What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Share n' learn at my AF Guerilla, 65N!

Hortic

Holy shit, dude! That is just insane. I'm lost for words. Do you plan on supplying Sweden with weed for the coming year? :laughing: I love your rain water collection idea. I'll probably copy it, it looks cheap and very easy to set up.

Can't wait to see all those plants a month from now... Oh my.

B

bajangreen

About the rain water collection, great idea, but why didn't you go with clear plastic, it would be way harder to notice.

Femora

Ya, keep your eyes open. This will for sure be interesting..! :)

Hortic; calculations tell me.. 100 survival plants at 10g/ea is a kilo...
130 survivors 40 gr ea is 5,2 kg.. (Lol!)
But I guess somewhere in the middle is plausible..
No, im not planning on keeping the region with weed.. But might well be, for a lil while if this one hits it bigtime.. :)

Bajan; I noticed that the green tarpaulins is a bit reflective.. I dunno if its any better with transparent plastic since it has to be strong n thick enough to withstand the crap that still will be around to poke it.. But I should try it out I guess.

Im not really concerned about the spot beeing found... But it wouldnt hurt to be even more stealth.. Never is.. :)

I was thinking camo-net and branches over each raintrap.. Maybe ill go with both nets, and plastic..
Hmmm... Food for thoughts! :)

Hossauce

Very cool Femora ! Love how clean an neat the setup for your babies is. The tarps are such a good idea too. Your only hope was literally collecting rain water? Where there's a will, there's a way. Impressive sir, nice ingenuity. Can't wait to see more !

Last edited:

Eugen

Mentor
Veteran
Hey Femora,
nice show! i am subbed for sure. :lurk:
i never water my guerilla spots... i just dig big beds and hope the roots gonna dig for the remaining water in dry periods.
i like your idea of the rain water collection anyways. make sure you camouflage the frames so they don't look to suspicious from the air (you mentioned you had a few of them).

i like the big beds man! excellent work, i am sure they will return your favor. and if not this year, definitely next year. those beds are not going anywhere and once a spot has proofed itself you can expand it for the coming seasons ;)

i am growing some semi autos myself, made loads of seeds from them last year to keep me supplied. the testing starts this season. i am excited although the weather is a "bit" behind last years spring...

happy season and all the best to ya :tiphat::ying:

Femora

Day 6!

Day 6!

Heya!
Thanks for all the encouraging comments and for checking out my garden!

Soooo... Today its been a week since all them seeds went into soil.

At day 4 I found something... I find quite... fascinating!
Background; I accidently put 2 seeds in 1 cup (please, dont make the joke...) and the cup next to it was empty, I couldn't even find a seed in there when I carefully poked the soil... So I thought; "What the heck, Ill try to transplant it! I just grabbed the small green part that was above soil and carefully pulled it upward. I was counting that the taproot should be a 2-3, maybe 4cm. I was REALLY supriced to find such a taproot from that seed already! (ak47)

picture.php

I can report that the lady is going strong and look healthy 2 days later!

Ive put one plant outside closeby.. I will put another plants beside it, but in about 10 days, all to see how they perform! hehe...

So; this is the lady outside:
picture.php

and this is the sis' thats still standing inside under 23/1 - 250w LE

picture.php

Its not really fair to compare the two of them. There seem to be atleast 3 phenos in that strain... so... well. We will see within time!

And finally; Ive got alot of positive response about my veg-setup so I thought I'd share 2 more pics of it;
Here is how it looks with the lights up. There is that white plastic around it (you can see that on the sides of the pic.) to keep the light bouncing in there. And a fan blowing to force the stems to stiffen up.

picture.php

And all small plants starting to pop up;
picture.php

Im not really satisfied with the growrate on some strains.
Ill give em another few days to pop up then Ill toss out the never-happening ones and review the results FYI.

Ah, and yea.. I ordered 36m2 camo-net to all the tarps!
It will arrive sometime next week.

Have a great weekend folks!
Stay safe and have fun!
Fem~

O

OKD

Nice update! Thanks for showing your veg setup in more detail. Was wondering about it myself! Hope your weather is good. Lots of gnarly weather here lately!

A

Alone

Nice grow dude. Thanx for pointing it out to me. Most times... your slower growing, smaller seedlings are the females. The males grow much more vigorously in the beginning, to get taller than the females for future pollination. Its all genetically imprinted into their DNA.
Nice water setup. That should make things alot easier.
Since you invited us to learn, and give advice, I will take you up on that now. Hope you dont mind.

1) - Its a huge no-no to T/P AF's. This will stunt the yield by a big %. Only t/p them 1x from the cups to the beds and be GENTLE.

2) - Using CLEAR plastic cups is a huge no-no. Roots HATE light. They will not grow properly when exposed to light. They grow away from the light. Put all those clear plastic cups into colored cups so it blocks the light. You can still check the roots when you lift the inner clear cup out of the colored one.

Im subbed to your grow for sure. I have 5 strains - 150 feminized AF beans total.
I've had 12 plants out for 3 weeks getting bombed by rain like everyday it seems. Its super cold (33 degrees) one night... and then 90 degrees the next day!?!? Very wierd temp and humidity fluctuations, so Im not expecting much from those. 3 Deimos and 9 Magnum. Plus there in used, dense soil, so Ide be surprised if they didnt get root rot. LOL. These 12 are in a wooded area with medium/low sunlight.
(I have 25 Super Purple Kush's in direct sunlight all day long at another spot.)
Here they are now in the shady woods (Very sad looking) ~
picture.php

Last edited:

Femora

Heya fellas! Hope you´ll all enjoy! :)

Hossauce; Yep, those tarps and rain is my only water...

Eugen; Would you mind to explain how I best keep the beds for the next season. What to add, how to care for it.
If it matters; The beds will freeze solid in nov/early dec and then stay like that until april/may sometime.

Alone; Ah, you found me! Special welcome to you! :)
Thanks for really going in at my request about "Share n' Learn"!
Sorry if I confused you somewhere, but just like you said; The plants will go from the jug into the soilbeds, no T/Ping. I fully agree.

And about the clear cups; I know its not good but this is the most suitable cups we have where I live, and ive searched like.. you wouldn't imagine.. hehehe... ;p
I dont doubt the fact that its a bad thing with clear plastic Alone, but do you know of any side by side-grow to see the difference? That would be interesting to see.

I went to the spot a few days ago and adjusted the tarps and wooden frames and attended some small "have-toos" for the scrognet...

I planted 2 ladies in one of the beds when I built em all. Both were looking okay, but a bit bothered my the wind.
I gave then some water...
Felt I just had to visit the garden for a bit.. :D

Anyway, The best growing seedlings so far is the ladies remaining in the veg-box. They are looking way better, bigger, stronger then the one I planted just outside the growroom, or the two in the bed... It will be interesting to see if its all over that is slower, or if they will speed up after building more roots.
The 0,5 liter cups should disturb them already.

The weather has been 10-12C nighttime and 20-24C daytime, alot of sun!

I havent measured, but they should get a good 12 hours of direct sunlight per day at the spot..

A update on my ladies.. Whats still going on!?

Ill state the numbers here, and I will edit the first post I made to keep track of whats still alive.

So;
Lost sisters!;
1x Critical + (/2 seeds) my malfunctioning hand was the assasain.. :(
2x Budwider (/12 seeds)
1x NS NL (/5 seeds)
5x NS AK47 (/58 seeds)
7x Autodiesel mix (/12 seeds)

That autodiesel mix... all the seeds was REALLY REALLY small, and it was a bad germ-rate on them. (budwider had thesame slow germrate) Maybe they needed more then 48hours in the paper and a few days in moist soil..
I undigged them and found out... nothing really.. that they still were small seeds(?).. So.. still 5 of them to work with, and 121 plants in total!

Enjoy life!
Stay safe!

Last edited:

Femora

Its just so much fun...

Its just so much fun...

...to see them get going!

Just a small update; Here is 2 of the plants that is a week ahead of the others. The roots starting to show on the side of the cups..

picture.php

And here is thesame two plants, beside the one I put outside about 10 days ago..

picture.php

The ones indoors really have a lead on the outdoor one.. And then this fella had as good weather as I may have around here. Its way better then "normal"..
22-23C and sun all day, and about 9-12 nighttime. (thats low 48F, high 73F)

So, My conclusion is that its beneficial to let them grow for about 25 days indoor before transplanting... This might change later on, concidering yield, high n' whatever, but right now its somewhat my dogma on the subject..

I like it.. All the others has 8-9 days before transplant.. Should be somewhat thesame rootsize and size as them two.. Maybe a little smaller cus of not thesame temps.

This place is somewhere else... They have 15-18C 24/7..

picture.php

Stay safe!
Fem~

ps. Noone wanna hand me some strange experiment with a plant or two?
Its not like im afraid to try new things.. If you have something you wanna try but dont have the quantity of plants to do so... let me know! Let's see if we can work it out! ds.

Majo

Veteran
Cool project bro. Today I started my guerrilla garden as well. Best wishes for your cultivation, I'll stay tuned

offthehook

Veteran
Subbed!

Got my own spots all working out for themselves by now.

So now I nicely get to watch all of your activity while completely sitting on my ass & not having to do a damn thing myself anylonger, eheheh. :D

All my best wishes with your grow Femora. Thus far it has been a hell of a good summer.

Too bad you never returned my offer on beans. They'd been free of charge. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts