What's new

Serious Seeds AK-47 & Bubblegum, Ongoing Pictures, Advice Welcome!

Shafto

Someone please? Maybe I'll make another thread for this if no response..

What do I do? It's getting worse, spreading. All other plants seem to be ok still, except the one with slight yellowing, but it doesn't seem too bad at all, just a couple spots.

Hotphyer

Someone please? Maybe I'll make another thread for this if no response..

What do I do? It's getting worse, spreading. All other plants seem to be ok still, except the one with slight yellowing, but it doesn't seem too bad at all, just a couple spots.

Hey dude looks to me like nute burn i tried out tecnaflora products and all i did is burn them! you have to go real weak and feed every other watering and work your way up on strength!!

I just use mexican bat guano for veg. now really cheap and seems to work wonders, i make it into a tea kinda, just 1 tablespoon ber gallon, bubble it for a couple of hours and feed every other watering!

Just a little help ill sub'd in and help you out if needed!

Shafto

Day 25.

Watered this morning, and took clones just a couple minutes ago.

Couldn't fit a regular humidity dome in my space along with the other plants, so I made a couple by cutting 6" pots in half, and putting clear pot trays overtop.

I took a clone from each bubblegum, and 2 from the AK47.

Can see a picture of my burned bubblegum too. The clone I took has no burning on it, doesn't look like she's getting any worse now anyway. Hopefully will come back soon. Should I remove the burnt leaves? Or just let them stay put?

In a few days I might put the bubblegum moms into 12/12 so I know which clones are girls, unless they end up showing within the next week or two, maybe I should just take care of all the clones like my daughters until the moms naturally show. I'm still not entirely sure what my plan is. I just want to find out what's what while stressing my plants the least. I want to get some budding pretty bad, so I don't want to retard any growth:)

Attachments

• day 25a.jpg
    day 25a.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 9
  • day 25b.jpg
    day 25b.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 12
  • day 25c.jpg
    day 25c.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 7
  • day 25d.jpg
    day 25d.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 9

Shafto

No love for the homemade clone-domes?

I was looking around and I can see nice white roots growing out the bottom of the 6" pots! I didn't think they'd be filled out like that quite yet.

Pretty much week 4, still waiting to see some pre-flowers. C'mon C'mon!

Two of my bubblegums really stink like weed already, and the other two don't. The two that stink were also more developed, until I burned them. I think they're the girls.

C

camoxnhx

I know that smell! Bubblegum smells sooooooo dank. Think it smells good now wait till flower! My Hawiian Crack is only 2 months and she smells like a mix between kerosine and pepper with a weed twist to it. But you plants are looking fine indeed! watching!

Much Love To home made Clone-Domes. Always worked the charm for me!

Devilboy

GROW IS LOOKING GREAT!!!i personally would wait and let them show sex on there own but that's just meas far as the burn cut the burnt part of the leafs off ..i tried thecna once and really didn't like it much plus i fell in love with advanced nutes they are very easy to use and plants seem to love them allot i use the a-b with the hobbyist -master additives . but keep up the great work if u end up with a male bubblegum hell use a clone from the ak and in a separate room breed them that would be a mix i wouldnt mind trying...never waste a male ..lmaooo

BrainSellz

Veteran
but then I've heard not all strains will show until you go 12/12

I think any strain will show its sex after awhile regardles of the 12/12 cycle I believe

Bro from all my experience with AK 47 it seems like it likes a light feeding when fed, though many different phenos do many different things it seems you might have a pheno with similar characteristics as the one that I have, In your case I would feed at .8 ec or 420ppm every 3rd watering. When the leaves curl like that usually it means they are loaded with nutes so take notice when they start looking heavy and clawing, (they start to look like they are clawing for life:) 8 days of pure water if you havent already should straighten them out, do not feed them anything after they have been over fed for atleast 8 days. Hope your plants are doing better

Why is your RO water 5.5 pH? It should be 7 pH.

If I am not mistaken most or all R/O water comes out at around 5-6 ph

Shafto

Nice Nug qwerty, and I love the organic hydro AK grow Bsellz, I'll be following that one up.

I think I may have the first preflower! I basically watched it happen! I've been keeping a sharp on eye these plants, as I'm pretty excited about the whole thing, finally growing some designer strains for myself.

I swear it wasn't there earlier this morning, I just went back and it looks like another is starting form preflowers!

These looks like the start of a male to me, but I've never seen a male before, only fem hermi bagseed. Odd that this is one of the stinky ones though!

What do you guys think? dude? I suppose it'll be much more evident tomorrow.

I made a couple faint red arrows pointing to the preflowers, or, what I think are preflowers anyway!

Attachments

• male pre.jpg
    male pre.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 7

Shafto

I can't believe how fast it's developing!

I'm 99% sure it's a guy. little flap, I pulled it down gently with a toothpick, little ball at the base of the flap.

Another plant is showing the beginnings too, but it looks different, pretty sure it's a girl.

Odd that the stinky plants are looking to be the guys, and the plant smelling ones seem to be the girls.. maybe the ladies save the scent for the buds :)

This makes me happy, as I think my ladies are going to be the two that aren't burnt, and have healthier looking clones.

Shafto

I think this one is a female preflower, no pistils, but it is pear shaped, and looks like it has a white dot, the beginning of a pistil hopefully!

Attachments

• female pre.jpg
    female pre.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 7

Devilboy

that is deff a lady ...u will know without question if you got a male you will see a shitload of lil ball sacks what you got is one fine lady ....

BrainSellz

Veteran
that is deff a lady ...u will know without question if you got a male you will see a shitload of lil ball sacks what you got is one fine lady ....
From the photo its still hard to tell, maybe its just my eyes :)
Just make sure its a male, sometimes its hard to tell untill you see those two lil pistils or that one ball since the male only puts out one nut at first (on the side of each node to be specific), from what i have experienced.

Glad to hear the girls look to be the ones in better shape, im tuned in.

And another thing about those stinky males, they usually make for a good dad if the structure is right, just for future reference.
Good day to all

C

camoxnhx

yea do some study into saving male pollen sacks for breeding. Ive done some crazy cross breeds like Mazar Afghan X OG KUSH (male) Hogs Breath (female). Had some dankies from it. Still got some seeds some were in my box of hope (seed stash) :)

Shafto

Snapped some more pics of very early preflowers.

There don't seem to be too many around, mostly just ones that have developed to the point of obviousness, which doesn't really help! I know it's not imperative that I know as soon as possble, but I'm excited, and I find it interesting.

I have basically three different looking preflowers from what I can tell, obviously there are only two, but it looks like three!

The first pic if of what I believe to be the female, the same pic that I posted last, but today. It looks like it's got a nice hair going!

The second picture is what looks to be a male to me, look like balls.

The third picture here, is of the first plant to start showing, the same one that I took a pic of on the last post of page 2. It's growing spikes, with no hairs, no balls. I'm not quite sure what's going on with this one.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• female pre day 2.jpg
    female pre day 2.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 10
  • male pre B.jpg
    male pre B.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 10
  • male pre day 2.jpg
    male pre day 2.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 10

Shafto

Anyone have any idea what the "spike" is?

The girl is definitely a girl, she's got two distinct hairs now. Yay!

Spike is still doing his/her thing with spikes.

Balls looks more like a boy every day, I'm thinking I should probably get rid of him pretty quick. Very nice male plant, nice and bushy, but I just don't have the experience to want to start trying to breed right now.

I decided that the AK47 mom is going into bud, she's too beautiful not to bud. 7 tops all at perfect height, would have been 8 if I didn't take a clone. No real training, just topped it once and pushed the fan leaves bellow the shoots coming up from bellow, and it looks fantastic!

...So, I transplanted her into a 5 gallon last night. Give ger a couple weeks to recover and make some more roots, and then into the bud she goes.

I have a clone from her to keep the strain. I didn't want to start taking clones from a clone, the debate seems to continually rage over there is any ill effect from doing this, but I just can't justify waiting to veg another plant big enough to bud while I'm buying an OZ every 2 weeks for $180 to smoke. (vaporize)

Maybe I can reveg her after the bud, and save the original mom anyway.

qwerty

Clone of a clone will be OK, just select the most vigorous.

The spikes are normal for females, just foliage.

Revegging is of course not a problem either if you have the time.

Shafto

It's not the usual two spikes on the stem. It's something else. I think it's male, and it just grew big spikey flaps before any balls, unlike the other male. Also looks as though one stinky in a male, and one stinky in a female. Weirdo!