sector at a glance below, things that might be missed
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/cq?d=v1&...nep+ptr+sina+snda+snp+ssw+sohu+watg+yong+zstn

NEP another great example of the power of Double Tops huh ?
Looks like $8 bucks was it for NEP before ...

And that bounce right off the 30rsi in early Feb , some peeps made some money off this usually thin traded oil stock ...they are out of favor some what tho as u say ...but good classic chart study NEP got halted right at the 50ma after the bounce off the oversold 30rsi & CCI...these indicators really work a great majority of the time .

bounced off that dip to 30rsi @ lil below $4.50 , a 20% gain in 15days which wasnt bad <g
nep.png

zenoonez

Veteran
Got out of LEI for +9 for the day, +13 for the week. Time to go out and have a beer with my brother. Hope everyone else steered clear of the slide today. Mountain and Madrus, you guys rock. The info being shared here is great. Keep it up guys. Peace.

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
Chip sector upgrade "fos"

Chip sector upgrade "fos"

Upgraded Chip Sector into the soft season & the $SOX trading near 3yr high again & SOX putting in a double top @ 475 ???

Who are they trying to kid ?? ...as the Sopranos say -->forgettabout it!

$SOX monthly , short this on any pop to double top ...only linking the chart this is a short all the way ..its even extremely overboght on the monthly chart <GG
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$SOX&p=W&b=5&g=0&id=p20094489989

wireless conectivity chip sector is going to be strong tho ...

M

Mountain

NFLX....those dead cat bounces can be very profitable Mountain, why its good to play them long & short while in play.
I never said they couldn't be profitable. NFLX has been mentioned a bit lately...did you play it? Not my thing.

As for NEP that first move back up through it's down 50 in a major downtrend looks like a bear trap. That bottom previously never consolidated after such a steep drop. Fun to look back at things though. NEP is still in a confirmed down trend. An entry here might be OK with a stop loss at Tuesday's intra day low. I think that low a few weeks back might have taken out the last of the weak holders.

M

Mountain

I still think they're pumping up the ship sector giving preferred clients a chance at an out. JDSU is rocking and still remember contemplating a buy when it closed that day near 18....ooops.

I was really tempted with CRZO near the close. KOG held up very well after a crappy earnings announcement but interesting thing is KOG has a rapidly growing proven reserve of crude while CRZO also has a rapidly growing proven reserve but more of that is natty gas. CRZO has set targets to increase oil reserves compared to natty gas and they are on target. As Cramer said...KOG is a speculative play but still like their chances long term.

Silver still going nuts. That ring on my finger is worth more every day...ha ha!

Latest posts

Latest posts