What's new

Short term trades in the stock market •$$$$$•

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
$565.81 Up $ 90.35 ...Netflix NFLX

It might gap up also a little more tomorrow.It can happen.

Read it may go to $900

Pigs make money,Bulls make money,Bears make money.

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
So Netflix with the gap down means the stock was OverBough after the Hugh run-up and then even with $3.50 Down at the open,Along with the dow, it continue to climb.Nice one! :dance013:

One of my portfolio that was green today beside Netflix is BALT.Baltic Trading Limited is a shipping company focused on the drybulk industry spot market.

At $1.49,it could make a run to $4.25 says a analyst.The volume is higher than average.So it might make a move.I usually don't chase something not doing good but if you look at the sector like

Star Bulk Carrier
Paragon Shipping
Intl. Shipholding
FreeSeas Inc
Navios Maritime
Safe Bulkers, Inc

I would say BALT might move before everyone else does.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had a short signal for the market this week but failed to act on it, maybe cause last week I got a short signal and would have lost money if I acted.

I am looking for a good pullback to happen anytime here, 20% maybe? Anyone got anything like this on their radar or even better have money on the line shorting the market?

Still looking a stock that has potential to become a 10x return though I could accept a 100x return too.

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
I killed it on the amazon, bought in 268, sold out last Friday 385

Stock jumped $55.11 today..But better to be a Bull then a pig getting slaughter if the price dropped.Seems you didn't hold into earnings.But I know nothing of this stock.One of this type of trade is when someone would take half off the table and wait into earnings is one way to take advantage of the earnings.

A good split Starbucks did and still looking good.

Gold dropped as expected which means Shorting gold is better :tiphat:

And Copper indeed did take a jump up when gold went down.
CU --- First Trust ISE Global Copper Index Fund
JJC--- Barclays Bank Plc Ipath Dow Jones Ubs Copper
DBB --- ETF tracks futures on copper,zinc,aluminium.ie,Liquid metal

On 11-6-14 is when I shorted all 3 positions and JJC gave me the best gains $36 to $32.The other were $2.00 and .23 cents..I am still in position and now may short gold.

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
Starbucks and the big jump looks good a few days ago,,,was away and couldn't post.

HZNP seems not to be a buy anymore at 16% and need one alot stronger and ADPT seems alot better at 96% buy.

I like RWC since it's a wireless company and it seems to be bullish at this time.And it's under $10.00 a share

Some of these trades are short terms.Ebb and flow.

CU-the stock seems to be climbing away and I got out today..Copper seems bullish.And took gains on the other 2.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Been looking at biotech symbol rcpt or Receptor stock. Cramer had the ceo on with him the other day and it sounded really good. Anyone own it or have thoughts? I know it has run up big already but if they get to selling their stuff it could go thru the roof.

Rob547

East Coast Grower
Veteran
check American Tower too.

love stocks but have never had the $$ to start. Netflix has shown some crazy numbers

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
AMT seems a sell at the moment..unless it hits its low of $85.95 while it's at $93.00 right now and indicators are showing 40% which is 30% is bearish.But if you're still bullish then it's a good time to buy with a limit order.Market wants to drag down the sector or some other means.

Buy at the end of day and sell in the morning stock.

In the same sector IMH seems to be a Very bullish one.

AEC seems to be a close 2nd with its high.

You could hedge a winner IMH-AEC with your bearish stock AMT in another account to simplify the trade.

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
YUM Yum! Brand $91.90 100% Buy
MYCC Clubcorp $22.71 100% Buy
ATTU Attunity $12.06 88% Buy
NAP Maritime $17.16 100% Buy
MRC Mrc Global $16.74 88% Buy
CG The Carlyle $30.84 100% Buy
AER Aercap $49.04 100% Buy
NTRI Nutrisystem $ 23.25 100% Buy

I will give this 2 weeks or best gains per stock to end up over all at a certain percentage.These were almost the top ten.

Or try the top 2 airlines with JBLU and HA...If oil keeps dropping if we are using less,that's good news for airlines.Lets end this in the green.10 each.New Account at Google..pretty easy to set up.For free too.

Lyfespan

YUM Yum! Brand $91.90 100% Buy
MYCC Clubcorp $22.71 100% Buy
ATTU Attunity $12.06 88% Buy
NAP Maritime $17.16 100% Buy
MRC Mrc Global $16.74 88% Buy
CG The Carlyle $30.84 100% Buy
AER Aercap $49.04 100% Buy
NTRI Nutrisystem $ 23.25 100% Buy

I will give this 2 weeks or best gains per stock to end up over all at a certain percentage.These were almost the top ten.

Or try the top 2 airlines with JBLU and HA...If oil keeps dropping if we are using less,that's good news for airlines.Lets end this in the green.10 each.New Account at Google..pretty easy to set up.For free too.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=59319&pictureid=1431100&thumb=4]View Image[/url]
Um your hitting us with the good info like 3 days too late, last Friday seems that all the stocks jumped

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
Wish I knew more about shorting the market,after Friday's up swing, looks like a lot are falling

In usa you need $2500 to short anything you want,not so when you buy.

Seems the Bears are out in the Spring.Sometimes when I make a call..it flips on me.But after these bears attack on the Bullish picks,I'm going to add 10 more shares again.A better price this time.

It could go down some more Since we are the bottom of a channel and alot of top folks were saying that the Bears are around the Corner the last few weeks.Or we go right back up to the top then look below.

The First ever news.
(AMZN) announced a partnership with JetBlue Airways Corporation (NASDAQ: JBLU) to make its on-demand video streaming service available at 30,000 feet up in the sky,making JetBlue the first airline carrier to provide it.

Lyfespan

In usa you need $2500 to short anything you want,not so when you buy.

Seems the Bears are out in the Spring.Sometimes when I make a call..it flips on me.But after these bears attack on the Bullish picks,I'm going to add 10 more shares again.A better price this time.

It could go down some more Since we are the bottom of a channel and alot of top folks were saying that the Bears are around the Corner the last few weeks.Or we go right back up to the top then look below.

The First ever news.
(AMZN) announced a partnership with JetBlue Airways Corporation (NASDAQ: JBLU) to make its on-demand video streaming service available at 30,000 feet up in the sky,making JetBlue the first airline carrier to provide it.
Yeah I knew about that partnership in the worx, I work for amazon.

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
Oh that's cool...How's the drones coming along delivering packages in the air?
If you ever come up on working with drones and learning now as a hobby should be lots of fun.

I started to take up Brushless Lipo powered motors With Slashes 2WD as my main vehicles.Drones use the same systems.Repair shops and all.At Amazon.:tiphat:

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bond Liquidity I believe will be the meme for 2015. All this liquidity pumped in, but no liquidity to trade. Lions, and Tigers, and Bears, Oh..my.

German Bund yield reversal as of late is a huge indicator of markets moving against central banks. Leading indicator for a nice dip to buy for all the BTFDers.

I'm putting on my Dow 20,000 hat.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Oh that's cool...How's the drones coming along delivering packages in the air?
If you ever come up on working with drones and learning now as a hobby should be lots of fun.

I started to take up Brushless Lipo powered motors With Slashes 2WD as my main vehicles.Drones use the same systems.Repair shops and all.At Amazon.:tiphat:
I lost over 100k shorting AMZN and CRM

Good luck boys

:joint:

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
I lost over 100k shorting AMZN and CRM

Good luck boys

:joint:

The thing about being in the market is some folks want to cover both sides,but it is hard to gauge sometimes.

Takes skill to learn but I'm rather a bullish person but if the time is right one can make 30% gain being a bear.

Some reason why not to short is the chatter that some folks can be caught up in.Google (Goog) and NetFlix (NFLX) seems to keep going up and up as Amazon and CRM..It's very hard to Short stocks like this.

A good short for a stock would be like KERX...I was in this stock at .34 cents and it ran to $16.00's then a good short would be nicely taken.

JiM Cramer sometimes says take a hour a week on a stock...I would take 3-4 hours on just one.Or even looking for one such as KERX..took me 6 hours to find it and waited 1.5 years before it finally took off and was getting approvals for its drug in another country.

It's very hard to short a Bullish stock unless we have a Flash crash and even those gains wouldn't be counted if the Market says no you cannot take those enormous gains.