What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Short Rider from Nirvana

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
anybody have any updates on their short rider? i have 5 germing now. i ordered them so i could have a low profile grow right behind my house.

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
My short ryders have been outside for awhile now and no flowering yet.. One day one day.. Check my thread for pics, actual days.. Mind you the weather has been SHIT all May and June..

If this is a stable auto flowerer it would make room for some breed project cus of it having a diffrent gene pool to lowryder!

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
picture.php

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
my short riders are haven't really impressed me much since they went outside. i don't think i'll consider buying them again. i'll post a picture later on today.

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
My short ryder is starting to flower now... We shall see what it turns out like.. Ive definetly got a few different phenos... :rasta:

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here are the pics. 1st pic is before the transplant today. 2nd and 3rd are in the spot behind my home. direct sunlight from sunrise to sunset. we'll sell how they turn out. they don't seem to be growing to fast. although they were root bound so the roots were definitely growing. i know they are supposed to be short but i didn't think they were stay 6-8 inches at 1 month old. anyways.....here they are. be the judge yourselves.

before

after

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here is an update with the short rider. they are definitely not auto flowering because they should have been flowering by now. they were getting too tall for where i had them so i had to start training them. they all look pretty good. wish they would start flowering soon though.

You should have gotten the bluestreak seeds by mdanzig.I thought about trying the dutch passion "TAIGA" which is a powerplant auto.PLEASE DO A TAIGA GROW NEXT!!!!!!!!

Where can you get easy ryder seeds? Do they ship 2 US? I wanna try easy ryder or taiga, I have master low right now. Does anyone know what Mdanzig suggests you run your lighting for the master low strain?

lowrdr

i think mdanzig recommends 20/4.

can i ask why you are recommending taiga?? from all the reports ive heard it is NOT an autoflower, same applies for the tundra

marijuana

can i ask why you are recommending taiga?? from all the reports ive heard it is NOT an autoflower, same applies for the tundra

yea for real, they're not AF, you have force them into flowering. although i wish they were, interesting genetics, cant think of any AF with some power plant in it :chin: it would make for a good stabilized AF cross, good yield and strong plant.

the description of the strain from the seed bank is pretty weak, i thought it was funny how its in the third person: "Taiga does not ask for a special fertilizing regime...Taiga loves a place in the sun." haha :bandit:

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i started these in early june. i thought i would have some bud by the end of august. turns out these plants are not even close to being auto flowering. i haven't even seen hairs on them yet. such bullshit. they are right out in the open so i keep have to training them. it's annoying as can be. at least they are all feminized so i'm not wasting my time and energy.

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For anyone thinking Short Rider. please don't waste your hard earned money on Nirvana's Feminized Short Rider. these seeds were the worst investment of mine in the past 7 years. so far i had to kill 5 because they got too big for my garden and out of the other 5. i've had to kill three so far because they were males. the other two still have yet to show sex. People at gypsy's seed boutique won't even bother returning my e-mails. what a scam.

lordbudly

Veteran
For anyone thinking Short Rider. please don't waste your hard earned money on Gypsy Nirvana's Feminized Short Rider. these seeds were the worst investment of mine in the past 7 years. so far i had to kill 5 because they got too big for my garden and out of the other 5. i've had to kill three so far because they were males. the other two still have yet to show sex. People at gypsy won't even bother returning my e-mails. what a scam.

One. Gypsy Nirvana owns icmag, seedboutique, seedbay, and the seed company "The GN Collection" you are calling the owner of this site, a great man who paid for this site for many years out of his own pocket (until generous members had donated seeds for the auction on seedbay) a scammer? then why are you here?

Two. Gyspy Nirvana is an outlet retailer, he buys large quantities of seeds, and sells them for us, taking a huge risk

Three. He did not, and does not, make these seeds, or own Nirvana Seeds Company, so do not blatantly out of ignorance blame gypsy when all he does is risk HIMSELF, so YOU can break the law growing an illegal plant, if you have such a problem with them calling it an autoflower, TAKE IT UP WITH NIRVANA!! www.nirvana-shop.com, and if you read the description it is an fast indoor hybrid x an early plant, Top 44 and Early Special. neither of them are even autoflowering! if i put up the description i take a plant called zips, a haze crossed to an afghan x afghan x afghan x afghan, and crossed it with deepchunk, come try this pure sativa, would you believe me?

btw if you want to try something actually by gypsy heres a link to what he offers FIXED https://www.seedboutique.com/store/index.php?manufacturers_id=25

Last edited: