What's new

SG's Hempy Grow Show - Satori, Double Bubble, PRxPK, Skunk #1

kardon

This is common in hempy with skunk#1, what EC do you consider to be full strength?

Ive read about better results with less nutrients, adding calmax didnt noticeably change the condition either. Seems to look like calcium, but if calcium it starts by burning edges then starts spotting everywhere.

Potassium also burns outer edges..

nice man! real nice. keep up the good work!

thanks relentless, i appreciate the kind words.

Man that purple bitch is pretty......damn i might need a cut of that as well brotha.....

Secret, what can i say.....you been around for the whole ride.....from the very beginning of the purple breeding project to now growing your own purple monster! Thanks for being one of the few people that have posted up some pictures of my hard work! Thanks! I have some Berry Blaster Haze and Purple Haze seeds in bags for a germination test! If you want, you can be the very first one to publically test these after the intial testing is done! Thanks for the continued support and like always whats mine is yours!

Killa

what up killa! you want a cut, just say the words. i am glad you enjoy the pics of YOUR work ... it's the least I can do. For anyone that has never had something like this ... it is so legit, I can't even tell you. I've actually had some people come up and say "yo, that purple was so fucking strong ... was it laced" lollll. No!

Of course I'd love to give your new work a test run. I was thinking about doing another test run soon ... maybe after I come back from vacation. I've just been so busy it's been pretty easy just to put things on auto pilot.

Glad to see you here, we'll talk soon. Take care bro,
sg

This is common in hempy with skunk#1, what EC do you consider to be full strength?

Ive read about better results with less nutrients, adding calmax didnt noticeably change the condition either. Seems to look like calcium, but if calcium it starts by burning edges then starts spotting everywhere.

Potassium also burns outer edges..

Interesting ... you say you have seen other instances of this in hempy? I'd love to see some skunk #1 in hempy. I've made some changes to my feeding before and it has helped, but in general, I think you are right. I get a little heavy on my feeding ... not sure of my ppm since the meter broke a while ago, but it has always been the same ... above 1000. Not that great. I have brought it down before and seen a difference in a few runs of the sk1.

The problem is that I run multiple strains and some are heavy feeders (ie church and happy chem) and others are not (ie skunk #1 and some satori phenos). I am at the point where I dont have the space or time to run different feeding schedules for each strain. :wallbash: I know, not good. Some would say unacceptable. But I am playing the hand I am dealt and this is how it is right now.

Thanks for stopping, i really do appreciate the advice. If you can steer me towards anything on here about skunk in hempy, i'd love to read more about it.

Thanks! -sg

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
Hey man, I run a group of gallon jugs (4 or 5) with different strength levels all the time. I use an 8-way airpump into the various jugs which keeps my nutrients idle. This simplifies my work big time and could be easily adapted to an automated system.

Hey man, I run a group of gallon jugs (4 or 5) with different strength levels all the time. I use an 8-way airpump into the various jugs which keeps my nutrients idle. This simplifies my work big time and could be easily adapted to an automated system.

Not a bad idea. I can tell you right now though, that my living space is limited and if I take up MORE space with this stuff, my g/f is going to murder me.

I run veg, phase 1, 2 and 3 flower, so that is 4 phases. Let's say I wanted to run different levels on all the flower (when sk1 suffers most), now we are talking about having 7 5-gallon buckets constantly being mixed. That's a lot of space.

Living in the city kills me sometimes. :fsu:

Thanks for the advice though, always something to think about in the future :D.

Peace buddy! -sg

Gotta run but here are the pics I forgot to post from this weekend :wallbash:

Woops sorry folks :D

Peace, sg

Skunk #1 @ 2 weeks
picture.php

picture.php

PR x PK #4 pheno @ 2 weeks ... already showing purp :D
picture.php

picture.php

Pr X PK #5 pheno @ 5 weeks ... basically just fast forward 2 weeks from the last pics
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Q-Balls @ 5 weeks. She is really fat and large for only 5 weeks. I'm excited.
picture.php

picture.php

Happy Chem @ 8 weeks. Started the flush. She's BIG. Sorry, I messed up with close-ups on this one this time, they all came out blurry, my bad.
picture.php

Skunk #1 @ 8 weeks. Woot.
picture.php

picture.php

That's all more later this weekend before my vaca :D

PEACE

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
Great shots as always!
With the bucket idea...lowes/home depot carry an inexpensive small free standing shelf system that will hold 2 gal on each shelf and it takes up a limited amount of floor space. I understand your plight, just didn't know if you had seen something like this to save on floor space.

Great shots as always!
With the bucket idea...lowes/home depot carry an inexpensive small free standing shelf system that will hold 2 gal on each shelf and it takes up a limited amount of floor space. I understand your plight, just didn't know if you had seen something like this to save on floor space.

Interesting point. I may have to look into that. Do you mean 2 gallon buckets on each shelf?

Something like this?

Thanks for stoppin by buddy, i always appreciate your suggestions.

Peace! -sg

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
SG-yeah man, that's exactly what I had in mind. We use one in one of our rooms and it works very well. I use 1 gallon containers and a couple of 5 gallon containers. The 5's sit on the bottom and have handles for easy removal and use. The 5's are the types of bottles used in water dispensers, with the small mouth, work great for brewing teas. Take it easy buddy.

just cruised through your journal secret.....
ive got some satori brewing myself too...

nice shade of green you have growing there :)

cheers

thanks for stoppin in cannabislover. I stopped by your thread ... things are looking nice and healthy! keep it up!

-sg

SG-yeah man, that's exactly what I had in mind. We use one in one of our rooms and it works very well. I use 1 gallon containers and a couple of 5 gallon containers. The 5's sit on the bottom and have handles for easy removal and use. The 5's are the types of bottles used in water dispensers, with the small mouth, work great for brewing teas. Take it easy buddy.

Cool dude, thanks for the suggestion. I will have to swing by the home depot and take a look at those.

Those 5 gallon buckets are pretty legit. I'll have to think about all this and see what I can come up with.

Thanks for stoppin by,
sg

Hey everyone :wave:

Just got back from my little vacation in Cali this morning ... had a great time. Saw some beautiful sites, did a little spring skiing, hung out with some good people :D.

I left the ladies in the very able hands of my auto water/pump system and everything worked out just fine. All the girls were happy and fat when I came back. Just how I like 'em!

Anyways, I landed mad early this morning and then worked for 12 hours, so I am completely wrecked. I just wanted to post some pics up on here so everyone knows what's goin on! Let me know what you think.

Peace everyone!
-sg

PR x PK #4 @ 4 weeks - Getting big and beautiful.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

SK#1 @ 4 weeks - I am starting to realize that I may need to hunt for a heavier pheno. That amazing smell and taste is tough to turn down, but she really isn't giving me the weight I'd like
picture.php

picture.php

PR x PK #5 @ 7 weeks - She is VERY purple and big. Super heavy. Weird thing ... the very tips got sort of hard, I think they got too close to the light.
picture.php

picture.php

Q-Balls @ 7 weeks - SO BIG and FAT. Very excited for her.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Che

Veteran
Nice work SG, glad to see your auto water system worked as intended :D Great pics, that Qballs looks thick!!! Awesome

Nice work SG, glad to see your auto water system worked as intended :D Great pics, that Qballs looks thick!!! Awesome

Thanks Che, I appreciate the kind words. I have a bunch of seeds I should pop soon, so an exciting time may be coming! :dance013:

peace, sg

killa12345

man them girls look real good.....looking real big as well! Glad you are putting the christmas presents well to work! Man, you photoshop that purple weed so nicely.....i didnt even know weed could turn that purple....lol.....if i had a dime for everytime i heard that! lol! nice show broham!
:tiphat:

man them girls look real good.....looking real big as well! Glad you are putting the christmas presents well to work! Man, you photoshop that purple weed so nicely.....i didnt even know weed could turn that purple....lol.....if i had a dime for everytime i heard that! lol! nice show broham!
:tiphat:

hey bro, glad you are enjoying seeing your work come to fruition. lol at the photo shop thing ... these girls are so ridiculously purple. I've had people ask "what temp do they change at" .... any temp? I couldn't stop them from being purple if i tried.

thanks for stoppin by, hope you are doin well!

peace bud,
sg

Good evening everyone :Wave:

I was finally able to get some time to spend with the girls and things are actually looking pretty decent in there. One more week and a round of

I am having some trouble getting clones to root though, which is weird. I get these random phases where I don't change anything and suddenly I can't clone for shit. I am starting to think it is because it is REALLY hot here now so maybe they are too warm. We shall see I suppose! I'm trying to keep them cooler lately, so hopefully that helps.

I'm starting to get excited about 4th of July weekend ... always such good times!

Here are the pictures for this week, enjoy!

Peace, sg

Satori #2 @ 2 weeks - My "keeper" but I am planning on a seed run this fall so she may get replaced. I also may have just lost her with the clones.
picture.php

picture.php

The Church @ 2 weeks - I like this girl, but she may also meet the same cloning fate as Satori#2. Oh well, I have plenty of seeds of both.
picture.php

picture.php

Skunk #1 @ 5 weeks - Looking strong, should be a good pull from her
picture.php

picture.php

PR x PK #5 @ 5 weeks - This girl is definitely a keeper. An almost "lighter" purple than the other pheno. Still quite purple though :D
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Q-Balls @ 8 weeks - These are some donkey dick nugs. I am excited to see how she smokes. Doesn't smell shockingly impressive, but I am still excited to see what tricks she has up her sleeves.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

PR x PK #4 @ 8 weeks - This girl is VERY heavy and VERY purple. These are some unique and crazy genetics ... Makes me happy :dance013:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

killa12345

man i hate to sound like a broken record but everything looks excellent....the qballs looks big despite looking like it really is lacking tricomes! The big purple bitch is still not done growing for ya at 8 weeks.....id say she has an easy 17-21 days left....maybe run her for another 5 days and then start the flush to get the full potency out of the strain......other than that.....hope all is well on your side....can wait to see whatelse you have instore! I will have a update my log in the next few days with some new pics of the Berry Blaster haze and purple haze test grows!

man i hate to sound like a broken record but everything looks excellent....the qballs looks big despite looking like it really is lacking tricomes! The big purple bitch is still not done growing for ya at 8 weeks.....id say she has an easy 17-21 days left....maybe run her for another 5 days and then start the flush to get the full potency out of the strain......other than that.....hope all is well on your side....can wait to see whatelse you have instore! I will have a update my log in the next few days with some new pics of the Berry Blaster haze and purple haze test grows!

:wave: Hey killa! Your broken record is appreciated haha! The Q-Balls is very big and heavy, but I agree, she is not super frosty yet. Not sure what I think about it ... I have some stuff that has been curing for a while and it is very lemony now ... I like that a lot :D. It's always good to give them all a fair chance, right ?

Yea man, that purple girl looks like she could go for a while more! She is really heavy already and so I will be checking the triches on her. I am thinking a good 2 weeks from this weekend. Just my guess.

I think I'm going to do another seed popping run soon. Probably in late August or September or so. Next few months basically. Gotta give everyone a good run and see who is THE KEEPER. So you'll be seein your gear again soon!

Anyways bro, hope things are going well for you. I am looking forward to seeing your update, both those crosses sound pretty awesome man! I'll be lookin out.

Take care,
sg

Latest posts

Latest posts