What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SFV OG Kush

LostTribe

Premium user
Well here she is at 5w, the real deal SFV cut. She's in Hydro and HPS with an LED on the side.
full

full

LT

JetLife175

Veteran
5 weeks, was just beginning to bloom. She's SO HEAVY now I'm tying her up again daily. Top Yeilds. Classic SFV growth. Pics when I get time.
Stretch is almost done my boy.

About 6.5 weeks you should see it stop or slow down dramatically depending on how you're feeding. Get her tied up and get ready for some weight. She doesn't really start putting it out until week 8. 10-10.5 weeks is the sweet spot.

Desert Dan

Veteran
SFV and Louis XIII came out the closest to what I remember puffing on back in the day… I ran a lot of different OG cuts over the past 3 years and just never found “it.” I think I ran 3 or 4 different cuts of Tahoe and SFV, all different.

Nostalgia is a crazy thing.

Next time I got a craving for OG I’ll pop seeds. My friend pop some ghost hybrids I made in his backyard and those were 10x as loud as the cut. Smelled like he spilled gallons of bleach on his porch!

I hope your SFV is what you’ve been searching for!

-DD

LostTribe

Premium user
You should be seeing a whole new set of pistils. Let the stack begin!
You sure do know this lady like the back of your hand huh? Glad I tied her up again after you said she was about to get swoll. Psssshhh got to be twice as plump now just a bunch of nerf footballs with bright orange hairs. Calyxes started to multiply and some are rounding out. I'll post up some veg shots the fans are un mistakeable. These two got so big they are pretty much lasso'd up best I could do as its vert in front of a hanging 1k hps. 2 SFV and 2 SD's. Going to be a big haul if I can make it happen. My RH is in the mid 60's right now though hit 68RH for a bit today! Worrying about issues? Temp at 78F though. I'm in hydroton flooding 4 times lights on and they are each drinking a gallon a day easy. The Trinity is under LED on the other end and is absolutely massive. Huge buds there. Might have to grab a dehuey???? @JetLife175 ?? Thanks! LT

JetLife175

Veteran
You sure do know this lady like the back of your hand huh? Glad I tied her up again after you said she was about to get swoll. Psssshhh got to be twice as plump now just a bunch of nerf footballs with bright orange hairs. Calyxes started to multiply and some are rounding out. I'll post up some veg shots the fans are un mistakeable. These two got so big they are pretty much lasso'd up best I could do as its vert in front of a hanging 1k hps. 2 SFV and 2 SD's. Going to be a big haul if I can make it happen. My RH is in the mid 60's right now though hit 68RH for a bit today! Worrying about issues? Temp at 78F though. I'm in hydroton flooding 4 times lights on and they are each drinking a gallon a day easy. The Trinity is under LED on the other end and is absolutely massive. Huge buds there. Might have to grab a dehuey???? @JetLife175 ?? Thanks! LT
I do know the OGs quite well. It's the genepool I have the most experience with and it's my all time favorite. I know them well.

RH seems good if your temps can stay where they are. I like to run my rooms a bit colder later in flower but that's personal preference. Just ride it out until week 9,5 and then start with the plain water for the last 7 days . That's what I do.

LostTribe

Premium user
I do know the OGs quite well. It's the genepool I have the most experience with and it's my all time favorite. I know them well.

RH seems good if your temps can stay where they are. I like to run my rooms a bit colder later in flower but that's personal preference. Just ride it out until week 9,5 and then start with the plain water for the last 7 days . That's what I do.
Thanks for the run down and looks spot on. Still fattening up.

If you had to pick one OG, which would it be, just one?

Which one for you has the most lemon pinesol smell? I seek this, my first one was probably not pure but it reeked of lemon pinesol. Maybe it was a seed pop but it tasted much tarter and much more lemon than the valley seeds from archive I had as well as the cali con sour og f2's I had going. This one is still straight up OG but much fatter than those previous pics at this point. I'll send you an update. Peace, LT

JetLife175

Veteran
Thanks for the run down and looks spot on. Still fattening up.

If you had to pick one OG, which would it be, just one?

Which one for you has the most lemon pinesol smell? I seek this, my first one was probably not pure but it reeked of lemon pinesol. Maybe it was a seed pop but it tasted much tarter and much more lemon than the valley seeds from archive I had as well as the cali con sour og f2's I had going. This one is still straight up OG but much fatter than those previous pics at this point. I'll send you an update. Peace, LT
If I had to pick just one it's always going to be the Josh D. You can pull every profile that OG cuts have from selfing the Josh D. Josh D as in the original cutting. People say sfv has lemon pinesol in it but I've never found that to be the case. It was always skywalker that had the whole Lemon pinesol/pledge cleaner smell and taste. Not SFV. SFV leans to earthy pine side of the spectrum.

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
If I had to pick just one it's always going to be the Josh D. You can pull every profile that OG cuts have from selfing the Josh D. Josh D as in the original cutting. People say sfv has lemon pinesol in it but I've never found that to be the case. It was always skywalker that had the whole Lemon pinesol/pledge cleaner smell and taste. Not SFV. SFV leans to earthy pine side of the spectrum.
Someone recently told me they though Loompa's Headband might have a lemon pinesol to it as well. I might have to check out the skywalker, someone also recommended that one for that type of flavor.

EExtinct

I got the original a month or two and im surprised how much more compact it grows compared to all the OGs im used to. Almost closer to bubba in structure. Is this what youre used to? The stem rub reminds me of DNAs OG18 or headband i grew from seed like 10 years ago. Kinda lemony

JetLife175

Veteran
I got the original a month or two and im surprised how much more compact it grows compared to all the OGs im used to. Almost closer to bubba in structure. Is this what youre used to? The stem rub reminds me of DNAs OG18 or headband i grew from seed like 10 years ago. Kinda lemony

A bit more compact than hybrids for sure. The only OG cut that grows close to a bubba is resins kush. I don't know a lot about it but he had a really compact OG that was fire. A lot of it was going to Atlanta and I'm a believer that it's a parent of Irene.

Desert Dan

Veteran
A bit more compact than hybrids for sure. The only OG cut that grows close to a bubba is resins kush. I don't know a lot about it but he had a really compact OG that was fire. A lot of it was going to Atlanta and I'm a believer that it's a parent of Irene.
Ya the Irene is squat in veg too… Not your typical OG noodle branch.

-DD

aqualungs

Just picked this cut up over Christmas, can’t wait to flower her out in the next couple months. Been looking for that lemon pinesol classic OG funk.

Latest posts

Latest posts