What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Shiva Grows

shiva82

Some people trim their plants to look like this in some kind of photosynthetic thievery prevention scheme..

View attachment 18990280

I'm not saying they're wrong, just saying I'm not gonna do it. :D
just clean and tidy . it wont help nor hinder much. maybe some stress. those areas he may have had high humidity that can cause spores to build ? every scenario is different

that is overkill , but who knows . he may of trained them in veg like that , or had issues. who knowx

goingrey

Yeah high humidity would be a more valid reason to do it, like some guy here who was growing in a swamp and had plants that looked like treehuts. I could see it being a useful method in a situation like that.

shiva82

i don't go crazy lol. i just take my clones, tidy it up and prune in veg to shape the plant for my light set up . i remove any over lapping leaves , and the smaller branches can dominate those areas instead of a couple of overlapping leaves trapping water or whatever . many factors man . ,,, in veg ... never in flower . in flower, i just remove bad leaves . i snap my leaves off backwards too . nothing is standardised when growing multiple strains and variety

Attachments

• IMG_1363.JPG
    IMG_1363.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1364.JPG
    IMG_1364.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1365.JPG
    IMG_1365.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 7

shiva82

Lively set!

going on next . then off to the farm. shitloads to do . probably tend tl the fruit trees . that field is flooded , and the drainage is terrible. huge slabs of rocks with coal and all kinds. it will be nutrient rich , but the sediment is far too fine and like concrete . needs rotating over and heavy duty work. which we are not doing . i will be using a knife on plastic pots to make colars for the trunks , filled with stone , so i can mound up soil without touching the bark . get some extra soil mass of improved quality and drainage in mounds , with the drainage will be an improvement . once the field dries out during summer, it is fine.

shiva82

we are planning to dig up the wild berries that grow well near to the swamp, and use those as companions,,, although we would have to control those too . and a few water loving trees . start competing using nature

shiva82

need to lime the fruit tree field too . i have 50 kg of dolomite to break up. it has formed into a solid block lol

zaprjaques

Nice bike man! It's set up commuter but the frame and fork are proper road bike stuff. I believe it has Reynolds 531 tubing. A streetfighter bike. :D
damn didnt know you're into bikes like that.
i have absolutely no idea.
i'm really satisfied with it though, fell in love immediately, cant wait to ride to work and back home on monday!

goingrey

A couple of CBDenergy plants were touching each other and sweating because of that so I wiped the leaf dry and I swear the dew smells just like pineapple juice. 🍍

Maybe I should take a cutting from that plant. :unsure: But which one is it from the leaf that was on top or the one that was on the bottom. :D