What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sensi's infamous Jack Herer??

Team Microbe

Veteran
i have a female Sensi Jack Herrer that i just sexed from a pair of freebie reg seeds...leaving me with a decent male so far...nice stretchy structure on both.......here is a pic of a nice JH cross ..Sourjack from karma(karmas pic)DJXX
View Image

That.... is centerfold-worthy. Much respect brother!

I see your RedEye logo down there... I'm running some purple elephant x ortega outside this year. Ever tried?

Kalyx

Love jack one of my all time favs. used to grow back in the day both sensi and nirvana this was around 2000-2002, both stock was great back then.

I thought I had used all of my jack beans long long ago... wasn't I surprised when doing some spring cleaning a couple of weeks ago and I stumbled upon an unopened pack of jack herer from back in 2000.:woohoo:

A little excited to say the least. I have no idea what the stock is like these days but back in 2000 it was fire.:biggrin:

VirginHarvester

Veteran
The Sann-ies would be a great start since they have worked the line many times for consistency.

I'm familiar with S@nnies line and have wondered about his "Jack". It's never been clear how close it is to Sensi's JH. I'm not sure what it means that one half is the JH #22. It looks like S@nnies blows up into huge magnificent buds but is it real Jack?

One thing I've noticed from shopping in LA is there are often incredible batches of Jack to be found and when I find a good one it reminds me of the last batch I picked up at a different club. I guess what I'm saying is it seems like JH is remarkably stable and consistent. But what I don't know when I'm shopping is whose Jack it really is. Just because a club has what appears(looks, smell, effect) Jack doesn't mean it's Sensi's Jack.

$250 seems ridiculous but if I were to come up with a mom that produces those lemony, soothing, brain-candy buds it would seem well worth it. Wonder if a good pheno is likely from a single pack? I guess if I were going to spend $250 I might as well go ahead and get a pack of S@nnies and Nirvana's just to see.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Sammies Jack is like an F8 so it could be pretty far from what you'd find in Sensi's Jack today.

I think the Jack #22 was a Jack Herer cut that was sourced in the Dam, that is if I remember the old story correctly.

Team Microbe

Veteran
I'm familiar with S@nnies line and have wondered about his "Jack". It's never been clear how close it is to Sensi's JH. I'm not sure what it means that one half is the JH #22. It looks like S@nnies blows up into huge magnificent buds but is it real Jack?

One thing I've noticed from shopping in LA is there are often incredible batches of Jack to be found and when I find a good one it reminds me of the last batch I picked up at a different club. I guess what I'm saying is it seems like JH is remarkably stable and consistent. But what I don't know when I'm shopping is whose Jack it really is. Just because a club has what appears(looks, smell, effect) Jack doesn't mean it's Sensi's Jack.

$250 seems ridiculous but if I were to come up with a mom that produces those lemony, soothing, brain-candy buds it would seem well worth it. Wonder if a good pheno is likely from a single pack? I guess if I were going to spend $250 I might as well go ahead and get a pack of S@nnies and Nirvana's just to see.

well said man. I've got one of Sensi's in veg right now so I'm excited to get her in the flowering tent..

JKD

Veteran
I am sure S@nnies Jack would be close to the original, but which pheno?

At F8 S@nnies Jack is apparently stable for his selection criteria. If his preferences are different than yours then you might not be able to find the Jack you seek regardless of whether it contains only Sensi JH genes or not. The original Jack was/is a poly-hybrid and produced/es many phenos to choose from.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
There is a old jack clone that goes around socal... bet thats why u see such similar samples out diff places...

Fly by Night

Like a Wing
Veteran
Remember sanneis gave me the purple scarecrow and green wookie phenos

picture.php

picture.php

Stdane

Sammies Jack is like an F8 so it could be pretty far from what you'd find in Sensi's Jack today.

I think the Jack #22 was a Jack Herer cut that was sourced in the Dam, that is if I remember the old story correctly.

Maybe so,but s@nnies Jack kicks ass in every appartment taste,high and yield.To me it's the perfect pheno he extracted from Jack Herer and now at F8.Granted Karma's Sour Jack is very nice too,but here we've got a Sour Diesel Ibl as a mother and therefore a little hard to compare to a Jack Herer inbred line.Both top notch but a little like compairing a motorcycle to a car.:tiphat:

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Maybe so,but s@nnies Jack kicks ass in every appartment taste,high and yield.To me it's the perfect pheno he extracted from Jack Herer and now at F8.Granted Karma's Sour Jack is very nice too,but here we've got a Sour Diesel Ibl as a mother and therefore a little hard to compare to a Jack Herer inbred line.Both top notch but a little like compairing a motorcycle to a car.:tiphat:

You're thinking of Karma's Sour Jack, he had a straight Karma's Jack at one point that was inbred much like Sa-nnies.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
In my opinion buying from Sensi is by definition the worst option and not only because of the ridiculous price but because:

-Seeds weren't bred by the same breeder (Nevil).
-Seeds aren't made from the same parent stock, most probably attempts to recreate it.
-Seeds aren't made in the same way.

Notice that because of the dutch law reform around 2000, all the dutch seedbanks (except Mr Nice, that moved to Switzerland at the time) were forced to stop their huge breeding operations and many lost their original parent stock in police raids. This is the true reason behind the quality drop, changes and why people looks for pre2000 dutch strains.

Nowadays probably the seeds are outsourced and produced bulk in cabinets in Holland or Spain by growers who don't really give a damn about the seed quality, because they get paid maximum 20 cent per seed. But that doesn't really matter, as we know that all the dutch seedbanks are already living from the fame they got in the 90s and what their strains used to be during that decade.

As for 5annie's or Karma... Karma actually used 5annie's stock to bred his Karma's Jack. As far as I know they made a selection on JH from old Sensi stock and worked on those for several generations, later outcrossed it to 5annie's Jack where they found a nice stud and from that offpsring, Karma's Jack was made with JH#12 and JH#22 plants (same used in other crosses as Jack O Nesia and so on).

Karma seems to have more diverse phenos, ranging from their Sensi's cut to 5annie's plant and in between, while 5annie's are more homogeneus (they have been inbred for 7 generations as far as I read), dense and compact but the high is nice and all have that lemony smell. Any of them would be a great option and better than Sensi's. Nirvana used to sell F2 from Jack Herer as well (Jock Horror, also sold by The Sativa Seedbank which shares catalogue) what they sell now or if they still keep those old Jacks to make the seeds I don't really know,but it sounds uncertain. Anyway Nirvana was actually one of the first seed repackers selling budget priced F2 from renowned strains and seedbanks so they had indeed great stuff at ridiculous prices, great vintage dutch and american genetics as well from Positronics when they went bankrupt in 96-98 and all their employees robbed stuff and started their own seedbanks from the scratch (Nirvana, High Quality Seeds, The Sativa Seedbank and so on).

Anyway, I think JH is a bit overrated. There are so many lemony haze hybrids around at the moment. You have the SSH, a later work of Nevil with those same genetics (Skunk/HazeC X NL5/HazeC) and also Mango Haze, Shanti's approach of a more fruity sativa and the most underrated of all of them. Amnesia Core and Super Lemon Haze are also selections of the same genetics. Just different approaches but to be honest the difference is just incidental. They are all skunk/haze lemony commercial hybrids and like most dutch and commercial euro-genetics, most taste and smoke the same because they are all close relatives.

I bet you can find more special stuff and variety to choose keepers in a big selection run of Original haze X Skunk by CC (this is a big ass work made with thousands of plants), Skunk/Haze or even NL5/Haze, from those lemony hazes to other different interesting phenos but hey, it's just my opinion, I don't really have a big crush on dutch commercials and after all, tall those haze hybrids are based on this strains lol.

vibes.

Last edited: