What's new

Short term trades in the stock market •$$$$$•

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So Madrus what is the guys name and website. He would be worth imitating at least for a while. I have no ideas that is for sure.

mrcreosote

Veteran
Bernanke says no QE...

Go long. He's lying. How can I tell?

His lips moved.

Grabbing the pump handle in 3...2...1...

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bernanke's latest speech was interesting as he rambled on about why Okun's Law is completely broken and it's all just "very perplexing."

Okun's Law was observed in 1950. To Neo-economics its like Newton's Gravity to physics.

20120327_BB_0.png

The ECB is schooling the Bernanke right now though in the printing game.

20120328_ECB1.png

20120328_ECB2.png

20120328_ECB3.png

Bernanke will eventually show them who is bossman in the printing world.

Ben%20Silver%20Circle_0.jpg

mrcreosote

Veteran
Those charts say everything is fine...If they need a few more bucks that's ok too.

There's a lot more alphabet combinations they can make up to fund banks. Even if they get lazy and just toss an X-(treme) onto the ones they have.

(Shakes) Gimmee a Yo-11.

At least I get free drinks...

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Let's see we are going to be running the ESFS and the ESM together just after doing LTRO1 and LTRO2 which came on the heels of Operation Twist right after QE2, QE1.5, and QE1 which subsequently followed TARP. BOE has also been doing lots of QE and Bank of China, BOJ, and SNB have been QEing too.

So all is well. Nothing to see here move along. The central planners have everything under control. Please go by an iPad.

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
So Madrus what is the guys name and website. He would be worth imitating at least for a while. I have no ideas that is for sure.

i'll pm you that ..check in only so often here for the IC site last year for me has been absolutely beyond slow sometimes taking 1minute to even get something to post or would try & post more here ..

$SINA YOKU really been beaten down China going thru alot of internal political shake ups with recent ousted Communnist Party chief Bo Xilai in Chunqing mega city and now they've shut down the social networks over the weekend & even arresting people . CHinese gov't is now requiring all people on these huge chat sites to start registering with their real names , mandatory .

Sina, Tencent Shut Down Commenting on Microblogs .
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303816504577314400064661814.html

This could be a game changer this week , if the Banks ease in China (also all data will be looked hard at , job #'s etc )

China Overnight: Best Quarter Since 2010 as Credit Easing Looms ?
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-...-easing-looms-china-overnight.html?cmpid=yhoo

Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Next Week's Game Plan ,BBBY & MON reporting if China Banks do not ease could go rough on things

http://www.thestreet.com/story/11477035/1/cramers-mad-money-recap-next-weeks-game-plan-update-1.html

MON has blown out numbers 3times now so has BBBY

Last edited:

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
RIMM the stock everyone loves to hate , still if bought in the after hours thurs $12.78 got 15% bounce the next day to $15 as it did last time ..now to see if they float the rumor of buy out again next week to pop it more .

LIZ was frisky intraday , great short from $14.25 , big news for THLD coming monday will tell its fate & weight loss biotech VVUS popped twice to $23 where an adventurous short could have done a bunch and collected $1 .

AAPL short at $621 saw it correct with the first signs of weakness in fund darlings CMG & PCLN but no short is permanent as with any long , you get in take the money & run . But thurs/fri

Best trade was shorting $CF from $191 lower double top resistance then buying off $175's next two days on the swoon which saw it bounce back to $185 next day friday ....this fertilizer stock has very smart traders in it moves that out do AAPL any day .

YOKU/TUDO buyout wow , 2nd largest chinese video site next Youtube but when they bought TUDO & squeezed to $32 been down down down ever since what a short tat was.

LULU yoga wear was perfect short after earnings twice from $76.40 then the upgrade saved her from JEFF with PT of $92 ...Canadians making the best Yoga pants company went from $2.50 in 2010 to $75 this week & worth $10bil .

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks like European contagion is back in the headlines sinking the markets after a nice 4 month reprieve and amazing levitation brought on the ECB's $1.3tril LTRO1, LTRO2.

Spanish 10y yields are back above 6% and Italian banks are tanking again.

So, we can now quantify how much it costs to keep the markets from collapsing. $1.3 TRILLION buys the central planners about 3-4 months before reality returns. Half life of these interventions is shrinking.

I still think we need to see S&P ~900 and oil around 80 before the Bernank blows his load.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Markets are really starting to take a beating. Rumors that funds are liquidating AAPL to meet margin calls.

VIX has popped back to 21.

Massive $1.3tril liquidity dump has officially run it's course. The junkie needs some more "monetary heroin."

6918874934_ae4e2c1bb6_b.jpg

Last edited:

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Everyone has been waiting for this pullback. The market has been going in a straight line for the past few months.

S&P 500 @ 1340 is next major resistance. If it breaks that and runs down for a few more weeks 1285 would be next major resistance.

I think until someone starts monetizing Spanish and Italian bonds the yields will keep going higher. 7% on the 10y is freak out time for contagion in the markets. Markets will go lower until yields get back down below 6-5%. To get back down some central bank is going to have to dump a trillion or two. Be it LTRO, QE, or whatever word they wish to cloak monetization in. Whatever it is the central planning wizards are going to have to fight a deepening recession in Europe (depression in the southern countries).

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think it takes massive balls to short this market because of central bank intervention, but as long as spainsh or Italian yields are above 5.5% you may have a chance. Global economic data has been horrible for the past couple of months, but the market was too busy jacking off to LTRO to notice.

The tough thing about this is the ECB will step in unannounced intrday and monetize bonds here and there probably before someone announces another trillion $ fiat dump acronym into the the markets. When banks are printing shorts beware.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Too late to short the s and p?
Or maybe not?

Spain seems to be getting close to blowing up. Getting short right before one of the major periphery countries in southern Europe blow up would make a good trade. I thought it was going to be Italy first, but Spain with it's 24% unemployment and 50%+ youth unemployment might pop first.

The title of this article is silly and intentionally misleading by corportatist shills. This isn't a "New European Crisis". This is just the next phase.

Spain Is on the Bleeding Edge of a New European Crisis BloombergBusinessWeek
Things are unraveling in Europe at a startling pace. The country in the greatest danger is Spain, which could become the fourth member of the euro zone to require a bailout, following Greece, Ireland, and Portugal. Spain’s 709 billion euros of sovereign debt is roughly twice the debt of those three nations combined, according to data compiled by Bloomberg, so a rescue of Spain would be a heavy burden for the rest of Europe.

Investors got overconfident in Spain after the European Central Bank announced last December that it would funnel cheap, three-year loans to European banks, which they could (and did) use to invest in the debt of their own nations. (ponzi scheme :dunno:)The ECB lent more than 1 trillion euros. Spanish government 10-year yields, which were over 7 percent last November, plummeted to below 5 percent this January and February. They have raced back upward, to just below 6 percent in recent weeks.

Spain’s yields started jumping in early March, after Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy announced that the government budget deficit would miss the 4.4 percent of gross domestic product target that the previous administration had agreed to with the European Union. The problem is that the easy money from the ECB didn’t do anything to fix Spain’s fundamental problem—overindebtedness and an uncompetitive economy that, because of the common currency, can’t use depreciation as an escape hatch.

Bloomberg News reports today that Rajoy “is targeting basic public services for the first time since his election in December in a bid to convince investors he can bring order to the nation’s finances.”

But Mark Grant, a managing director at Southwest Securities in Fort Lauderdale, says that the education and health benefits that Rajoy wants to cut “do not totally come under the purview of the Spanish federal government.”

Writes Grant in a note to his customers today: “Even if the Federal government could get the cuts accomplished, it will take them months and perhaps months and months so that the headlines of what Spain is going to do has all of the substance of the milky froth atop some cup of coffee in Valencia that resembles a cappuccino.”

So not only does Spain have financial problems—it has Americans dissing its coffee.

Last edited:

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
VIX%20spikes.jpg

If the timeline stays roughly the same around summer time the VIX should spike and we should get another dose of monetary heroin.

"This time it's really going to work. It's the last hit we need. Just one more hit man. Just one more. One more hit and I'll quit. I swear man just one fucking hit!" Ben Bernanke 2015

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
Natural Gas is sure taking a beating.

Too much Glut.

Gold may save everyone now...No ,I was joking...Nothing to hedge yet.So then it's Natural gas

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Natural Gas is sure taking a beating.

Too much Glut.

Gold may save everyone now...No ,I was joking...Nothing to hedge yet.So then it's Natural gas
Some directional companies are really slowing down.

One big independent just laid off 60 field hands.

With NatGas at $1.99 this could get very ugly quickly for the oil operators and service companies.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Some directional companies are really slowing down.

One big independent just laid off 60 field hands.

With NatGas at $1.99 this could get very ugly quickly for the oil operators and service companies.

But electric rates are at all time highs still correct? Wouldn't want the sheeple to get any benefit out of 30 year lows in nat gas.

:joint:

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
But electric rates are at all time highs still correct? Wouldn't want the sheeple to get any benefit out of 30 year lows in nat gas.

:joint:
It may go down a smidge, but yes for the most part the people are hammered no matter the price. NY is almost twice the national average.