What's new

She said no, I was like....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbonez

Veteran
The muffin fan beneath the stacked bulbs should be put on the LOWEST setting to create that gentle "column of air" to assist the exhaust/scrubber combo with air exchange twice per min or else all heat not sucked out gets blasted back through the grow area and has to be dealt with in other ways as in a/c and power draw ......

I thought about this and Im hoping my thinking was in line with this initially. One of the benefits of the 150 filter is that it brings the cfm rating as tested to 900 true cfms, based on the surface area of the filter and 10" max fans rating with its sheer pulling capacity and maybe another 100cfms is lost in the short run of ducting, its only about 8 ft to the return in the vaulted ceiling of the living room. The actual rating drops to like 700cfms with a can 100, which may have been fine, not sure so I went a little bigger.. One thing Ive noticed with fans blowing up in a lotta grows is that they dont have a direct source "typically" in which the coolest air residing at the lowest point in the room is drawn from and Im hoping in isolating the fans intake point to the coldest air that is for the most part segregated from the heat, I will never have temp issues, not even dead of summer.. Just from experience I know that extreme air exchange is the way to go, viewing air as a fluid, its easy to picture scenarios in which it would or wouldnt be enough.. At 2400 btu's of heat per 600w bulb, and the rate of exchange provided by the largest filter in the game positioned and centered directly above the grow, shit, Id like to think that even tho Ive yet to fire it up, that the math is overwhelmingly in my favor.. That filter should handle any heat the modded box fans throw at it, even on an automatic variable controller.. Another factor that seriously affects the cfm requirement is intake temp. I keep temp set at 72f in the house to get the 78f where it counts and thats any home Ive grown in... Id be willing to bet 2 1ks wouldnt be an issue, hmmm................

Jbonez

Veteran
meh, Im running into some "minor" engineering flaws, been working a way to support the side beams since I left myself no room to get the screws into the conduit.... fuckin delay after another..... here is where this beast sits, tho orca is not tight in place, so itill look a little cleaner when Im finished, DHF you said to box that light in, well homie, thats what Im doin.... Keep in mind these are gonna be monocropped 2-3 foot plants in planters in a circle, no topping. no bushes... By my calculations im at around 75w per sq ft..
picture.php

Jbonez

Veteran
OK, so I just need to wrap my removable panels in Orca and its game time..

Fixing a few deficiencies in veg atm, bit of a delay, but thats what you get when dudes give you full grown plants...
picture.php

picture.php

This will box in the light effectively giving the light no where to go, but on foliage...

Jbonez

Veteran
Looks like fun!

Room for one more?

Actually no, but you had a seat reserved ahead of time, so what took you so long! lol..

Glad to have ya brotha!

subbed man...looking good so far!

Hopefully it stays that way lol... Problem is Im not monocroppin yet, so its a mix, and hopefully the numbers will be where I want them, sure 3 is lofty number, but I know how to keep transpiration maxed, in effect, they grow non stop till the chop.. Thanks for swinging through, glad to have ya!

DrFever

Veteran
it is really coming together by chance you got wifey doing this cause it appears your on here all the time lol

Grizz

Veteran
are you going to put screens up around the walls or just run plants natural ??

Jbonez

Veteran
are you going to put screens up around the walls or just run plants natural ??

Ya know, I was thinking about running some sort of trellis around it, but honestly, I think Im gonna stake the shit out of em and tie em off to themselves, should work out fine, another idea I had was to run a small chicken fence round the fans at the base that is as tall as the orca film..

it is really coming together by chance you got wifey doing this cause it appears your on here all the time lol
lol... She isnt allowed anywhere near the grow.. Im always on, my pc never shuts off usually, I only log out when I log off my network.

That is a sick pair of tubes light bouncing everywhere what size lights are you running

Yeah, Light should be the last of my worries lol.. oops, dual six's..

G

GOOROO

how do you pronounce you sn? I just realized in my ocd I caught myself repearing your name over and over....j booonnne z jaboneeeeez ja bonezz jab oneeezzzz. jabonez.....???
haha how do you say it?

Mister_D

Veteran
Ended up modding out the ro, essentially modifying the faucet, removing the membrane/DI and added a .6 micron carbon block.. The sequence is now sediment filter, 5 micron carbon, .06 micron carbon.. Going with H3ads coco formula and wanted the benefit of tap, ppms are only 150, plus I wont have to bubble my water before the bennies....
View Image

So your going to use tap for the plants and RO for the bennies? That probably should be obvious, but insomnia combined with jack herer oil dabs and..........

Jbonez

Veteran
So your going to use tap for the plants and RO for the bennies? That probably should be obvious, but insomnia combined with jack herer oil dabs and..........

nah, just dechlorinated tap for everything, in FL, so I wanna capitalize on the calcium in the supply..

Mister_D

Veteran
Makes perfect sense to me. I have alot of calcium in my water already, so I use it. Never could understand why people pay to remove minerals so they can pay to add them back. I get it if the water is shit, but that isn't the case for 95% of people using RO. Oh well some people never learn......... Curious though, if you're not going to use it, whats the point in hooking up the RO in the first place?

Jbonez

Veteran
Makes perfect sense to me. I have alot of calcium in my water already, so I use it. Never could understand why people pay to remove minerals so they can pay to add them back. I get it if the water is shit, but that isn't the case for 95% of people using RO. Oh well some people never learn......... Curious though, if you're not going to use it, whats the point in hooking up the RO in the first place?

I just like the ability to remove chlorine without waiting for it to offgas. Nothing more, lol....

I dont know, I may hook up the RO and play with the nutes, h3ads coco nutes, plus a gram of mag sulfate, Only thing is, my tap is a pretty high ph, and nutes dont even bring it down to where I would like it, so Im actually using ph down for the fist time in years....

Status
Not open for further replies.