What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SFV OG Kush

Zigsta

Does this look like SFV og?

Does this look like SFV og?

just finished reading this thread. Awesome stuff, thanks to thread starter and all those who contributed.

I bought some clones, and they were no names on them.
From researching, it looks like i may have an OG clone .
Could this be SFV?

this was early in flower
picture.php

this towards end of flower
picture.php

During veg, she would only give 3 fingered leaves.
However, after reading this thread, that may be due to not giving her enough veg time. I usually veg for 3-4 weeks maximum.
By then the other variaties have 5+fingers, but this one sticks to 3's, then in flower starts to show the 5's.
I think im not giving her a proper veg time, and she only is reaching health and maturity during flowering and then shows the 5s.

I took a cut from her in flower, to reveg.
picture.php

Was planning to make this her last run, as the clones take ages to root, and she didnt look healthly to me.
Then i stumbled across threads detailing og issues, and it made me feel i never done her justice. lol

picture.php

Shes on her way to revegging now hopefully. Its been 3 weeks since taking the clone. Ill be sure to give her all the time to veg
properly to 5 leaves this time,and take new healthy clones then.

Ive been spraying nitrogen on her every few days, and it seems like she is already about to make 5 fingers, which im really happy about.
Have upped the humidity aswell, and so far the 3 weeks growth has been excellent considering she is about to make new leaves.

She tastes and smells devine. Lemony goodness, which puts me on my back. She is the jar i find myself going back to consistantly.

Her yields have been really low, however, after reading this thread, i think i may be able to improve it once she is healthy.
First time i flowered her out, i stripped lots of leaves and lower nodes. She made big tasty buds that time.

Lately ive been leaving her, and she is making lots of small buds.
Ive not done much to her, as usually when throwing her in flower, she is on 3 leaves and im thinking she is ill or not really happy.
So ive just been leaving her, rather than adding to the stress when in flower. Im starting to think she needs/deserves more veg time and veg food.

Sorry for long post. lol.

Zigsta

Def looks og how does she smell?

hi m8, she smells extremely lemony and is really sticky.

Anyone who has smoked her with me prefers this compared to any other strains ive tried to grow.

If I smoke too much of her , she leaves me in a half zombie like state and falling asleep uncontrollably. lol, sometimes just her sugar leaves give me the milder flavoured lemon buzz thats more compatible to daylight useage and the ability to function. lol

I am a lightweight tho. :tiphat:

Zigsta

just found some old pics.
lol, i really need to dial her in.
She used to give much larger nugs than she currently is.

Now that i think of it, she smells of gasoline and also lemons. When taken to different weeks, she smells differently, always a combination of fuel/gasoline and lemons.
The longer she is left, the more fuel like the smell becomes.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I really love the sound of the sfv clone..i wish someone would send it over to the uk..ive never tried this lemon fule og flavour you American guys talk about. .it sounds so so good.

who's got the most oldscool cut? .. is there a few different sfv cuts or has the original managed to fight off the copy cats? ,,,,copy cating distroyed has near wiped our the original clone

Zigsta

Im sure its already in uk. I used to do some grows with this guy a while ago. He had all these exotic strains, and Never shared them. lol, when i asked him for a cut, he wanted to see where it would be grown, and also for half of the yield. I was like fook off ...lol, he never gave cuts out. I had to buy them from another geezer just to get a grow on. The only reason i got this kush cut is whoever sold me the group of cuts made a mistake and gave me some decent cuts instead of the bigbuddah cheese cuts i was buying. lol, finally something went the way i wanted. lol sometimes i wish i was living in usa, as them guys seem to share the love and dont seem to be into hoarding as much as people ive bumped into.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is what I want to be smoking. ..I remember crazycomposer posting this one years back..I was dying to try it back then..wish I could get this cut...

I gota admit though bro..it don't look 100% like yours..to be fair different environments play it out different. ...it's that the same sfv cut that swerve has.. is swerve the final word in sfv ?

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
My (SFV x DMT) X (Diablo x DMT) cross.
picture.php

And Prophet x (SFVxDMT) cross. Both at 62 days.
picture.php
picture.php

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice,, looks a nice light colour ,,,i recon i can see the sfv in there,,,

not that i know much about sfv,,ive just been picture stalker for years, jerking myself off over real og ,,crying an muttering how much i find sfv og beautiful and special,,,even though ive never even sniffed the bitch

slipdefeu

He had all these exotic strains, and Never shared them. lol, when i asked him for a cut, he wanted to see where it would be grown, and also for half of the yield. I was like fook off ...lol, he never gave cuts out. I had to buy them from another geezer just to get a grow on. The only reason i got this kush cut is whoever sold me the group of cuts made a mistake and gave me some decent cuts instead of the bigbuddah cheese cuts i was buying. lol, finally something went the way i wanted. lol sometimes i wish i was living in usa, as them guys seem to share the love and dont seem to be into hoarding as much as people ive bumped into.

"...wanted to see wher and take half part..."

No comment....
:puke:

"....gave me some decent cuts instead of the bigbuddah cheese cuts i was buying..."

Do You mean that those you got were probably more expensive than BBC or not for selling? :/

I can't feel the good vibes in that too:comfort:

Hopefully he made a mistake :biggrin:
Definitely not BBC ^^
Never grow cookies but imo that's probably the same family ;)

LostTribe

Premium user
just finished reading this thread. Awesome stuff, thanks to thread starter and all those who contributed.

I bought some clones, and they were no names on them.
From researching, it looks like i may have an OG clone .
Could this be SFV?

this was early in flower
View Image

this towards end of flower
View Image

During veg, she would only give 3 fingered leaves.
However, after reading this thread, that may be due to not giving her enough veg time. I usually veg for 3-4 weeks maximum.
By then the other variaties have 5+fingers, but this one sticks to 3's, then in flower starts to show the 5's.
I think im not giving her a proper veg time, and she only is reaching health and maturity during flowering and then shows the 5s.

I took a cut from her in flower, to reveg.
View Image
Was planning to make this her last run, as the clones take ages to root, and she didnt look healthly to me.
Then i stumbled across threads detailing og issues, and it made me feel i never done her justice. lol

View Image

Shes on her way to revegging now hopefully. Its been 3 weeks since taking the clone. Ill be sure to give her all the time to veg
properly to 5 leaves this time,and take new healthy clones then.

Ive been spraying nitrogen on her every few days, and it seems like she is already about to make 5 fingers, which im really happy about.
Have upped the humidity aswell, and so far the 3 weeks growth has been excellent considering she is about to make new leaves.

She tastes and smells devine. Lemony goodness, which puts me on my back. She is the jar i find myself going back to consistantly.

Her yields have been really low, however, after reading this thread, i think i may be able to improve it once she is healthy.
First time i flowered her out, i stripped lots of leaves and lower nodes. She made big tasty buds that time.

Lately ive been leaving her, and she is making lots of small buds.
Ive not done much to her, as usually when throwing her in flower, she is on 3 leaves and im thinking she is ill or not really happy.
So ive just been leaving her, rather than adding to the stress when in flower. Im starting to think she needs/deserves more veg time and veg food.

Sorry for long post. lol.

Guessing that is a hybrid as it is really purple which I normally never saw in the SFV. My sour OG on the other hand goes black late in bloom towards 65 days and onward.

Unfortunately I lost my SFV cut along with a stack of others last summer on a hot weekend away. My bro didnt keep her as he moved twice last year so for now I am without the pure again but the sourOG pops out similar stuff and a bit easier but not much, still a PITA to clone and veg.

Anyone in the know should work on getting valley to the community because it seems like folks hoard stuff way longer than necessary.

Zigsta

Guessing that is a hybrid as it is really purple which I normally never saw in the SFV. My sour OG on the other hand goes black late in bloom towards 65 days and onward.

Unfortunately I lost my SFV cut along with a stack of others last summer on a hot weekend away. My bro didnt keep her as he moved twice last year so for now I am without the pure again but the sourOG pops out similar stuff and a bit easier but not much, still a PITA to clone and veg.

Anyone in the know should work on getting valley to the community because it seems like folks hoard stuff way longer than necessary.

My bro got the cut in LA a couple years ago from an old friend and I went out to visit him and he surprised the shit out of me what a great surprise it was. I normally travel during the summers but for the last 2 years I staid put just because I didnt want anything to happen to her. Anyways great strain. Will find her again one day, might have to head out the the left coast and check around with some old friends up nor....

Hi mate,

Thanks for the helpful post. Im thinking your right, i just read about the colour is not really normal for SFV og kush.
Maybe a tahoe, or some other named kush.
Thanks tho. :tiphat:

Bmac1

Veteran
I just got a couple cuts and one of them is labeled sfv og. Im hoping it amd the others are legit but the jury is very much out. Will get some pics up soon for comparison. Shes a few weeks out from being flowered.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
The one that I ran in the greenhouse came out waaayyy earthier than I would have thought. I guess the earthier end of the spectrum with some lemon mixed in. Granted it hasn't had time to jar cure or anything. Not disappointed, just surprised. Might be fazing her out though, jury is still out.

Hi mate,

Thanks for the helpful post. Im thinking your right, i just read about the colour is not really normal for SFV og kush.
Maybe a tahoe, or some other named kush.
Thanks tho. :tiphat:

AFAIK no straight OG Kush clone cuttings have purple in the calyxes.

Could be a Kush hybrid but really who knows except maybe the person you got it from.