What's new

Serious Seeds Bubble Gum

VirginHarvester

Veteran
hoosierdaddy said:
I know nothing...but what I have always heard was that the first bubblegum was the result of working some old school skunk. I know years ago there was a strain around grown outdoors that we always called sweet skunk. Nothing like the sweet skunk marketed today, or even skunk #1...but this stuff often had the deep candy bubblegum smell. And I also think that if the truth be known, the folks that supposedly originated this stuff, actually got it from Ky growers.
(shrug)
So there's no real way to know how to make your own bubblegum I guess. It seems to me the key to Bubblegum's great following is the euphoric high. I would love to have some suggestions of what strains produce a similar feeling or what you all would cross to produce something that might be similar.

There are a few producers of Bubblegum. Is TH Seeds and Serious considered the state of the art?

S

Syndicate

I believe Serious is the way to go, I shouda known after I had their AK-awesome-couldn't have been happier with what I ended up with.

But oh no I had to be diffferent and get THseeds version 'cause I was intrigued and drawn in by the back story in the breeders description.If THseeds version is a IBL that has never been hybridized-then why the hell do the phenos I have look nothing alike.I shoulda known really even in the backstory they give they say only one cutting from one plant survived the rip and burn to their mother stock, so unless they selfed it then it had to be hybridized at some point and maybe some mistakes were made along the way in terms of selection.Anyway live and learn I'll soon be rid of these lousy wispy, fuggin stretchy bastards.A plant(s) soon to be extinct in my little corner of the world.Been hearing alot of negative things about THseeds lately, 'course after I bought my seeds, but oh well.

I will give Serious's Bubblegum a go in the near future, I'm sure I will have better luck.

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
THseeds have gone down hill over the last 8 years,i grew some of there gear mid 90's and was very happy with it but they seem to get very mixed reports nowadays.

Country Mon

Bummed.

Bummed.

So, I never took any pictures. I guess that's obvious. But I do want to report back what I found with Serious Seeds' Bubble Gum. I grew out 8 females, and did them all for 2 full 12/12 cycles.

I'm somewhat conflicted about how to say this, as I do have a lot of respect for SS and don't want to dis them. That said, I found this strain to be a huge let-down. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give this strain a 4. At most.

First off, there was wide variation in the offspring. It behaved much the way an F2 generation is supposed to, not the way an old-school legendary stabilized strain might.

The plants overall were really larfy... lots of air in the buds. How airy? Too airy to sell. They might have still been sellable if they were very potent or resiny or flavorful, but sadly they were none of those things. One of them was "okay", maybe a 6 out of 10. But I currently have a dozen strains that rate 9 or higher. My strains did as well as usual planted right next to these, so environmental factors can be ruled out.

The bottom line is this: a) low potency, b) larfy, c), inconsistent d), lacking in resin, e) most went 10 weeks or more.

So: this is not a strain I would recommend. If you were to grow out 100 or more you might start to see some winners, but even my own strains (Ruby Slipper, Cloud 9, Triffid) produce 95% winners from their seed offspring... so I wasn't too impressed. I threw 6 of the 8 onto the mulch pile. Ouch.

This was just my own experience. Others seem to have had better luck.

CM

og dmc

I remember I grew this out back in the day and there was a pole plant pheno that tasted exactly like Bazooka joe bubblegum.

Country Mon

DonChron said:
serious bubble gum is some serious shit...their entire line

Yeah. Well, my experience was entirely different.

This kind of comment was why I tried them, and the results were not as you describe. But one person's gold is another person's garbage, right? To each their own.

G

this is one phenom i have out of 4 seeds one was tall lanky .one was short 50 day strain looked like ther ak strain and one that is super frosty hard buds a stinks like a skunk. this is a picture of the one that is the dank .i still have 6 seeds left.

kathmandu

Nice plant there Dan, skunky bubblegum sounds tasty man!

the BG i grew out from Thseeds was very uniform, this was five years ago though so not sure if they are still putting out the same seeds using the same parents.

Last edited:

our kid

serious b/gum

serious b/gum

22828Picture_635.jpg
500/22828Picture_6261.jpg[/img]
22828Picture_634.jpg
:yeahthats

Latest posts

Latest posts