What's new

Setting up my first flood table this weekend and have some questions

GadgetGuy

they were clones taken in 2x2 rockwool cubes, the rest of the media is hydroton. The pots are taller than the table, a mistake on my part but they are being flooded to the rockwool. My res is ALWAYS 67f.

yeah it took a minute for the roots to hit the hydroton, i dont think it helped they were re-vegging but life cant always be easy lol. They are eating calmag likes its going out of style

GadgetGuy

coming along, slowly but surely. I've been babying them with the nutes and I think that was a little mistake

Attachments

• DSC02260.jpg
    DSC02260.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC02261.jpg
    DSC02261.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC02262.jpg
    DSC02262.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC02263.jpg
    DSC02263.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC02264.jpg
    DSC02264.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 6

gardener60

Hey guy like the setup. I also like to way you have your wires up in the air. Everything looks neat. Good job happy grow.

G

Ghostdawg

hey GadgetGuy very nice setup your plants look great..i have just got a 3x3 ebb and flow table myself.this will be my first grow so i hope this works for me.i am planning 12 seeds
and remove the males..i set it up today here is a pic peace ghostdawg
picture.php

GadgetGuy

sweet ghost! I had a rough beginning and am by no means an expert at hydro now but if you have any questions just ask, and I will answer if i can

GadgetGuy

Little photo update, things seem to be moving along as they should.

Attachments

• DSC02314.jpg
    DSC02314.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC02313.jpg
    DSC02313.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC02312.jpg
    DSC02312.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 6

GadgetGuy

And another update 19 days of 12/12

Attachments

• DSC02329.jpg
    DSC02329.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC02330.jpg
    DSC02330.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC02331.jpg
    DSC02331.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC02332.jpg
    DSC02332.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 9

mrS0ul

Meatball in Residence
:wave:

You've got the touch hermano! Is it appropriate to ask what your ppm is or does that apply in a flood table?

GadgetGuy

I go by EC because of the two different conversion factors on ppm. When they were little clones I started at .67 EC and have worked my way up to 1.97 ec. Do take into account that my EC from the tap is .297.

So last res change last night they got:
150 ml Cal Mag
250ml Flourashield
50ml Protekt silica
125ml GH grow
275ml GH micro hardwater formula
400ml GH bloom
25 ml AN ph down (the potent stuff).

Ended up with a ph of 5.68 tap comes out at 6.8.

I'm really winging it, this is much different than soil but in some ways much easier. I like it so far.

Andyo

Veteran
looking good

looking good

They look well nice strong stems ,
Any idea in pot ph 1 or 2 hours after flood opposed to rez ph ?

GadgetGuy

The pots are full of hydroton and I have the table covered in pandafilm now so it would be quite a chore to check. The medium holds little to no water so I'm not sure how I would get an accurate reading. My ph pen would be of no use in that situation as far as i know. I do check the res every night and the ph slowly goes up as the EC goes down and that seems to be what I should be looking for.

Andyo

Veteran
The pots are full of hydroton and I have the table covered in pandafilm now so it would be quite a chore to check. The medium holds little to no water so I'm not sure how I would get an accurate reading. My ph pen would be of no use in that situation as far as i know. I do check the res every night and the ph slowly goes up as the EC goes down and that seems to be what I should be looking for.

Ok ,was easier for me 12 litres hydroton in bucketssystem the amont of root in hydroton held enough at 1 hour to lift inner bucket out and tilt each one ( 12 buckets per kw ) and collect drips and test with ph meter .
Using RO/ac condensate ph on 12/12 rez was set at 5.8 using nitric acid,1 hr drips normaly 6.0 2hr drips 6.2
But if using hard water ec 7.0 like kent uk years ago it would climb in pot to a ph above 7.0 and so hard buffered by carbonates from the tap water i was having to run at rez ph of 4.5.
Yours is likely fine .
Was just interested as you have semi hard water.
problem didnt occur with RO/water

GadgetGuy

Gotcha. I took a peak under the pandafilm last night and all those roots in the table are making sweet sweet love with eachother, I'd be worried about damaging the roots at this point if I were to pull a pot out. Next round I plan on going with net pots so this may be more doable in the future. Everything seems to be ticking along. My temps could be closer between light/dark but I can only do so much right now.

Latest posts

Latest posts