What's new

SFV OG Kush

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Heck I remember getting those SFVs off seedbay, kryptonite seeds. I grew some monster outta those. There was a big argument between Swerve and Capt forever about that strain. I can tell you I'm running Cali's Tahoe again for the first time since it's release. It's defineatly more hardy and grows bigger than I remember. The SFV they use in about every fem variety they offer from what they list it as. But after these Tahoes I'm gonna order a pack of SFV as those were always my favs

Hempsmoke

Hey
I had a pack of San Fernando lemon kush, which is sfv og x kosher kush.
Out of the 3 plants (the 4th got eaten by fungus gnats :badday: ) one had no lemon smell rather the "oily" smell as someone here put it,
one had a mix of a little lemon and the oily smell, and one has a spectacular lemon with some of the oily smell in the background, actually it smelled like this (I doubt you know it tho :p) :
pol_pl_Dr-Oetker-Slodka-Chwila-Kisiel-smak-cytryna-30-g-82765_1.png
:yummy:
Luckily the lemony one is also the most potent out of the bunch with a strong head high.
For me it's deffo a keeper, maybe I will even make some crosses with her.

JAWS

i got one that smells like SWEET TREE SAP, not understanding where that is coming from but it's there... all other are all the same.

peace ..

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Here's a Tahoe OG Cali Conn clone ready to harvest in a wk or 2

Attachments

• 20210122_180708.jpg
    20210122_180708.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 125
  • 20210122_180519.jpg
    20210122_180519.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 125
  • 20210122_180449.jpg
    20210122_180449.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 120

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Hey
I had a pack of San Fernando lemon kush, which is sfv og x kosher kush.
Out of the 3 plants (the 4th got eaten by fungus gnats :badday: ) one had no lemon smell rather the "oily" smell as someone here put it,
one had a mix of a little lemon and the oily smell, and one has a spectacular lemon with some of the oily smell in the background, actually it smelled like this (I doubt you know it tho :p) :
View Image.
:yummy:
Luckily the lemony one is also the most potent out of the bunch with a strong head high.
For me it's deffo a keeper, maybe I will even make some crosses with her.

Yes I got lucky and found a keeper in those, I've got the ones that arent that good either. But these come directly from Sweet Seeds. The pics of her might be in my albums. If not there on my other phone.

Heres the album, I got rid of her because I'm working on Tahoe and Kosher and figured they be something better.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=81178

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran

San Fernando Lemon Kush Sweet Seeds. The color is from my growroom. They didn't change color if it stayed around normal temps. It was probably a 6.5- 7 outta 10. It was good but I felt like I'd find a better SFV. Like I was saying I've got some Biker Kush x SFVbx a friend passed me he'd made thats absolute fire. I gotta get a good mother plant I love it.

LostTribe

Premium user
Here's a Tahoe OG Cali Conn clone ready to harvest in a wk or 2

Was this from the regs or fems? My Fem was spot on Tahoe. Wouldnt root for shit. Lost it after 2 years. Still have the rest of a pack. It was gassy and beat out the biker v2, cc sfv, cc recent 818 sour og. Might have to run these larry's to see if I can recover that supreme lemon tastiness. My f2's from original CC sour og were incredible but they will no longer germ and lost my mom. These are all difficult to root without exact conditions.

CC Tahoe S1
picture.php

I ran some f3's of from that sour og but they were much more varied and the male I used I believe was more gas leaning that I had hoped. Also wasnt able to run more than one girl so the lemon might not be in there any further.

LostTribe

Premium user
Heck I remember getting those SFVs off seedbay, kryptonite seeds. I grew some monster outta those. There was a big argument between Swerve and Capt forever about that strain. I can tell you I'm running Cali's Tahoe again for the first time since it's release. It's defineatly more hardy and grows bigger than I remember. The SFV they use in about every fem variety they offer from what they list it as. But after these Tahoes I'm gonna order a pack of SFV as those were always my favs

The "SFV ibl" male they went to after the newbs threw a fit on the few hermies screwed all the lines. I tested some more a while back. All similar but they still list some without that male. I can confirm the Fem Tahoe was still fire as of 2019.

JAWS

not smelling any sour or gas in these f2, have i think 7 going all seeded but i think one. all housing f3 and all smell nasty/ronchy except for the one sweeter tree sap phenol. seeing the STS one is the odd one out it's the one i'm going to push in breeding when the time comes. couple are now plumping up even with fully seeded buds there getting fatter and i like that a lot. these SOUR OG are no joke there is some real nice~ness to them for-sure. did not take any cut's of any of them, did not think it was needed seeing i was making 100"s of fresh seeds, if i had known i was going to get the STS i would have grabbed a few cuts of that one at the time..

CROOKED8

thanks for the words my friend.

peace ..

eyesdownchronic

not smelling any sour or gas in these f2, have i think 7 going all seeded but i think one. all housing f3 and all smell nasty/ronchy except for the one sweeter tree sap phenol. seeing the STS one is the odd one out it's the one i'm going to push in breeding when the time comes. couple are now plumping up even with fully seeded buds there getting fatter and i like that a lot. these SOUR OG are no joke there is some real nice~ness to them for-sure. did not take any cut's of any of them, did not think it was needed seeing i was making 100"s of fresh seeds, if i had known i was going to get the STS i would have grabbed a few cuts of that one at the time..

CROOKED8

thanks for the words my friend.

peace ..

ill buy in...

Hempsmoke

Yes I got lucky and found a keeper in those, I've got the ones that arent that good either. But these come directly from Sweet Seeds. The pics of her might be in my albums. If not there on my other phone.

Heres the album, I got rid of her because I'm working on Tahoe and Kosher and figured they be something better.

Whoa mate, that's a frosty lady :O
Doubt mine even comes close, I gotta take some pics with the flash on when it's done in 3 weeks tho :p

Piff_cat

SFV
full

Overwatered at up pot a bit. Back under flos now and greening up nicely. Even got a few 5 bladed leafs already. I think she'll be just fine. Stoked to have her in the stable. Can't wait to have some for the headz!

LT
this is a beautiful lady! almost looks like some light varigation/sectorial chimera action but prolly nutes. i love the red stems and upside down umbrella.

im actually growing outback haze #8 x sfv(reversed) right now and one of the seedlings had the same red stem v pattern. have a female going outside but she took after the outback in flower time didnt start until september. should have force flowered. but shes going pretty good now seems to have inherited haze spear style with less stretch. lots of 3 bladers some of them are light bluish. the outback #8 pheno has that coffeeshop haze structure but with a more piff like smoke. first time dj handed out one of her progeny. hoping to spread her around

1695083738830.jpeg

1695083672470.jpeg

mama outback8
1695083845179.png

JetLife175

Veteran
I need to get a decent OG, haven't ever smoked one I like though, too earthy usually, and bland.. I am in Europe, smoked OG's and Kush's in Amsterdam and Barcelona clubs, always a let down. I have grown a couple also, and a mate has done some, best I had was G13 labs blue OG because it had some nice flavour lol.

Was going to start my search with Bodhi Gogi OG, but was looking at Bodhi Secret Chief SFV OG x 88g13 Hashplant, hence why I am here lurking anyway.

For you US guys who rave about OG's, what is the classic smell and flavour which made OG so big? OG just seems a name thrown around to me for a kush

Flavors include

Earth/moss
pine/Pinesol
Lemon/Lemon Pledge cleaner
Vanilla
Coffee
Skunk

That's pretty much the entire package that's in the original cutting in that order of dominant to less prevalent flavors found in OG.

If you're looking at a hybrid you won't find it. It's extremely rare to find a decent OG hybrid that doesn't take away from the OG side.

I would recommend getting something from Archive. It's your best bet to get a proper OG in seed form.

LostTribe

Premium user
I got her cuts rooted in less than 2 weeks in aero. They were under one blue flo t8 flo about 12 inches above canopy. All are showing 5 leaflets now too so thats cool.

I sort of feel like too much light and spectrum differences along with higher nutes might be causing things to grow a bit stressed and cause the 3'ing effect. My SD's are now throwing more than 5 leaflets as well in same system.

Latest posts

Latest posts