What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Shaggy's Guide to Hormones used in Cannabis

JimMuscles

It has Gibb in it so be carefull and watch for bananas.

Yoo shags! Hey man. Have you ever used triacontanol super late? Like basically when the plant is ripe? Just kinda during the flushing stage, or where that would be if you flush? Itcouldnt hurt right? I mean the plant is already ripe. Isnt triacontanol supposed to add resin, terps, etc? Im gonna try this and give em about a week extra. What do you think?

BillFarthing

Veteran
Yoo shags! Hey man. Have you ever used triacontanol super late? Like basically when the plant is ripe? Just kinda during the flushing stage, or where that would be if you flush? Itcouldnt hurt right? I mean the plant is already ripe. Isnt triacontanol supposed to add resin, terps, etc? Im gonna try this and give em about a week extra. What do you think?

There is alfalfa extract (tria) in Heavy 16 Fire, their bloom booster. It can't hurt. I have gotten some late frost and terps using TKO phosphite late flower as well.

shaggyballs

Veteran

I have tried it late like you said, with mixed results.
You may get some foxtails on some cultivars.
I did not see any negetive effects other than that.
Remember you will have it in your soil for next round.
When I tried it it was in hydro.

Good luck and let us know what you find.:tiphat:
Shag

JimMuscles

I have tried it late like you said, with mixed results.
You may get some foxtails on some cultivars.
I did not see any negetive effects other than that.
Remember you will have it in your soil for next round.
When I tried it it was in hydro.

Good luck and let us know what you find.:tiphat:
Shag

Right on right on. Im too afraid to try it any earlier due to previous experience. But ill let you know. Ive not ran these strains b4 so i wont have too much of a reference point, but oh well. I'm in coco btw. Ill just toss it in the yard after and wash my pots.

cytoplex hms

cytoplex hms

Y'know, the cytoplex HMS actually reduces plant height at label direction usage, and the overall reduction in apical dominance is notable with its usage. So depending on strain, it could be real helper.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Y'know, the cytoplex HMS actually reduces plant height at label direction usage, and the overall reduction in apical dominance is notable with its usage. So depending on strain, it could be real helper.

Thanks for the info!:tiphat:
Is this a first hand experience?
Was there a side by side or just a visual thing?

JimMuscles

Oh i forgot to report my findings about the late triacontanol. I added it around 5 days before harvest. I didnt notice anything happen. The plants prettymuch didnt change towards the end. I would have liked to keep them going, but i was getting mold.

Thanks for the info!:tiphat:
Is this a first hand experience?
Was there a side by side or just a visual thing?

Side by side in gg4, but the treated plant was an individual compared to a row of untreated, rather than properly replicated. Also, in the subsequent run, as I applied a combo of cytoplex and vitazyme, about 1 in 10 varieties developed some male flowers...

shaggyballs

Veteran
Side by side in gg4, but the treated plant was an individual compared to a row of untreated, rather than properly replicated. Also, in the subsequent run, as I applied a combo of cytoplex and vitazyme, about 1 in 10 varieties developed some male flowers...

Thanks!:tiphat:
That is what I have found also, Gibb will cause male flowers on those cultivars predisposed to those male traits.

If the cultivar is very very stable you should have no issues.
If not it will show how stable the cultivar really is I guess.

Thanks again!
Shag

2nerdy

Any recommendation with 6-BAP dosage?
I've been using Brass at 0.10 ppm with excellent results.
Planning on using the Brass + 6-BAP together.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Brass at 0.10 ppm????
You are using brass at 0.1 ppm with excellent results?
You should see massive stem elongation/bolting.
At least that is what I saw.
Where did you get your Brass?

2nerdy

Brass at 0.10 ppm????
You are using brass at 0.1 ppm with excellent results?
You should see massive stem elongation/bolting.
At least that is what I saw.
Where did you get your Brass?

Yes, at 0.1 ppm plant get thicker and does elongated but not unmanageable and in turn saved me some veg time with the slower veg strains.
I got the Brass off eBay.:tiphat:

G

GYOweed

I'm coming from RIU but this stuff is not of interest there so hope it's ok:
https://www.researchgate.net/public...N_GROWTH_AND_DEVELOPMENT_OF_CANNABIS_SATIVA_L

i made 300ppm solution using pH up and dmso for good measure. I also mixed in 25ppm water soluble 1.5% triacontanol (too expensive next time ima go higher and just use solvent). I also used 50ppm salicylic acid i dissolved in warm isopropyl to get ph under 7. Sprayed this arcata train wreck 7/6. I wish caption showed up when u insert...my short term memory is wrecked

6/28 after FIM just reference healthy.love it when a good fim job pans out.

7/6 Foliared solution

G

GYOweed

sorry for separate posts im noob neutered amount of pics/post.

7/12 today

So it doesn't look like it harmed it
chin.gif

geoffo

We have had only one or two members contribute to this thread.
Is there no new knowledge to share?

Ive some coming up. Waiting for my crop to finish to take some final comparative pictures to back up my observations.

Heres a couple things ive noticed though.

The 'insoluble' triacontanol.. I add to r/o water and have a pinwheel pump to aerate it, in 8-12hours the PPM goes from 16PPM to 28PPM, the triacontanol does have limited solubility and with patience the degree of solubility is in our favour.
I tried polysorbate20 to improve tria solubility and think ive tasted that on dried cannabis buds before so apart from the first time i made a mix with tria and polysorbate ive not used it since.

G

GYOweed

Hmm what to do with these (20 bux got it 3 days all water soluble thanks power grown).
picture.php

So i cant attatch and hit reply on mobile. Very clunky

geoffo

Hmm what to do with these (20 bux got it 3 days all water soluble thanks power grown).
View Image

So i cant attatch and hit reply on mobile. Very clunky

0.01ppm as a foliar, 0.1ppm as a root drench is what i used once a week if that. Use less if youre applying it more often those are maximums i use not minimums.
When used in seaweed people use it upto week 3-5flower but overapplication makes your weed taste rank. And plants stretch to far, foxtail buds etc

G

GYOweed

0.01ppm as a foliar, 0.1ppm as a root drench is what i used once a week if that. Use less if youre applying it more often those are maximums i use not minimums.
When used in seaweed people use it upto week 3-5flower but overapplication makes your weed taste rank. And plants stretch to far, foxtail buds etc
Thanks geof yea similar to the instructions so maybe ill try half.
I cant mark your post helpful yet it seems.
Is that rank taste like hemp wood and greeny? Probably made it make fiber.
I have Greanleaf seaweed extract i use about .1g/L doesnt hurt makes mix all brown.
I also got a packet of Pure IAA. I dont even know if it's viable it was out in 115f heat.
I suck at cloning was wondering if it can help, and promote roots of seedlings. I cut almost every mumbo jumbo 4 weeks after flip is my last experiment foliar. I grow mostly organic now it's just easier but i supplement with megacrop if they are hungry or could use more while accelerating.