What's new

Share Your 2022 Guerilla Plans, Strains and Tips.

laszlokovacs

Took everyone's advice and decided to cage my plants a few days ago. Both types of cages are 2ft tall. I have 3 cages in one spot where i had dug some small holes and filled with a mix of native soil and cheap garden soil on sale at the end of the season last fall. Direct sowed these three seeds with the smallest being direct sowed may 1st. Mostly freebie autos- a barneys farm purple punch auto and a fastbuds purple haze with the smallest being a red strawberry banana auto by sweet seeds. In other words really nothing too interesting and wont be sad if i get nothing out of them. Watered them with general purpose miracle grow after a dry week-10 days although soil in woods is still moist/soft/crumbly. Topdressed with gardentone and a tiny bit of some cheap compost and then covered with some hay from last year. Before this they all had sprouted under 1 liter soda bottles i was using as mini-cloches to help germinate and protect them. Both seemed to have just started to emerge April 29 so they spent 2 weeks or so under bottles-probably not ideal.

Heres the purple haze-
IMG_3734.JPG

Purple punch-
IMG_3735.JPG

Smallest/youngest one- Red strawberry Banana sowed may 1st pic taken may 13-
IMG_3733.jpg

Oh and heres the last one that might belong in the ugliest plant ever thread. Might give you actual growers a laugh. Put this cherry dragon out second week of april when temperatures where in the high 20s/30s at night for a few weeks- I had previously 12/12ed her to show sex, topped/tried to clone, then attempted to reveg her about a month before i just stuck it in the ground somewhere random without hardening off. Put her under a 2L bottle w the cap off where she has lived in until this weekend when i caged her with this harwardware cloth i was lucky enough to find for free last week. Also watered with Miracle-Grow and amended soil w gardentone+compost then straw-type mulch. These seeds were also freebies and she probably suffered a ton under that bottle for about a month but she survived and new growth has serrated leaves and likely she will be ok although probably already stunted.
IMG_3720.JPG

IMG_3717.JPG

Another update- 1 week later of my various 7east genetics seedlings. 10 plants, 5 strains, 5oz containers all in 1 sq ft. Yeah theyre not too happy or too healthy and im a bit of a buffoon so theyll have to manage. Started under 20/4, now under 18/6. I decidedly do not want to flip to flower to determine sex as I understand that will slow things down and make transplanting outside less smooth. Will lowering light time to something like 14/10 help show sex/preflowers sooner without causing issues going outside?
IMG_2728.JPG

dirty-joe

Old seed, some 3, some 4 years old. and out of 2 batches some 80 seeds this is all I got. There were quite a few more sprouts from the 3 YO, but they didn't look "nice, and white", so I trashed the dirty looking ones.
I got a total of one normal plant, and 4-5 more that look like they might actually "snap out of it".
IMG_3221.JPG
IMG_3222.JPG

dirty-joe

4 weeks (day 28) today, and pretty much hardened off, been outdoors last two days (and night) in a row. Was about 10C last night, and cool today.
The bigger ones 8-9 inches high, and a foot wide. Far left is quite a bit shorter at only 5".
IMG_3223.JPG

IMG_3226.JPG

I expect they will be in their forever homes, in a week (maybe 8-9 days), some in those 10 gallon recycle containers, and some in car tires on the ground so their roots can go as they please. The larger size is more than 10 gallons, or it will be when I finish filling it. Hoping that these will need a lot less watering.
IMG_3227.JPG

Last edited:

laszlokovacs

That soil with all those hardwood leaves around looks good.
Yeah, that is one UGLY plant...but wait, I'll show you a couple of mine, haha
Thanks man! still unsure of what to expect growing outdoors so good to know im somewhat on the right track still. Shes hideous for sure, I think she looked even worse a few weeks earlier, all the brown dead leaves were bleached white and I think the ground was too cold+dry for proper nutrient uptake.
This one needs Nitrogen asap.
I watered 1.5 gal w MGro and then added organic granular ferts and some compost just a few hours before taking the picture. No doubt gonna have to feed again several times in the coming weeks, will try to make it a weekly thing. Should this be ok or do i need a pure source of high nitrogen NPK fertilizer? Trying to work out a deal on some classifieds posting for a whole lot of aged chicken manure and will definitely use it if i can get it.

laszlokovacs

Well im an idiot and was lazy and didnt get any slug bait and naturally I come to visit and see one seedling eaten and half dead and a small slug in the cage. Oh well a purple punch auto couldnt have been great.

1 week later after feeding/last update and the female cherry dragon seems to have mostly revegged, fed her again shortly after taking this picture. Shes got nearly 5 months left in her life cycle so i think she'll end up ok
IMG_3771.JPG

dirty-joe

Green Crack, day 40. The best one (18 inches) has shown preflower at the 8th, and 9th nodes. I top dressed them with a little Nitro today, heaped tsp. or so each. I really hope this one will finish before end of Sept.
IMG_3235.JPG

Green Crack in the woods, with a sour tang in the background, I took in trade from a friend, for one of my GC. Size wise, he got the better deal, but variety is the spice of life. It was in a solo too long, but is starting to grow now.
IMG_3233.JPG

Green Crack up on the roof. 12-13 hours of direct sunlight, they are all a whisker shorter than the ground dwellers.
IMG_3234.JPG

And my early weed, Guerilla Gold X WW auto. about 21 -25 days old (old seed started 3 batches to get this many plants). Were potted up to 8 inch today where they will stay till sexed. Any male, if I get one, will stay in the same pot his entire life. These pots were not filled to the proper level, that's on purpose, because the next up potting will be into car tires, which are not that deep, and I have no intentions of digging through roots in the forest when they do.

IMG_3237.JPG

The one on the far left I did not top, was a bit of a mutant, and that's how it snapped out of it.

The soil for all of them is about the same as last year 50/50 composted cow manure, and composed maple leaves/leaf mold, with a little worm castings, and a little proper finished compost.

I guess now it's just a game of watering, and waiting. I have to get some eavestrough, and a second water barrel set up before they start drinking too much.

laszlokovacs

Great stuff Joe. Might copy your idea with the car tire- Im itching to pop more beans.

Transplanted my 10 7east boys and girls today. Majority are about 5.5 weeks old, a few others around 3 weeks. Gonna have to sex them outdoors so final numbers will be lower. Probably pretty stupid of me to grow in these tiny containers- root-balls are unsurprisingly small so I think these might be off to a bit of a slow start- my fault for being dumb I guess but I grew these inside an old subwoofer and I had to keep them small for transpo.

Most of the older ones look like the picture, theyve been hardening off in the woods getting 1/2-3/4 of a full days sun for the past 5 days + seem happy. Very simple/lazy technique transplanting these babies, just digging holes in native soil and filling 50/50 w compost + native soil. Some holes closer to 75% compost and all topdressed with remaining compost leftover. I plan on returning in a few days and topdressing w tomato/veg food. Probably will do more reading on here and pick up some more fertilizers, especially for flower but right now I have + plan on using MGro All purpose, Neptune's Harvest blue/yellow bottles, Jobe's tomato feed, and espoma gardentone.

IMG_3802.JPG

I guess now it's just a game of watering, and waiting.
Yeah, now comes the waiting game. Seems simple enough, guess the headache of logistics about getting the plants out there is over for me now. Still gonna lurk on here but I'll probably stop blowing up ur thread w my newb ramblings, sorry about that Tycho lol:dance:

Thanks for all you guyses help! Hopefully I have some halfway decent pics of the buds in a few months. Good luck and Happy Growing everyone :tiphat::thank you:

dirty-joe

Great stuff Joe. Might copy your idea with the car tire- Im itching to pop more beans.
The tire idea is not a bad one for guerilla grows, you drive out an old dirt road, throw off 6 tires (with most of the sidewall cut off), and 10-12 bags of sheep shit, you have an instant plot with little effort, and the plants will do well in just that simple recipe. I don't have any pictures from way back when, but I assure you.

Oh and I aint the only one to think of tires as plant pots.
From a "Strain Hunters" video, Jamaica edition
ksnip220602-2057.jpg

dirty-joe

2 of my early weed (GG X WW auto) have auto flowered (both female) at the 4th node, which means they will be quite small, and not what I want to continue the line.
IMG_3239-edit.JPG
"Usually", most of these plants (some 90+%) will have the first flower at the 7th node, and grow to a relatively normal size of 4-5+ feet, and finish end of Aug.
Like this, Little over 4 feet, and 100+ grams. Not bad for less than ideal, in the woods guerilla type grow.
IMG_2361.JPG

or these, foreground over 5 feet, background over 6feet. Aug 30 2018.
IMG_2365.JPG

So now I'm down to just 4 of these left (out of some 80-90 seeds) to get a breeding pair. I guess, not too late maybe I should try sprout some more, as the seed are already old, probably none will sprout next year.

laszlokovacs

That grow in Jamaica looks crazy- the rubbing of the live plants to make charas was cool to watch. Ended watched a bunch of the strain hunters episodes, some great shots in some of them. I remember watching the Congo one when it came out as a teenager before I did any growing, kinda blows my mind how a little mosquito can be responsible for so much death and disease, some estimates as high as 50% of all humans in history. Feel bad for Franco, never grew any Greenhouse gear but he seemed like a genuine guy.

Are those young plants the same genetics as the Aug '18 plants in the pic? I'm dealing with what im pretty sure are stunted autos, debating whether or not to pull them and start over.

xet

That grow in Jamaica looks crazy- the rubbing of the live plants to make charas was cool to watch. Ended watched a bunch of the strain hunters episodes, some great shots in some of them. I remember watching the Congo one when it came out as a teenager before I did any growing, kinda blows my mind how a little mosquito can be responsible for so much death and disease, some estimates as high as 50% of all humans in history. Feel bad for Franco, never grew any Greenhouse gear but he seemed like a genuine guy.

Are those young plants the same genetics as the Aug '18 plants in the pic? I'm dealing with what im pretty sure are stunted autos, debating whether or not to pull them and start over.
Yeah man, back in the 1950s it was priority and common knowledge to rid the earth of swamps which breed these lethal mosquitoes .... now the anti-cannabis global "climate change" institutions which also want to reduce the human population by 90% want to protect swamps .... !

dirty-joe

That grow in Jamaica looks crazy- the rubbing of the live plants to make charas was cool to watch. Ended watched a bunch of the strain hunters episodes,
/CUT/
Yeah, Me too. They may not have the best genetics, but they have some great videos.

Yes, those young plants in my last post are "descendants" of the same line as those shown as 2018 Aug 30 above.
And Like I said I had one before (out of 20) to auto very early in veg, and a friend of mine had one last year. So for me to have 2 out of 8 to early flower is not the "average" result.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Don't stop, sure he doesn't mind...BTW where is Tycho ?
Been taking care of health issues I didn't think I'd have to deal with until I was old enough to not give a fuck. lol. The last few months have been brutal and the next three will be worse. But I'll be damned if I'm going to miss this season. So I'm making it as easy as possible. I'm not a toker so I'll be dropping oil caps by the handful the next few months. That means I'll be too stoned to be very useful until harvest.

Here's the spot I staked out last fall.
1654519587490.png

I won't be able to afford a fucking single tick bite this year. So... out comes the lawn tractor for a path.

1654519852144.png

I don't have the energy to wrangle my big tiller so this one will have to do.
1654519895582.png

1.5 feet deep.
1654519910413.png

1654519949393.png

Plants are goin in next weekend. It'll be visible as fuck from the air but I'm only putting in a dozen or so this year. I'm well within my licence so they can go piss up a rope.

Attachments

• 1654519533443.png
    1654519533443.png
    732 KB · Views: 56

Funkalicious

Rock on señor! Hope you can smash this year's season despite the challenges..

Also going thru a mid of a health roller-coaster so I sympathise with that. Doing what we can with some help from pachamama

dirty-joe

Been taking care of health issues I didn't think I'd have to deal with until I was old enough to not give a fuck. lol. The last few months have been brutal and the next three will be worse. But I'll be damned if I'm going to miss this season. So I'm making it as easy as possible. I'm not a toker so/
Sorry to hear man.

Ticks are nasty, I've had my pants tucked into my socks, and my shirt tucked into my pants for months now. Have been the woods quite a bit, cutting wood etc. and I haven't seen many this year, perhaps I should not have just said so. As a near by neighbor said they got 18 in one outing.

As far as only a dozen plants, that's plenty for a "hobby", growing more is fun, but a lot of work too, esp. if one is going to give most of it away. I have far more than I need too. With the roof top grow I can't even get one single day off in the hot months, July, August as they need daily water. Kind of silly in a way as I'm not a big smoker either, I guess it's because it is just about my last hobby.