What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Shishka's fresh start

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Plants looking a lot better since I reduced the lighting. I'm thinking I can still at least get clones off this round. Since that is what I was gonna do anyway. I still have to cull the males and deal with the variation of the females, So I knew I would not get a full canopy this first run up. If I can salvage at least some decent cuts of each female roid rage, I'll pretty much still be on time for my rotation. Here they are compared to 1 week ago.

picture.php

So ever since learning about the photoinhibition thing I have been asking everyone if they had any seeds they saved or anything. I was able to get some "cookies" bagseeds from one guy, some "jungle og" bagseeds from another guy and some "platinum" bagseeds from a 3rd dude. The platinum came with a bud sample so I asked about where it came from. I basically found out it comes from the same guys and he has 3 versions, platinum cookies, purple platinum and just platinum.

picture.php

The bud

P

pongster

nice bro!!!
what is the distance between the lights and your plants?
is it all you did for improvement? it seems magic happened there,
cheers!!!
:rasta:

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
nice bro!!!
what is the distance between the lights and your plants?
is it all you did for improvement? it seems magic happened there,
cheers!!!

Right now, about 18 inches away.

All I did was lower the light intensity by putting them back under the t5's. The mh at 50 percent, 5 feet away was too much for these little ones. I think 2-3 more weeks like this and they will be the right size.

I started germinating a bunch of vegetables and some more bagseeds today too...

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
picture.php

They finally got the container saturated now...since they are actually growing.

Got some veggies going too...

picture.php

picture.php

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Now I'm in this weird spot where I feel like they want more light, I put a from my propagation closet in the 4x4 with the 2 x 22w t5s. So it's a little bit more than before.

Now I'm all scared to turn on the real light, lol. I figure I'll give it a week or so and see if they like small change.

They deffo almost ready to go back under the veg light tho, I think...

picture.php

My carolina reapers to germinated too. I was worried about these because I harvested and dried the seeds out myself, but they seem to be good to go; even better than the store bought pepper seeds...

picture.php

P

pongster

Now I'm all scared to turn on the real light, lol. I figure I'll give it a week or so and see if they like small change.

They deffo almost ready to go back under the veg light tho, I think...

hey bro, nice!!!!
maybe if you are afraid of burning, you can put a white netting over the plants, like the ones they use for yards to give some shade. they are very cheap and sold by the meter.

cheers bro, awesome to see the plants happy again, and you of course,

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Got some more seed growing...

This time I'll try not to kill them

picture.php

I figured they having more vegetation in the room should help the humidity, so I dropped a tray of veggies for some practice...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I'm liking the green pads in the dome so far...

mtntrogger

Veteran
So...

Right before I went downstairs told my wife to go in the back room and lock the door. She had enough foresight to grab the ashtray and anything else that looked funny to take with her.

We get to my door and I tell the white shirt to let me make sure my wife is dressed. He comes in and is looking all around trying to find anything he can to get an arrest. He takes a look at the window and says he has to notify robbery squad and they will be right back.

At this point I check on the mrs and she asked for her phone (shes still in the back room with the stuff; behind a locked door). A few minutes later the same 2 blue and whites I first made contact with come up and look around. These guys weren't as hungry to find anything and were legitimately checking out the window.

They finished up, gave me the paperwork to show my landlord and let me know a robbery detective is on the way. A few minutes later I get a knock on the door and it's the same 2 guys plus a male and female detective pair.

The dude was ok but the female detective was worse than than the sergeant. As soon as they all get in she asks "who else is here"? I'm like, "my wife".

They looked at the window asked about what I heard yada yada yada, then they ask for my Id, so I gave it to them. He then asks, what's my wife's name and dob, to which I stumble so he goes, "how about we take a look at her to make sure shes alright". I'm like "shes good". He let's me know they gotta at least see her to know shes ok, just tell her to poke her head out the door. Then the female says, " I can go in there to check her since I'm a girl.

I got the phone and texted her what was up and she comes out of a pitch dark room with the most squinty eyes, as if she had just been sleeping. She comes out gets her Id and give it to the detective.

During this time I was sweating bullets. Im just seeing the worst scenario of one of the 2 original cops just opening the back room while Im dealing with the detectives up front.

For the record my wife is a G, and when the pressure is on she really shines...so we tag team these cops in the living room until they ready to leave, when they let me know that crime scene will be coming back to take a picture of the window. So we ain't outta dodge just yet.

After about 30 minutes or so I can hear some footsteps coming up the stairs, I go to the peep hole and see the crime scene lady was having trouble the the amount of stairs and figured she was gonna be easy. She was.

So now I gotta figure out why my window got shot. It really makes no sense. I haven't had bud since I moved here so its impossible that anyone figured it out. I only had 1 small issue with the local weed guy when he left me waiting until the next day, with my money in his pocket, but that has since been squashed. Other than that its absolutely just a random stray bullet.

It feels weird typing "JUST a random stray bullet" but it is what it is.

Moral of the story,
When u growing the sticky icky you cant let the po pos into ur crib for any reason. They will try to lock you up, even if you are a victim

This shit is CRAY! My palms where sweating just reading the story.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Just hit then with some plant jitsu. Snapping arms and bending backs. Got a strong strawberry smell from #10. I'm pretty sure it was number 10. That one I gotta keep even if it's a male...

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Took clones tonight. Threw them in the aero cloner.

Some serious good smells from when I cut them. I think I smelled coffee from #7. #2 was really dank and sweet strawberries from #5.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
About a week in the cloner and #7 is still the most vigorous of them all

100% the fastest and biggest growing of the roid rages

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
You are seriously rocking it my brother. Props.

Thanks man...
Its my first time flowering in over 3 years. I'm just glad to actually have a girl with some clones of her in the cloner.

If I can confirm a few more females, I can start planning how I'm really gonna do this...

G

Bro you can pop beans and veg them under a 1k hps if you have to I'm not sure why this trepidation when it comes to putting them under your MH.
I wouldn't bother with those little seedling tray/cells or even solo cups, too much messing them about with transplanting. Get some small pots. They are good in these for 4+ weeks. When I plant beans into these I only fill them 2/3 of the way and after a week or 2 I fill them the rest to support the stems of the stretching seedlings.
I use a coco A+B nutes. Watered in .4EC and then I dont water the seedlings are until they begin to dry. I water the whole pot, not just around the root zone, every time. And full strength 1.2EC for all stages.
Keep a male or 2 around and make a fuck load of seeds, that way you can pop a heap and get a full run on the first round without having to completely rely on topping for canopy and waiting on clones.
I'll be watching and my grow is in my sig. 👍

4 week veg potted up
picture.php

4 week runts I held back
picture.php

I use these 2 small pot sizes from the git
picture.php

picture.php

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Yep, 1,5,6 and 10 were males and 10 was the one I l I liked due to its smell, so I'll collect some pollen from that one and keep a clone around...

Still only #8 with an actual hair but I'm pretty sure the rest are females...

I'm gonna have to plant some of these clones pretty soon tho, got roots tryna reach down to the water...

About half of them are moving quite a bit slower tho, I'm pretty sure it's them being too close to the light and not having enough roots to do photosynthesis at a fast rate. All the higher numbered clones seemed to not even yellow up and had way less magnesium deficiency. I just backed it off a few more inches and centered it over the cloner.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Planted and watered roid rage #8 with azos and mycos today and the #10 strawberry male yesterday with nothing...

I see quite a bit of purple on the petioles on just about all the clones so I mixed up a batch of nutes mag/sulfur at 400ppm and gave it to the #8 clones to see if they green up...

picture.php

Still got #2 and #3 in the cloner but #3 doesn't look like its gonna make it to a solo cup, so it seems like 4 female roid rages to pick from.

I planted #7 and #9 clones on the 19th with nothing and they are already almost finished with all the water in the solo cup...

picture.php

Thinned out and transplanted the best of each of the veggies since I needed room for the clones and in running out if space under the t5s.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Started a few space queen and critical ghost seeds last week too. So far so good.