What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Serious seeds out door trees 2021 by dankwolf

Dankwolf

Hi everyone, l hope you’re all well,
just finished up here Dankwolf the season here was an an absolute shocker, the worst I’ve ever experienced. It was unseasonaly cold and wet right through spring and summer. To give you an idea of just how cold summer was........we only had five nights over 5 degrees celcius and because of this soil temperatures were down even although daytime temperatures were in the early to mid 20s; it was so wet l only did two waterings......very unusual.
March was like summer with daytime temperatures in the 30s and overnight temperatures around 15 degrees celcius. This had the effect of pushing plants late in the season and they had a second flush of pistils something I’ve never seen before.
l think this effected resin production and the resin’s ability to turn amber......because it just didn’t.
Having said all this, my year’s in the can and I’m looking forward to seeing everyone’s photos and hearing your experiences. I must say I’m particularly looking forward to seeing that GG x AK Dankwolf and I’m left wondering how you found the new sprayers over the drippers?? I’m also assuming the South Matanuska is the plant you described last year that can freeze solid and keep powering?? I’d love to see a few photos of that one too, if you think it’s appropriate.
Good luck and
Cheers,

New sprayers are awesome competed to soaker hose . Would not recommend if you have high humidity . Sprayers had better coverage then soaker hose and less problematic. Soaker hose is a 100% no go ever again lol

Ya the south mtf is a cut my brother got from kenai peninsula best guess is it is some kind of nl x the real mtf cut .( Lost the 35+ year old mtf ) . Ya she can frezz completely solid and had no I'll affect on final swell . All other Strian pretty much stop growing after 2nd frezz
Will see if I can throw up some pics at some moment .sorry to here about your year so far .
​​

Dankwolf

So far, better than I thought it would do. I need to learn up on light dep and flip these babies. These are the ones from my first run that I rejected and kicked outside. 7 gallon bags of soil. Pond water only.

Serious Kush on left loves the sun. Gelato x Dosidos x OPG next to it is thriving. I hope it is a fem. Sundae Stallion was backed over by my PU truck, half-ass propped back up, and grows anyways.

This one I call "?" because I lost track of the genetics. It and the G x D x OPG are the two best, size and vigor wise.

So yeah, I am digging the outside spring weather.

So you going to do a dep and full term ?

I am running about month behind this year . Been a crazy year .

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
No, I want to start flowering them. Can I induce that by leaving them outside, but only letting sun shine for 12 hours, and cover them. Thinking more, that will probably cook them. Too much work too.

I like the way the plants grow under the sun, once they have roots. Another idea is bring the outcasts in and put them back in the veg tent, and 12/12 them in it. Take the the 5 plants in veg outside to get bigger under the sun for a month until another tent is available after the 1st run finishes. They stretch better in the sun right now.

My point is ole Sol kicks ass compared to LED in a tent.

gsxr97

Veteran
Love your garden Dankwolf. Ive always loved giant plants but I'm moving away from full term to light dep. full term in the fall in California is smokey skys and bug season of lately.

way ahead myself on outdoor this year. Have a 24x30 light dep gh that is in week 2 of flower . Will be my first light dep crop. Aiming for July 1st first harvest, and then have another batch ready to plug in , harvest in September

I will have to live vicariously through you for my giant plant fix this year.

looking forward to monsters as usual. Best wishes for this 2021 season.

Dankwolf

Best of luck this season. Looking forward to seeing monsters in your garden again.

Peace GG

I will do my best 😁 . Running a little late this year . I plan to push plants a little harder this year amendment and water feed nutrient wise think could have up it by 10-25 % strain depending .
i love pushing the limits of what is. Said to be possible .

...CR500AF...

Dankwolf I really like seeing those monsters you have posted over the last few seasons, the outdoor thing is a short deal around here.
It is really cool to get a peak at what a cannabis plant can go to given the right environment...:biggrin:

Dankwolf

Love your garden Dankwolf. Ive always loved giant plants but I'm moving away from full term to light dep. full term in the fall in California is smokey skys and bug season of lately.

way ahead myself on outdoor this year. Have a 24x30 light dep gh that is in week 2 of flower . Will be my first light dep crop. Aiming for July 1st first harvest, and then have another batch ready to plug in , harvest in September

I will have to live vicariously through you for my giant plant fix this year.

looking forward to monsters as usual. Best wishes for this 2021 season.

Wish I had time to get a light dep together . But this year has been crazy . That and I am getting into dirt track racing 😁. I do plan to do some female seeds auto flowers . Would be sick if you can pull two light deps in a season .

Dankwolf

Dankwolf I really like seeing those monsters you have posted over the last few seasons, the outdoor thing is a short deal around here.
It is really cool to get a peak at what a cannabis plant can go to given the right environment...:biggrin:

I have a south mtf cut that I am sure would preform . She has no issue with temps or humidity. And she is done end of September . I need to make some s1 seeds and release it . She is to special to be horded .

Dankwolf

IMG_20210502_154954.jpg

So results of seed start . So paper towels where a little to wet for germ . Can't be perfect every time .

4 out of 5 on hunza vally

2 out of 5 Gg4 x ak-47 ( my fault will start more )

5 out of 5 Critacal romulan
4 out of 5 mtf x ansestrial skunk

...CR500AF...

Here we go i am in for the show, ya the outdoor thing is a bit of a pipe dream here but with that said i am trying to get some auto's going to go through, I have never used them before. The cows will probably enjoy them lol...:D

Dankwolf

Here we go i am in for the show, ya the outdoor thing is a bit of a pipe dream here but with that said i am trying to get some auto's going to go through, I have never used them before. The cows will probably enjoy them lol...:D

This is my first run with autos aswell 😬🤫

Dankwolf

Potters are cleared . Just need to emend and add 40 lb of casting each plus some hi brix molasses and water to kick off the micro/ macros .
IMG_20210502_155141.jpg

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Do you make the soil on site? How do you get so much material delivered?

A local composter would be smart to have a nice dump truck for deliveries.

Dankwolf

Do you make the soil on site? How do you get so much material delivered?

A local composter would be smart to have a nice dump truck for deliveries.

It's all made on site . It's a modified version that some vary old school gardeners used here in the 70s . When I say modified I mean that my inputs are vary dj short influenced with a touch of slow nickels program . Base mix was tested for years by me .

What I have found over my 15+ years of growing is that your soil recipe is only as good as your water supply . Best to taylor soil to water then the other way around . Also taylor it to the syrians you grow second . And lastly taylor your recipe to the out come you prefer .
Then balance those three to make your own recipe . Every time your water changes your soil should as well .

Dankwolf

I will pull up old base recipe and post on first page of thread for those that want a easy base mix . Total cost was $2-$5 a yard or something like that . After that it cost about $2-4 a yard to maintain depending on water supply and stains being grown .

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Or change your water supply lol/ hahahaha

Water can be changed. I have a acre or so of well drained clay based dirt I am playing with organically - gonna make compost there. The water will be brought up from a pond full of fish. Grows algae just fine. I have to put enzymes and pellets for all the fish, to keep the algae down in summer.

I am a believer in the whole CEC thing, as well as the micro critters, good bugs, and worms.

A compost company could lose a lot of money at $2-5 a yard.

Very cool thread. Thanks.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts