What's new

Short term trades in the stock market •$$$$$•

DrFever

Veteran
What's so weird about it? They are paid in full..

What are they doing with it? Saving it obviously..
...as opposed to sitting in a financial situation within nothing to "blow".

Buying money with paper dollars (fiat currency) isn't exactly an investment decision. It's saving your wealth while opting out of the ponzi scheme, one of the largest crimes against humanity in existence.[/

TBO there smart they have real currency value something the GOV can do nothing about or control

DrFever

Veteran
Did you know that today’s dollar can only buy about 2% of what it could buy in 1900? Compare that to gold, which today buys 150% of what it could in 1900. So, in roughly a century, gold has catapulted to 75 times as much purchasing power as the dollar.

The government’s promise of a stable dollar reeks. Like the breathless pledge of a toothy codger to a hooker. Not sober. Not to be trusted. And it’s certainly not something you should rely on for your investment future.

The value of gold and silver does not hinge directly on a promise from a government’s central bank. It is not a promise to pay. It’s just gold and silver. The real thing. Those precious metals form a safe haven for your wealth, protecting you from the horrors of inflation and the destruction of paper currencies.

In addition to offering unparalleled protection in today’s uncertain financial world, gold and silver actually can offer you a powerful opportunity to increase your wealth. You can protect yourself AND profit from the right exposure to these precious metals. It’s an excellent combination — killing some of your risk and adding the possibility of gains…

But just how likely is a rise in the gold and silver prices? After all, both metals have had good runs lately. Is the best behind us? Not at all. In fact, according to some, a second, even more powerful leg of the raging precious metal bull is nearly inevitable.

I’m assuming you know about the stellar recent run-up in gold. It’s doubled in a short period of just over 3 years. Silver’s done slightly better than gold in the same period of time. But there’s an alarming fact about silver that you have most likely never heard…

So if your going to buy gold or silver buy the metal not a cerificate again you can get stiffed on that if bank forecloses or when the crash comes

Also a good stock is watch power drinks wait for good time to jump in short term it has fast gains it climbs then short drop usually after Xmass but by may- Nov your realling in the cash

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
I am so loading up on Copper rounds and bars...going for $1.29 per ounce or .99 cents if over 500 ounces.

http://www.providentmetals.com/bullion/copper.html

I am not hawking the website but if anyone can get rounds for cheaper,let me know.I used to buy gold when it was $335 and ounce and Silver was $3.50 an ounce.I bought alot of silver and have sold them all off.So Now Copper is around Dollar and its a good time to load up with extra cash.

New Flash!

Scott Miracle soil Grow company on the stock market ( SMG ) Has bought out General Hydroponics to diversify their portfolio.This is good news as weed is becoming legal and bigger Corporations hopping on board.SMG must be saying that hydro weed is better than soil..lol ...Say it like it is when the masses move closer to the door.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Interesting news about GH ^. I was not aware.

I used to buy gold when it was $335 and ounce and Silver was $3.50 an ounce.

Only a crazy gold nut would buy such a barbaric relic at those prices! If anyone was privileged to your little collection I'm sure they ate their shorts a few times during the rise. Did you manage to take some profits along the way?

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
Interesting news about GH ^. I was not aware.

Only a crazy gold nut would buy such a barbaric relic at those prices! If anyone was privileged to your little collection I'm sure they ate their shorts a few times during the rise. Did you manage to take some profits along the way?

I didn't get into gold,it was silver that I can afford as a young man in my 20's.Bought like 300 ounces of Silver around $4.74 and sold them off when it hit around $7.00.but wow...long term..it hit up to $40's and about 20 years later.I was into another stock that is still doing great and have split into several companies.

Now I think it's copper that's a cheap metal to hoard.And save.After doing research on copper that anyone can get but thieves.Always trying to get into the power companies cables and literally frying themselves.Or even a Copper Relic of Lincoln's sword was taken from his statue.This was about last year around this time.Seems there is a copper shortage around in some parts of the world but ..One can order them online.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So far I am guessing this week will see the market go lower. No one else here will venture a guess is my guess. No offense but this thread is lacking in any help for short term traders.

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
So far I am guessing this week will see the market go lower. No one else here will venture a guess is my guess. No offense but this thread is lacking in any help for short term traders.

Short term ? ETE is a good one.Has lots of tops. CFI keeps going higher...it really depends on what you are after.

But usa has to ask permission from Europe to raise interest rates here.

HZNP seems hot right now.Maybe tomorrow it goes up again.

St. Phatty

I am so loading up on Copper rounds and bars...going for $1.29 per ounce or .99 cents if over 500 ounces.

http://www.providentmetals.com/bullion/copper.html

I am not hawking the website but if anyone can get rounds for cheaper,let me know.

So Now Copper is around Dollar and its a good time to load up with extra cash.

for Copper to work, there has to be a Market maker - like the coin dealer that buys circulated Silver coins, or Silver Rounds.

for Copper, the closest I know to a 'ready buyer' is the scrap metal place, or another copper collector on Craigslist.

As a metal to work in, I think Copper is just as beautiful as Gold or Silver. Imagine if we lived on a planet where Copper was the rare metal, and petrified ganja bud was the most beautiful gem-stone. :woohoo:

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
As a metal to work in, I think Copper is just as beautiful as Gold or Silver. Imagine if we lived on a planet where Copper was the rare metal, and petrified ganja bud was the most beautiful gem-stone. :woohoo:

Gem-stone..lol

I'm liking copper ever since pennies in the u.s.a. went from 100% to less that.

2015 penny is zinc .925 and copper .025

Copper price per pound is $2.77 as of march
Zinc price per pound is .96 cents

The One ounce copper rounds are very nice to have and look at since the last time I touched the silver one ouncers.

I was short Copper before Christmas - 11/14 - JJC...$36 to $33 and CU $18.80 to $17.16 when Gold and Silver were coming down.I think they both have ways to go but copper might not follow them as much as in the past.So I'm actually going out and getting Copper rounds to hoard and get 20 of them for $25 which is not bad.I used to get Silver for $4.00/ounce and I thought that was alot since I wasn't sure If I was doing the right thing just to hold them/rent deposit boxes at banks/up to 4 years...Now you can get Copper and pass them out as tips and keep a big block someplace as a book end.

I figured out that the cost of copper is .67 cents per ounce/ at 10 pounds and at .99 cents/for 20 ounces...that only 22 cents over spot per ounce still under $1.00 per ounce.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Barring an all out Middle East War or disruption of the supply choke points in the ME I'm betting oil will be at $30 or below by the end of summer.

Shorting Oil ETF's (USO) could work out. High Risk High Reward. Fairly dangerous play because of geopolitical volatility. But lets face it. The inventory numbers are building four times faster than Wall Street Anyalst expectations. Storage capacity is getting close to full and production is increasing at record amounts. And to top it all off no one is buying any crude. Demand has completely collapsed, which tells me we are standing close to a deflationary vortex. The oilfield in Houston is starting to get decimated. Property prices are starting to drop. Sooooo many high paying jobs have been lost. It's brutal. Probably 35% of people I knew in the patch are out. Companies that skated through the 08 crisis are close to shutting down. Another 6 months of these low prices and the problems of the central bank shale boom going bust will start manifesting themselves on the national level.

As long as global production continues to increase into collapsing demand the trend will be down surely accompanied by major short squeezes on any Middle East war headlines that mention Saudi Arabia, Iran, and the Gulf States.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hope no one went short this week on my call earlier, I did not get in. Am thinking this week is gonna be up now. It changes so fast.

Anyone have a hot biotech stock that has a lot of room to run? Under $5 sounds about right and a penny stock would not be too low. If you hit the right one you could go 10x or even 100x. They just explode if the story seems legit. If no real earnings growth happens it all crumbles but that takes a while and you have to be ready to bail.

Jbomber79

Veteran
Barring an all out Middle East War or disruption of the supply choke points in the ME I'm betting oil will be at $30 or below by the end of summer.

Shorting Oil ETF's (USO) could work out. High Risk High Reward. Fairly dangerous play because of geopolitical volatility. But lets face it. The inventory numbers are building four times faster than Wall Street Anyalst expectations. Storage capacity is getting close to full and production is increasing at record amounts. And to top it all off no one is buying any crude. Demand has completely collapsed, which tells me we are standing close to a deflationary vortex. The oilfield in Houston is starting to get decimated. Property prices are starting to drop. Sooooo many high paying jobs have been lost. It's brutal. Probably 35% of people I knew in the patch are out. Companies that skated through the 08 crisis are close to shutting down. Another 6 months of these low prices and the problems of the central bank shale boom going bust will start manifesting themselves on the national level.

As long as global production continues to increase into collapsing demand the trend will be down surely accompanied by major short squeezes on any Middle East war headlines that mention Saudi Arabia, Iran, and the Gulf States.

Maybe so maybe not? Your right about a bunch of folks loosing there high paying jobs.. This oil thing is sketchy at best, I wouldn't be surprised if something were to happen in order to increase consumption, some of the wealthiest individuals are g&o derived with ways of influencing the market. I can't imagine gas will stay this low for more than 6 months. I have been wrong before, have to see in a few months :).

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
Starbucks split 2:1 yesterday.

It could be a good split since it's cheaper now to buy onto and make money like the Apple split.Coffee doesn't move the market like oil does but either it gets there or it doesn't.

HZNP seems to be doing really good :)

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
Anyone have a hot biotech stock that has a lot of room to run. Under $5 sounds about right and a penny stock would not be too low.
If you hit the right one you could go 10x or even 100x
. They just explode if the story seems legit.
If no real earnings growth happens it all crumbles but that takes a while and you have to be ready to bail.
I haven't played with penny biotechs, but have had 100%+ (laddered) returns with BIB (a 2x leveraged biotech index ETF) over the past year...

http://www.proshares.com/funds/bib.html
These leveraged ETFs (2x, 3x, -2x, -3x) index funds can be a wild ride, but being related to an index instead of an individual stock can help moderate risk.

I also like/use Proshare's Ultrapro QQQ, which is 3x the NASDAQ 100...
http://www.proshares.com/funds/tqqq.html
...and am up ~ 80% with that one over the same time frame as BIB.

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
Copper hit a near four-week low on Tuesday as concern grew over demand in top consumer China a day before the country gives an update on its economic growth.Three-month copper on the London Metal Exchange dropped to a low of $5,900 a tonne.Copper has consolidated since hitting 5-1/2 year lows in January.

China uses 45% of the World's Copper.

Meanwhile in the u.s.a..... Copper Thieves Are Taking Wiring From Kentucky’s Highway Lights,Authorities Say.Thieves are selling the copper by the pound to recyclers—and a pound gets anywhere from $225 to $275. (It takes about 12 feet of copper to make a pound)

Hope the city isn't buying them at those prices.
You can get a ton for $6,000!

"San Joaquin farmers are facing an ongoing dilemma—thieves are stealing copper from their wells and water pumps."

"Copper thieves knock out power to 5,700 customers,RMP says"

"Copper thieves mess up 17-85 traffic"

"Caltrans has spent $48 million over the last seven years to replace stolen wiring from electronic highway message signs and the underground conduits for traffic lights and overhead lights."

I'm itching to get a 10 pound Block.And watching China and the news on metals for Wednesday.China is slowing down and the metals may take a hit.

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
HZNP..Nice channel into the 30's...I picked this stock based on increasing volume.

Another stock is netflix -NFLX

I have been following it since the $80 level and it exploded into the $480 and it may go into a 2:1 or 10:1 split.Also seen that it can only split up to 30:1 and no more.

Like Starbucks and Apple..One can make money off the splits.

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
Netflix exploded today.

Up $68.00 ..amazing!:tiphat: $543

Netflix's net profit of $0.38 a share was well short of both the $0.86 it posted a year earlier and the $0.69 analysts were targeting,but the miss was solely the handiwork of the strengthening dollar.Netflix would have scored a profit of $0.77 a share adjusted for foreign currency fluctuations.

Latest posts

Latest posts