What's new

SERIOUS PROBLEM WITH HEMP RUSSET MITES! PLEASE HELP!

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
i think i may have these ass well im on a forbid mighty wash floramite regiment... also ive heard sulfur works well too just wont eradicate them....

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
Are there some kind of predators you can release a day or so after an insecticide drench?

I imagine there is something out there what would love to much away on those things

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
im spraying a different insecticide every 3 days so its not needed for me -=P

Herborizer

Veteran
I was reading that these can be spread on dead/cured bud. That is really scary. The idea is that you can touch some weed at a collective and then infect your garden after.

GanjaPharma

wanna chime in here and confirm vag punchers FORBID 4F treatment.

the infested garden that i saw, has been treated twice over the past months, during the final week of veg, for two consecutive crops.

not a trace of the buggers anywhere, they are completely clean.

I have a bottle of 4f myself, and one thing i can say about it, is that it is much harder on the girls than floramite. turning the lights off for a day seems to reduce tissue burn.

anyway VagPuncher beat me to...ahh..the punch...but i wanted to +1

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
damage from thrips in late flower

damage from thrips in late flower

picture.php

this plant is week 9 just begining to flush
picture.php

def this plant is being hurt by hemp russet mites.
i was able to control the mites in most of the room, only this plant turned out very damaged, low yeild, low trich count, burnt leaves similar to nute burn or root aphid damage (there aint shit in my soil tho, i have looked)

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the safer garden fungicide worked really well for me, as did the iso (i think) they definitely took hold of a few weak plants in my flower room (that i treated very well) im finding now maybe 3 plants hit very hard by them out of 70 or so that;s not so bad, imo

Talonted

If you are OK using AVID in your garden why not call up R.Regan and pick up some of his Agent Orange while your at it. Worked well on the vietnamese.

Someone in here posted Garlic, red pepper and something else boiled down. Dont boil it, one clove of garlic and equal amount of white or red onion with 1 liter of water in a blender then foliar it to problem area, great for aphids, add a drop or 2 of dish soap and its good for anything moving. smells funny but at least you know you are smoking something that came from dirt as well.

bobblehead

Veteran
I beat them with a rotation of Forbid 4F and Malathion from Home Depot. I used SM-90 as a wetting agent. Russet mites suck.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hemp Russet Mite Damage in late flower

Hemp Russet Mite Damage in late flower

hope this helps identify the damage done by these lil assholes....

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

bobblehead

Veteran
I'm only sharing what worked for me. I hear if the plants are small enough that you can give them a warm water bath @ 110F, that's supposed to kill the mites... I needed something a little more hardcore than that. They just kept coming back. I only use forbid and malathion in veg. Now I don't have to spray for mites, cause they're all dead.

Budsworth

If you are OK using AVID in your garden why not call up R.Regan and pick up some of his Agent Orange while your at it. Worked well on the vietnamese.

Someone in here posted Garlic, red pepper and something else boiled down. Dont boil it, one clove of garlic and equal amount of white or red onion with 1 liter of water in a blender then foliar it to problem area, great for aphids, add a drop or 2 of dish soap and its good for anything moving. smells funny but at least you know you are smoking something that came from dirt as well.

We're not making garlic bread here. These things are no joke. I know people like to use their organic hippie cures. Try to use those types of treatments on Hemp Russet Mites...you get a bunch of live Hemp Russet Mites that smell like "garlic, red pepper and something else". I promise it won't do a lick of good against their population.

Do not fuck around with these things. Avid. In several treatments. When you get something as virulent a pest as HRM or Root Aphids, these organic treatments are nifty for you to brag about using...they just aren't going to do anything in the way of eradicating these pests.

I would strongly suggest most of you pick up some tobacco seeds and start growing it in your veg/flower rooms, just like you would your ladies nice and clean but, treat each other with one another..ie. tobacco tea for the cannabis and a cannabis tea for your tobacco. I found as soon as i started taking care of my soil and all the living things around it the simple things do work.keep it simple..budsworth :)

Allendawg

Throw it in the garbage!! Too far gone!! Unless you know someone who would buy it! When it comes to hard vs soft pesticides Growers really need to understand they are exposing themselves to dangerous chems even if they suit up and you do it grow after grow expect an unhealthy retirement! Lots of guys are able to harvest clean looking buds after infestations @ the moment they have a 50 50 chance the buyer won't break open the bud & see the damage! It won't be long before it's zero chance buyers figure it out! The most important question is "how did you get them"?