What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Share n' learn at my AF Guerilla, 65N!

Hortic

Looking nice, man! I'm a bit bummed my crop failed early on, I don't think anyone expected this nice of a summer/fall... Otherwise I would've put more effort in like you did. Be safe, and keep harvesting!

offthehook

Veteran
Stones that are situated near your home brought soil will attract black ants.

Ants cultivate their eggs behind the stones to take advantage of the heat storing effect, and feel very comphy digging highways allover your easy diggeble soil.

Ones you got them buggers investating your plot & destroying your roots, it's not going to be much anymore.

Hence I 'm not a huge fan of artificially heating up the place using stones.

Better to invest in proper genetics that can deal with Northern conditions I would say.

Auto mazar was bred in Spain as far as I remember. I admit It's got a great high, but was designed to flower at higher temps as we have in here.

Up North, plants need be designed for keeping speed at low temps & high humidity during flowering. A thing that's obiously lacking in the Mazar.

By the looks of your auto mazar plot, they do not seem like a true auto to me either.

They look like a typical f1 auto x early cross, but I can be wrong ofcourse. ( late flowering auto maybe... ehm... NAH! lol :)

Yanno that's the funny thing Femora, I absolutely do not claim to know it all, but I've seen & created some feno's over the years. Many many, many feno's, and thisone just tells me somehow it's not what the label says it is, FLMAO. (It's the part where I like to trust others and not so myself, but at some point when the proof is in the pudding I can't help but wanting to roffle my chest and call others stuff BS!)
It's a total bummer always, cuzz these vendors can get away with it at lower lattitudes where these perform like true auto's, but once their genetics are exposed to arctic conditions, they'll show what they realy are, wich always gives me a good reason to get extremely pissed about the genetics description skills of the vendor ^^

Pissing away other ppls money! ^^ Grrr.

Thing is that peticularly these kinds of f1's seem to perform like 'super auto's' down at lower lattitudes.(great for marketing their strains)

Wheras up here... well, just take a look at your pic and I can tell there's no way for them to bud out as they should when temps go below 15 C and humidity rises to 80/100%.
At some point when first mould comes in, there is no other option left as to harvest them prematurely. They would not blow up their calyxes anyways.

Last edited:

Femora

Looking nice, man! I'm a bit bummed my crop failed early on, I don't think anyone expected this nice of a summer/fall... Otherwise I would've put more effort in like you did. Be safe, and keep harvesting!

Heya! How did your garden turn out? Got some pics to share? I havent seen any on fb.. are they there maybe? Please send me a link-pm if so.
Im curious if they got thesame "symtoms" as spot 2, and if so; somewhat make make a truth out of that the lack of water and dry soil is the #1 Blackman's law.

Howdy!

I'd love to test those beans of yours OTH and see how they do vs the beans I created. ;D

Yea, up here aint suitable for all strains, thats for sure.
Just look at the vertigo.. All 3 turned hermie. I guess they didnt like the cold temps, or something.
The chance of all 3 going hermi is so small that I assume its weather-dependant in my case.

And just look at the slow growrate compared to vendors estimated times.

Only a few strains became "big (as in; they could yield ~50g/ea if they got proper care). NS Viking, NS NL, Grass-o-matic, Autowappa..
Others got done remarkably fast. I think the (GhazexC99)xC99 did best in time/yield.
Truth be told; I havent even smoked her yet..
Not all strains have cured enough to get all them flavours out..

And even if I wanted.. I am busy smoking other strains. LOL! :rasta:

Ive harvested the last plants at 16 Sept. Thats 120 days..
The remainings then was some lower larf that I allowed to swell up, and....
There was a few NS AK47s that wasent fully done, along with;
The seeded GhazexC99xC99 got attacked by a reindeer or a moose and ate almost the whole plant... So no seeds from that one, sadly!
The Mazar was like 10-14 days from done, but the temps was going to low for any serious development to take place. And the frigging 4-legger had been really hard on her. Breaking the mainstem at middle, and split it in 5. And eat half of the sidebranches.

There was a few NL buds missing. The cut made me think the Thais had returned and raided... But after a closer look the damaged on the stem seemed to be teeth-marks, and later I found the C99 and Mazar....

The tryout to get fem pollen from a AK47 failed. I got her to reverse into a male, but she did not give any pollen(!!!)

Ah, and, here is what I tried out so far from the garden;

Dinafem;
Haze Pine/lemon/spice smell, Taste a little sharp still, with alot of pine-taste. High is hazey up, energetic, social, feel-good for a 2-2,5 hours and a nice slow landing. I found it to be great compliment to booze.
Haze 2.0Taste and smell is similar to haze, and include a little dirt/mud(?) to. But potency was weaker, and the lenght of the buss was just about 1.5~hours and the comedown was over in just a few mins.
Moby Dick Cant remember smell and taste. I was satisfied with the hybrid-feeling high, but it was nothing special.
I was a bit disapointed from the reviews I'd read. : /

NordenSeeds;
NL (Northern lights) This shit knocked me over!
A few reckless puffs and I found myself in the couch a few hours later.
Potency was friggin' strong, taste was rough to say the least.
Smelled most hay and an undefined weed-smell.
High came creeping after 4-5-6 minutes and struck hard. On the downside; I got a headace when finding myself after those hours on the couch.
I had some food and water and tried her again. Didnt really kill my headace, but sure stole another few hours of my life : p
Dutch Passion
Auto Blueberry This is a heavy knocker too.
Didnt find any blueberry in the taste but some in the smell... nothing like a real blueberry but quite similar to the chemical shit they use in blueberry-flavored candies/icecream.
Really nice to smoke at bedtime! And the high aint as devastating as the NL, and thats a good thing, aye! This one sure goes to the personal stash, top shelf.

So, I dunno where to start at the log..
Ill just try to continue where I left ya all waiting last time I updated this thread.
-checking albums-
Errr... ill go hard on the AK47-Scrog for starters:

This is all shots from the net; shows different times, and quite different phenos..
Most of em show purple color. Potassium lockout due to temps!? Anyone!?
This is the slowest one among them;
Day 107
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Now ill reap the fruits of my garden, and head to bed.
Ill try to finish the story tomorrow as far as the garden is concerned.
The weight aint done yet, there is still a lil buds waiting to be cut down into jars.. Lol! A 1 month dry! Hehehe!

Stay safe folks!
G'night!
Fem~

Last edited:

Femora

So, Here is more to look at!

Describing texts at each pic. Please ask if there is something that cross your mind!

Pics at day 107!

Moby Dick;
Like the Mazar did this one show some really dark lateflower-colors.

picture.php

picture.php

Fruit;

There was SHITloads of ruderalis in this one still. Them buds was a hell to trim!
And its really NOT like its enjoyable at this amounts with 2 pair Fiskars...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last pic is not really fair.. But at the time of the pics it felt just about right.

TBC

Femora

More pics!

More pics!

Here is a Auto Wappa closeup.
Day is still 107

picture.php

Original Amnesia
picture.php

The leftover larf allowed to swell some, and the seeded plant of the GhazexC99)xC99

picture.php

Maincola
picture.php

Unfortunatly did a animal comeby and ate this plant, so no seeds, aye.. :(

TBC

Femora

mooore

mooore

Next up is the AutoMazar @ Day 107
This plant got eaten... the stem looked like it exploded, and about 60% of the plant was gone. I found moosetracks in the mud around.. Whats a bit strange is that they ran throu my 0,5mm fishingline on their way there.

The line had been down a few times previously, but no harm to the plants. I imagine the animal running into it and get branches waving around it... normally would flee like a fool!

picture.php

And the stem;
picture.php

AK47-nugs..

I find the size decent... concidering my conditions.
It would sure be interesting to see how the biggest of the plants I had would perform in eg southern europe...
Mazar, AV NL, AV AK47, Autowappa, Grass-o-matic...
Start them indoors and have a really early july-harvest. :)

picture.php

A Snowstorm before she met Fiskars

picture.php

There is not much to add at this point. I would love some input and questions about the grow.. All cant be crystal-clear! And I found that when I have to explain myself is the time when I get to know if I acctually know wtf im doing, or just ramblin' Hehehe!

As a final Ill post a pic of another of mother natures gifts..

picture.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psilocybe_semilanceata

btw, do you see the shroom thats a missfit?! I didnt notice it until I looked at the pics, lol!

And; Ive started a new thread in the Vert-forums. My strainhunt to find something to monocrop!

Tune in at https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=272587, or my press my signature-link.

Stay safe!
Best regards!
And big thanks to all that tuned in at this show! I probably wouldent do a log if it wasn't for you, thats right.. YOU! :)

Fem~
Checkin' out! Puff.. Puff... Pass!

rangergord

Holy Crap! Awesome feat there Femora! After talking to you last winter about your plans I did not envision something this big! Your climate is very different from mine. I think you have more rainfall and a marine influence to temperatures and humidity. Your plants reached the size mine have when I grow under floating crop covers but yours are out in the open. Also impressed by how well the transplanting went for you.
I have tried growing in the open outdoors and using transplanted autos and ended up with runts as a result. My climate is continental, dry, with more extremes between hot and cold day/night temps. It is on the side of the mountains away from the coastal influence.
I have a suggestion as to the cause of the necrosis you experienced. It may be because of the transplanting of seedlings grown under the floro lamps into the sunlight of the outdoors. The leaves may have burnt from the large difference in light intensity between lamps and sunlight. I have had many indoor plants do this to me when transplanted too quickly outdoors. Hardening off by gradually exposing the seedlings to sunlight over a week or so might solve the issue or use a bit of shade cloth or something similar to lower the intensity of the sun until the seedlings can adapt. When the necrotic leaves died, some of you plants had to regrow their leaves in order to survive and prosper.
I must say the effort and work you went through to pull this off is amazing! But as you say if you reuse the plots, next year will be much easier.
Loved the photos. Beautiful spot for a garden. You are blessed.

Mister_D

Veteran
Looks like everything came out pretty decent, all things considered anyway :good:. Curious about what type of mushrooms those are? The odd ball looks a lot like my favorite, we call them Hawaiians. Very little taste, but the effect is VERY STRONG!

On my way over to see how your vert adventure is taking off :biggrin:

Femora

Im moody today, so lets start with a little background song while posting.. Just found this one, and it sure makes my day a little easier, a little lighter and feel-good rushes throu me. Hehehe...
https://soundcloud.com/dubtune/tech-house-14-09-2013-dubtune

wow dude looks like u pulled some very nice buds.

Thank you #1cb!
ya, there is some nice buds in there! There was quite alot of larf, but my move to leave the lower part of the plant was genius! They fatted up great, and added some weight to the bubblebags.

Best of all with this harvest; There is 20 strains to try out! ;D

Thanks Fem. Great show! :)

Im glad you enjoyed the show, and I think that you deserve a HUGE Thank You!! for all your input in the thread, in private and in other threads.
The info and ideas we've talked about during the winter, spring and summer has allowed me to disarm alot of mines in this outdoor-grow.

Hat off for you, sir! :tiphat:

Holy Crap! Awesome feat there Femora! After talking to you last winter about your plans I did not envision something this big! Your climate is very different from mine. I think you have more rainfall and a marine influence to temperatures and humidity. Your plants reached the size mine have when I grow under floating crop covers but yours are out in the open. Also impressed by how well the transplanting went for you.
I have tried growing in the open outdoors and using transplanted autos and ended up with runts as a result. My climate is continental, dry, with more extremes between hot and cold day/night temps. It is on the side of the mountains away from the coastal influence.
I have a suggestion as to the cause of the necrosis you experienced. It may be because of the transplanting of seedlings grown under the floro lamps into the sunlight of the outdoors. The leaves may have burnt from the large difference in light intensity between lamps and sunlight. I have had many indoor plants do this to me when transplanted too quickly outdoors. Hardening off by gradually exposing the seedlings to sunlight over a week or so might solve the issue or use a bit of shade cloth or something similar to lower the intensity of the sun until the seedlings can adapt. When the necrotic leaves died, some of you plants had to regrow their leaves in order to survive and prosper.
I must say the effort and work you went through to pull this off is amazing! But as you say if you reuse the plots, next year will be much easier.
Loved the photos. Beautiful spot for a garden. You are blessed.

Im glad I could blow your mind with this show!
I sure went big. Acctually a bit TOO big I recon.
It was never un-managable, But the amount of time, sweat and tears (dont forget the mosquitos!) was a bit overwhelming. And the uncertainy that struck me when I found that Thai picking berrys around my plants.. That was.. well.. "An experience" -> Ill tell my grandchildren when that time comes.. Heheh!

I ignored the possibility that it was light-chock-stress that gave the necrosis after a few minutes thought... Its worth to re-think! and next year I'll run some tests to see how it turn out..
My guess atm is that they have to good settings in the vegbox. High humidity, stable decent temps, good nutes and so on.
The colder climate hardened the other plants..
About the light. I had.. errr... I think it was 6x36W T8 for the big veg.
The box had a 250W le, but then this one was was hung higher from the plants.. way higher. (40cm?)
Hmm.. growthrate above soil was better then under the T8s, so... Really.. I cant make any decent conclusions about it right now.

More tests will have to follow!

Big thanks for your input!
New angles is greatly appreatiated. Im getting stuck to my grow from the inside. Within time its really hard to zoom out..

Looks like everything came out pretty decent, all things considered anyway. Curious about what type of mushrooms those are? The odd ball looks a lot like my favorite, we call them Hawaiians. Very little taste, but the effect is VERY STRONG!

On my way over to see how your vert adventure is taking off :biggrin:

Ya, It came out about as predicted..
I didnt really imagine all the hours I had to put into it. But its fine. A garden is a blessing, and blessings I like. <- coulda been Yoda speaking, eh?

The shrooms are known as "Liberty Caps". I attached a URL to Wikipedia for them. Is that link missing in the post btw? Strange if so..
Anyway; They have the highest content of psilocybin afaik among shrooms.
I read somewhere that they measured 2,37% psilocybin and thats supposed to be a record.. Quite cool with a shroom that had 4x the cubensis in just psilocybin , eh? I think normally libcaps are about 1%, add upp 0,3~% baeocystin. Hehehe

Makes them really suitable to dry and store, compared to cubensis where you have about ½ the magic (0,6%+(0,6%)) in psilocin, and its unstable.. It oxidate when in contact with oxygen (Thats what makes the blue color) and it "evaporate" when drying the shrooms...

But.. among the libertycaps at the pic...there is also another distant cousin in there. According to more seasoned shroomers there is a even stronger version of the libcap, but its rare and im supposed to be really lucky to have found it.
I have not confirmed it, but.. I found out that 30 shrooms... and 30 shrooms can make quite some difference with thesame set n' setting.
There is something going on, oh yes.

Now Fem's heading to the bed.. Sure thing gonna be cozy to fall asleep tonight!
Over and out, Stay Safe folks!

Last edited:
T

Toxsik 8

fine auto show, i see cold climate and dark leaves, any mold problems ?

Latest posts

Latest posts