What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Short Rider from Nirvana

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
bought them from seed boutique. which is who i have been e-mailing. the listing was on gypsy nirvana's website. as a retailer, are you not supposed to support what you sell? it's not good business to just blow off a customer. so i will complain all i want and there is nothing you can do about it. excuse my mistake about the name but gypsy nirvana is still the one and only company i found selling these seeds.

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Short Rider is a hybrid of our discontinued strains Top 44 and Early Special.
Top 44 has long been a trade favourite because of its ability to produce commercially worthwhile amounts of strong,
skunky buds in just 44 days of flowering. Even though Early Special itself lacks this characteristic,
its Siberian Ruderalis genes give Short Rider the unique ability to "autoflower" - to flower independently of light cycles.
This means you won't need to maintain a strict lighting schedule for this strain - it will flower regardless!

this is taken right from his site. please look it up before you call me out on it. by the way, your link just brings me back to this thread.

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
One. Gypsy Nirvana owns icmag, seedboutique, seedbay, and the seed company "The GN Collection" you are calling the owner of this site, a great man who paid for this site for many years out of his own pocket (until generous members had donated seeds for the auction on seedbay) a scammer? then why are you here?

Two. Gyspy Nirvana is an outlet retailer, he buys large quantities of seeds, and sells them for us, taking a huge risk

Three. He did not, and does not, make these seeds, or own Nirvana Seeds Company, so do not blatantly out of ignorance blame gypsy when all he does is risk HIMSELF, so YOU can break the law growing an illegal plant, if you have such a problem with them calling it an autoflower, TAKE IT UP WITH NIRVANA!! www.nirvana-shop.com, and if you read the description it is an fast indoor hybrid x an early plant, Top 44 and Early Special. neither of them are even autoflowering! if i put up the description i take a plant called zips, a haze crossed to an afghan x afghan x afghan x afghan, and crossed it with deepchunk, come try this pure sativa, would you believe me?

btw if you want to try something actually by gypsy heres a link to what he offers http://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=2643961&posted=1#post2643961

That last link you posted links to this thread.

Now everybody knows shit happens and things get mixed up or labeled wrong the law of averages it is going to happen not just when.

You got to stand behind what you sell.

S_a_H

lordbudly

Veteran
bought them from seed boutique. which is who i have been e-mailing. the listing was on gypsy nirvana's website. as a retailer, are you not supposed to support what you sell? it's not good business to just blow off a customer. so i will complain all i want and there is nothing you can do about it.

now i wonder why they would be busy with a world full of people like this? :laughing:

lordbudly

Veteran
if i put up the description i take a plant called zips, a haze crossed to an afghan x afghan x afghan x afghan, and crossed it with deepchunk, come try this pure sativa, would you believe me?

i do kind of still stand behind this... yes there are mishaps, same thing with dutch passion

https://www.seedboutique.com/store/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=85&products_id=1922

https://www.seedboutique.com/store/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=85&products_id=1920

same thing is with these though, yet, no one really freaked out at gypsy then? they just said dutch passion sucks and they are liars, why cant people do this with short rider? nirvana is probably about as trustworthy as dutch passion :2cents: and a sure thing is people took the time to realize the difference between an awesome dude who gave us all a forum to discuss stuff and some people who barely even breed, just f2 others work

lordbudly

Veteran
alright then mr hero go save the day and ask gypsy to go change the shortrider description because no one has really grown her yet as its still a new hybrid, reports still to come and complaints still to be filed, while your at it go fix tundra and taiga, heck while your at it why dont you fix the whole site to fix flower times/ yields per m2? even though its a free forum provided by gypsy to do almost whatever we want, follow the TOU of course, i leave you to wallow, in your "self" :violin::drum:

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i tried filling out a review. the website wouldn't let me. normally before you sell a product it has been tested rigorously so you know it won't blow ass and make you look foolish. so get off your high horse and let me get you a box of tissue for saying mean things about your hero.

lordbudly

Veteran
the point is, they arent professional breeders, dutch passion barely make that standard, real breeders are mr nice, tom hill, ace, etc... anyways.... why are you so worked up over 25 bucks or so any how? two boxes please

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
you may have not read this. i don't know?

Do you not understand that every single seed reseller on the Internet adds the description given to them by the Seed Co ? Word for word, accross hundreds of sites, if you have a problem, speak to the origin, trying to blame someone for not having tried out every strain they sell is daft. Trying to insult Gypsy on a site he pays to run, where pretty much everybody knows he is one of the few straight, standup people around is just proper stupid. Think about it.

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
alright then mr hero go save the day and ask gypsy to go change the shortrider description because no one has really grown her yet as its still a new hybrid, reports still to come and complaints still to be filed, while your at it go fix tundra and taiga, heck while your at it why dont you fix the whole site to fix flower times/ yields per m2? even though its a free forum provided by gypsy to do almost whatever we want, follow the TOU of course, i leave you to wallow, in your "self" :violin::drum:

I sent a PM to Gypsy asking for clarification on this and asked if he wanted to send me a couple packs for a test grow but he is out of reach at the moment.

S_a_H

Buddle

Veteran
When a company says a strain is finished in 44 days..you ought to know somethings up anyway.Rudelaris is a good indication it'll be weak too.Just my opinion.
Nirvana has some great beans and I LOVE their seedbanks.Know what you're buying though..peace

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah.....I don't make these shortrider beans they come from Nirvana BV a Dutch company that does not belong to me.....I suggest that you contact them in regards to what they sell since they would know the actual breeder and you could/might possibly get some feedback from him/her......?

sad to hear of any problems with this variety, we recently took it into stock at the Boo......and if we continue to have negative reports about it we will take it off the stock-list and return what we have left to Nirvana BV.....

It is not possible for me to be able to grow out every variety that I end up vending, mostly I have to trust the breeders/seedmakers descriptions on a certain strain/variety......and occasionally they don't quite match up....ICMAG is a good resource for me to be able to determine what is good and what is not from all breeders.........and if it is proven that the descriptions dont match up to the actual plants grown then I am more than happy to remove whatever variety from stock after having complaints that can be seen to be verified...

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what really had me most angered was they were supposed to be female and i had to kill three males last week. which is also a pretty sorry ratio if there mistakenly regular seeds.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
After some consideration I have decided to pull the Shortrider from the Boo stock and return the packs we have to Nirvana BV.....if it is true what you say and you are having males appear in feminised seeds then this is not a variety that we shall be stocking now or into the future......Shortrider has been pulled from stock...

....SmokeyTheBear please PM me and I will credit you with something else.......oh and thanks for the heads up...

....and I will be getting a trusted independent grower to double check to see if these problems persist in this seedlot....

Last edited:

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
After some consideration I have decided to pull the Shortrider from the Boo stock and return the packs we have to Nirvana BV.....if it is true what you say and you are having males appear in feminised seeds then this is not a variety that we shall be stocking now or into the future......Shortrider has been pulled from stock...

....SmokeyTheBear please PM me and I will credit you with something else.......oh and thanks for the heads up...

....and I will be getting a trusted independent grower to double check to see if these problems persist in this seedlot....

Thanks man for working on this........

S_a_H

B

BudBag

If only I could get the joint doctor to help me out with my bunk seeds... I know where my next order will come from heh

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
Ook oOOk OOOOK everyone. Last night I harvested 2 of my short ryders. THEY ARE NOT AUTO FLOWERING! They grew like any indica Dom girl.. They grow small an compact they can get bushy. The resin count is very low not much coverage here and it wasnt on my part since my other strains are covered in resin(Triesel from ANNAC). The yeild was kinda low nothing too special. The bud is leafy.. The smell is weak but nice, its a fruity loops smell. All in all this strain is SHIT.. Its the worst strain Ive grown from NIRVANA and ive done PPP and Snow White.. Heres a picture or 2 goto my thread for all pictures.. Hope you all enjoy this review any more Q's please ask and leave me rep. PEACE

Edit: I orderd my seeds thru Nirvana directly NOT THRU GYPSY, I have ordered many many strains from him and will always. Its always proffesionally shipped and Ive got some really nice genetics thru him..

picture.php

picture.php

Goto my thread for closer pics... :rasta:

Last edited:
S

Short Ryder

are you all daft!?! ive been growing my short riders for 68 days now they are 2-3 weeks from harvest anyone who says they arn't auto flowers really needs to reassess their growing because from 26-28 days they all flowered on 24 hour light cycle they are one of the longest auto flowering starins out there im sure i could still leave them for another 4-5 weeks but im not about to risk a hermi outbreak they need special care from other auto flowering strains very dependant on the size of the containers there in my tallest is almost 3ft and packing on hard if put into a special box with 2+ft for root room on each plants these would yeild an oz without a worry and if you would like to state a fact make sure that your average temp is above 75F becauze these little shits hate the cold, i will upload some pics to you guys.. and for the record i would like to say i HAVE NOT used anything except love and water my next run will consist of a specialized box sepcifically for the strain and fertilizer seeing as had i even used a tiny bit of fert near the beggning they would be pumping a hell of alot more then what they already are the strain depending on the seed is either 50/50 indica to sative of 30/70 indica to sativa seeing as they still had a huge strech in flowering

Last edited: