What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Shishka's fresh start

nickman

Veteran
Looking good there Shishkaboy ...!!!...

I wonder why DarkHorse doesn’t want to let anyone know the genetics of that cookies cross...
I guess they don’t want no one copying their cross...!!!...

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Looking good there Shishkaboy ...!!!...

I wonder why DarkHorse doesn’t want to let anyone know the genetics of that cookies cross...
I guess they don’t want no one copying their cross...!!!...

It's not like its prolly that difficult to figure out based on the description and looking at the other plants they use, but it really doesn't even matter at this point. I would really only be intrested in knowing if the cookie was revered to hit a clone or if a clone was revered to bit a cookie....and of course which cookie cut was used.

I waited an hour so after putting them under the knew light to check up on them and they looked happy happy. I was reading over this thread and remembered the old trusty mh conversion bulb, swapped that out during the dark period and am now waiting for the " next morning" to see what 1 day looks like. I really dont wanna say this out loud but, I feel like I have it pretty much under control now.

Pretty sure it was the medium not drying out.

The cheap brick coco has to be used more like soil due to the coco peat? that holds so much water. I realized it when I soaked a brick, broke it all up and drained it. By just leaving it there for extended time the top layer was able to dry and I could see the really dense lower layers hold water forever. I went back through some coco threads and saw it .mentioned.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Ended up topping them

picture.php

They are really starting to go through feedings, like 2 feeding per day now...time to pot them up.

I gotta get some coco asap.

One of them seems to be pretty water logged and sodden. Gonna more that one back to the weaker light with the tegridys.

Also found out the genetics of the tegridy cookies, but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to know yet...

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Bumped up the food to 750 today. I can see some yellowing on the bottom most leaves and the calcium deficiency is starting to progress a little. I think one of the tegridy cookies has some tricks on it already as a seedling but I might be premature on that one.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Just after transplanting

picture.php

The next day

picture.php

Sweetarts didnt like being moved

picture.php

I panicked and was thinking all my plants were gonna die again. But it seems to be like the others are still growing...

I'm tryna work out these npk levels but these plants just keep wanting more and more...

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Not really sure what happened to that one, but it didnt make it.

picture.php

Starting to get some stem rubs and they all smell pretty similar. It's that classic purple aroma mostly but it does have some other sweet citrus flavors added.

picture.php

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Closed the door on the propagation closet for a few minutes and when I opened it I got a strong citrus cleaner type smell...has to be the tegridy cookies.

Rearranged the tents to try to make some room to transplant and mix nutes and stuff.

Trying to keep proper ec and moisture level just after transplanting is gonna be my biggest problem right now.

I haven't gave them anything since the transplant so today they got a little spritz of 200 ppm cal mag just to keep the roots wet.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
My boy found 2 seeds in a runtz package and one of them popped.

He doesn't think he'll be able to keep them so hopefully I get to show some runtz bagseed.

Today I noticed most of the pots were a little lighter than normal on the morning, so i watered the pots with about twice as much as normal, but this time focusing more on the outer rim of the container, where the coco is still dry.

In tryna get the roots to spread out now.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Turns out, have been killing g my plants by keeping the lights too close. These will never be healthy.

This shit is a real bummer. I just dont see how I could still be making the same basic mistakes. I guess I underestimated the power of a t5.

Back to square 1.

P

pongster

hello there bro, hope you are well...
mind me putting two cents into the pond?
from what i can see, i guess your coco is not evenly moist (maybe it's the picture)... i see old growth going well, but new growth going not that well... one of my cents is that new roots are reaching the dry coco and drying, therefore new growth looks stunted.

second cent is you might get some dishes below the pots and increase your watering and allowing the whole pot to be moist and get proper runoff... hand watering IS a waste of nutes, but they sure need it. i dont think at this stage your plants would need more than 1 watering per day. but that's just my two cents...

wishing you the best and tagging along,
cheers
:rasta:

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
hello there bro, hope you are well...
mind me putting two cents into the pond?
from what i can see, i guess your coco is not evenly moist (maybe it's the picture)... i see old growth going well, but new growth going not that well... one of my cents is that new roots are reaching the dry coco and drying, therefore new growth looks stunted.

second cent is you might get some dishes below the pots and increase your watering and allowing the whole pot to be moist and get proper runoff... hand watering IS a waste of nutes, but they sure need it. i dont think at this stage your plants would need more than 1 watering per day. but that's just my two cents...

wishing you the best and tagging along,
cheers
:rasta:

Thanks bro, I appreciate the advise.

I know it's hard to see in the pics but these plants are way too small for the pot. I feel like I was getting good growth rootwise, but I always felt like they were a little too small and slow growing...

Whatever the problem is, it started a long time ago...

What I did wrong was put the t5 way too close to my seedlings. Which had them cowering from the light. Growing small leaves. After about a month of that I go and pit them under a 600 set to 50%( in order to get more rapid growth I thought I needed more light).

Presently, I am seeing that a t5 is more than enough lighting for up to 50 seedlings and putting 2 t5s inches away from 10 seedlings is a quick way to mess everything up.

I feel like if I would have gotten off to a proper start, I would have a plant big enough for a 1.5 gallon where I could soak the whole container and have it dried up in a day. With the way I destroyed these they would stay wet for too long and deffo be overwatered...

I just got some bagseeds from some cookies off a buddy and o e has cracked open already, so we gonna find out together.

One things is for sure, I ain't giving up now. I'm way too deep in.

This all makes me wonder, how was I even harvesting anything back when I was over lighting, overwatering, overfeeding and had bugs. But now when I'm trying to watch out for those I get dead plants in veg.

I think that the light and the nutes are directly proportional, where the more light u have the more food the plant will need. I know I used to get runoff ppms in the 1000's, and was over lighting by at least 2x.

Maybe that's what was keeping me afloat before?

But I'll tell ya trying to get everything perfect from the beginning is not that easy...

Gotta stay down, til I come up...

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Crazy shit, this happened last night.

I'm asleep with the mrs and we hear 2 gun shots and some glass break. I was pretty deep asleep but the wife was a little more alert. She says to me "somebody just shot our glass". I look at her like shes crazy and said "huh". She repeated "somebody just shot our glass". So I get up and start going towards to window and she quickly stops me like "dont go over there". At this point I realized how serious this was.

We eventually start checking g all the windows and sure enough the bathroom window had a bullet hole in it.

A few minutes later i see the police lights outside and go down to see what all was happening. The 2 officers were surveying the area around my building and I asked one of them what happened and that I heard 2 shots and one came through my window.

The white shirt pulls up as we are talking wants to come inside to see the window...

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
So...

Right before I went downstairs told my wife to go in the back room and lock the door. She had enough foresight to grab the ashtray and anything else that looked funny to take with her.

We get to my door and I tell the white shirt to let me make sure my wife is dressed. He comes in and is looking all around trying to find anything he can to get an arrest. He takes a look at the window and says he has to notify robbery squad and they will be right back.

At this point I check on the mrs and she asked for her phone (shes still in the back room with the stuff; behind a locked door). A few minutes later the same 2 blue and whites I first made contact with come up and look around. These guys weren't as hungry to find anything and were legitimately checking out the window.

They finished up, gave me the paperwork to show my landlord and let me know a robbery detective is on the way. A few minutes later I get a knock on the door and it's the same 2 guys plus a male and female detective pair.

The dude was ok but the female detective was worse than than the sergeant. As soon as they all get in she asks "who else is here"? I'm like, "my wife".

They looked at the window asked about what I heard yada yada yada, then they ask for my Id, so I gave it to them. He then asks, what's my wife's name and dob, to which I stumble so he goes, "how about we take a look at her to make sure shes alright". I'm like "shes good". He let's me know they gotta at least see her to know shes ok, just tell her to poke her head out the door. Then the female says, " I can go in there to check her since I'm a girl.

I got the phone and texted her what was up and she comes out of a pitch dark room with the most squinty eyes, as if she had just been sleeping. She comes out gets her Id and give it to the detective.

During this time I was sweating bullets. Im just seeing the worst scenario of one of the 2 original cops just opening the back room while Im dealing with the detectives up front.

For the record my wife is a G, and when the pressure is on she really shines...so we tag team these cops in the living room until they ready to leave, when they let me know that crime scene will be coming back to take a picture of the window. So we ain't outta dodge just yet.

After about 30 minutes or so I can hear some footsteps coming up the stairs, I go to the peep hole and see the crime scene lady was having trouble the the amount of stairs and figured she was gonna be easy. She was.

So now I gotta figure out why my window got shot. It really makes no sense. I haven't had bud since I moved here so its impossible that anyone figured it out. I only had 1 small issue with the local weed guy when he left me waiting until the next day, with my money in his pocket, but that has since been squashed. Other than that its absolutely just a random stray bullet.

It feels weird typing "JUST a random stray bullet" but it is what it is.

Moral of the story,
When u growing the sticky icky you cant let the po pos into ur crib for any reason. They will try to lock you up, even if you are a victim