What's new

Sensi Seeds - still good or are the rumors true??

K

kopite

Why do they use MLI to breed with? esp if it's a F1 hybrid with Skunk in it? makes no sense...

Another legend that inspired a legend story, would be the one that led to Marley’s Collie. In 1997, the Cannabis Cup was taking place with Mrs. Rita Marley as a special guest. It is after this event that the Sensi Seeds team of breeders decided to work on an homage to her departed husband, Bob Marley. Thus, Marley’s Collie was born in 1998, from our most exceptional Jamaican lady, pollinated with a pure Afghani cultivar from the delightfully sweet Maple Leaf Indica family. As the only Sensi Seeds strain inspired by a major cultural representative of the cannabis community, it certainly bears major importance to us, and we are proud to have witnessed it conquer the hearts and taste buds of our loyal followers.

If they have a male from the MLI original line then they have a female even if it's the Ort15... you just have to look at the pics of both the MLI and the JM to see that the male passes on some dominant traits..

GoatCheese

Veteran
Why do they use MLI to breed with? esp if it's a F1 hybrid with Skunk in it? makes no sense...

If they have a male from the MLI original line then they have a female even if it's the Ort15... you just have to look at the pics of both the MLI and the JM to see that the male passes on some dominant traits..
MLI is not a F1-Skunk hybrid, as Nevil states. It's only 25% Skunk. The rest 75% consist of three different pure "Maple Leaf" sisters, An Ortega phenotype, Afg-S and Afg-T = three sisters, all pure Mazar i Sharif afghanis from/via Jim Ortega.

Afg-S and Afg-T were crossed to a Skunk male.
Afg-T is also in Ultra/Super Skunk.

So the real make-up of the original version of MLI is
(Ortega#15 x Afg-T/Skunk#1) x (Ortega#15 x Afg-S/Skunk#1) ..or the other way around.
:)

K

kopite

MLI is not a F1-Skunk hybrid, as Nevil states. It's only 25% Skunk. The rest 75% consist of three different pure "Maple Leaf" sisters, An Ortega phenotype, Afg-S and Afg-T = three sisters, all pure Mazar i Sharif afghanis from/via Jim Ortega.

Afg-S and Afg-T were crossed to a Skunk male.
Afg-T is also in Ultra/Super Skunk.

So the real make-up of the original version of MLI is
(Ortega#15 x Afg-T/Skunk#1) x (Ortega#15 x Afg-S/Skunk#1) ..or the other way around.

He doesn't state that at all, he states he crossed the Ort15 to those males not that they are MLI... you are then guessing he/they did a cross of the 2... they had/have original Maple leaf seeds.. Nev never sold the hybrid you describe did he?

he also said:

10-15-2010, 09:42 PM
Nevil
user_offline.gif

Breeder

icon1.gif

Quote:
Nev if you know the pheno that I am talking about does it come via afghan T or afghan S crossed into the Ortega 15?
I know exactly what you are talking about. It's Maple Leaf AfgT, which I crossed with Ort15 male which was also pure Maple Leaf. This was the most indica ML male. This male dominated most things it was put to. Because of this males dominance, you had to grow a few plants to find the AfgT type. It also didn't have the yield I wanted so I didn't release it then. SB was right to use this line as it is one of the few sources left of the Pure Maple Leaf. When it is crossed to an Indica/Sativa out of AfgT or it's sister AfgS, I'm expecting some extreme shit.
N.
So is the Ort15 male or female or a line? anyway it would seem this is the male used by sensi

GoatCheese

Veteran
He doesn't state that at all, he states he crossed the Ort15 to those males not that they are MLI... you are then guessing he/they did a cross of the 2... they had/have original Maple leaf seeds.. Nev never sold the hybrid you describe did he?

he also said:

So is the Ort15 male or female or a line? anyway it would seem this is the male used by sensi

Yea ...i think you have missed something along the way.
I already replied to you on that with a quote from Nevil himself about the make-up of Sensi's MLI.

I changed the text color to red for the important bits, good man.:)

Here's my post you prolly missed earlier:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=7725262&postcount=125
-
-
The quote you posted yourself...

Notice, Nevil is talking about pure Maple Leaf ...not Sensi's Maple-Leaf-INDICA(MLI). Two different things.
I already explained this to you in my earlier post, the one you just quoted. Try actually reading it.
-
-
Yes, in the quote you posted, Nevil's talking about a MALE ortega, while the Ortega he used in Sensi's MLI was a female.

Ortega or "Ort" is a line, females and males, isolated from the Mazar i Sharif afghan seeds Nevil got from Jim Ortega.
Nevil sold these seeds at first as "Maple Leaf Wilson mix" or something like that. This is the "Pure Maple Leaf" Nevil's talking about in that quote you posted.

Sensi Seeds' MLI is 75% made of genetics from the "Maple Leaf Wilson mix" and 25% from Skunk#1.

Come on..

Half of my hair is going gray because of this, dude!! LOL :biggrin:

K

kopite

Yea ...i think you have missed something along the way.
I already replied to you on that with a quote from Nevil himself about the make-up of Sensi's MLI.

I changed the text color to red for the important bits, good man.:)

Here's my post you prolly missed earlier:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=7725262&postcount=125
-
-
The quote you posted yourself...

Notice, Nevil is talking about pure Maple Leaf ...not Sensi's Maple-Leaf-INDICA(MLI). Two different things.
I already explained this to you in my earlier post, the one you just quoted. Try actually reading it.
-
-
Yes, in the quote you posted, Nevil's talking about a MALE ortega, while the Ortega he used in Sensi's MLI was a female.

Ortega or "Ort" is a line, females and males, isolated from the Mazar i Sharif afghan seeds Nevil got from Jim Ortega.
Nevil sold these seeds at first as "Maple Leaf Wilson mix" or something like that. This is the "Pure Maple Leaf" Nevil's talking about in that quote you posted.

Sensi Seeds' MLI is 75% made of genetics from the "Maple Leaf Wilson mix" and 25% from Skunk#1.

Come on..

Half of my hair is going gray because of this, dude!! LOL :biggrin:

There's no need to be condescending, I read it! but simply don't take from it what you do..
10-27-2010, 06:43 AM
Nevil
Breeder

Quote:
Neville, did all MLI, Ortega etc. get selected out of the "maple leaf wilson" mix you offered back at seed bank
Yep.
Quote:
I have been wondering what ortega Ed Rosenthal released?
Well he got the real ML from me, I don't know what he has done with it.
I guess it's all about your reading of that... (could be he meant the ort15 and afgT etc or the lines/parentals for Ortega and MLI....)

Nev used a clone with 3 ortega releases, which is the one Ed got to Switzerland for Steve, which I think would be the ort15... I think he also got a seed line ort15xort3 but not sure on that...

LostTribe

Premium user
I love y'all but I am out of the MLI discussion. Here is a pic of the 2 different Sensi Northern Lights I popped a few weeks ago from their current seed stock. Check out those super FAT leaves a true indica!

picture.php

Burt

Veteran
So current sensi seed stock is germinating just fine?
Lol,,,I knew it
There is no ethics in the seedy biz
When I first encountered sensi genetics in the early 1990's, I knew they were something very special indeed
Don't let the haters and profiteers get to you
My only regret is not holding onto the Hawaiian indica they no longer sell seeds of-that was a mighty fine line and that dad was a stud-I felt his genes in early girl too but I may be wrong
Amaaazing looking youngsters lost tribe

GoatCheese

Veteran
So current sensi seed stock is germinating just fine?
I had 5/5 germ rate from Black Domina awile ago, but that's the only Sensi strain i have grown so far.

About the Hawaiian..
Have tried MrNice's Spice? ..it has probably the same Hawaiian indica strain in it, but i'm only guessing.

Spice is Hawaiian sativa x Hawaiian indica.
I have thought about these seeds many times , but never bought a pack.

GoatCheese

Veteran
There's no need to be condescending, I read it! but simply don't take from it what you do..
I guess it's all about your reading of that... (could be he meant the ort15 and afgT etc or the lines/parentals for Ortega and MLI....)

Nev used a clone with 3 ortega releases, which is the one Ed got to Switzerland for Steve, which I think would be the ort15... I think he also got a seed line ort15xort3 but not sure on that...

Kopite..

If you can't get it thru your head that Sensi's MLI and this "Maple Leaf Wilson mix" are two different things, then that's fine.

You talk about my attitude, yet it's you who's wrong about this, and apparently can't admit that you're wrong. Grow up. learn to admit when you made a mistake. Don't blame others and their attitude when people get frustrated when you can't get the simplest of things right, while you keep blaming the other guy.

..And all that was needed, was for you to read Nevil's quote a little better and the questions he was asked.

Don't bother replying or hit me with a PM if it's that important.

Now i'm done with MLI. There's nothing more i can say about it.
Peace. Over.

ganjagalore

They can't state that they lost the original parents because admitting that would mean that they had to start fresh from seed and are now selling F2s or worse to the public at their original prices :laughing:

Yep, that's what I thought! And that was also the conclusion after contacting them. Then again, would be best to just buy some and try and see first hand.

Kreeper

I was a die hard sensi for life supporter in 2000, but they've completely changed this comes not from someone just talking I grew there stock since late 80's but after 2005 their stuff went to shit. Those that haven't grown old school sensi vs new sensi can not accurately give a report. I'm not trying to upset anyone but imo that's just how I feel.

Alatrist

I grew some fem superskunk this year and well...
2 of 4 were complete hermis, when I say this I mean more balls than buds.
Of the other two, one had quite a few male flowers but I could control it. One was a big yielder and potent, but the final result wasn't anything remarkable, it had almost no smell or taste. The other one, the one with the few male flowers, had a bit more of taste and smell but also wasn't anything remarkable.
Herms and mediocre results, I won't grow sensi seeds any more.

Cheers.

Kreeper

I grew some fem superskunk this year and well...
2 of 4 were complete hermis, when I say this I mean more balls than buds.
Of the other two, one had quite a few male flowers but I could control it. One was a big yielder and potent, but the final result wasn't anything remarkable, it had almost no smell or taste. The other one, the one with the few male flowers, had a bit more of taste and smell but also wasn't anything remarkable.
Herms and mediocre results, I won't grow sensi seeds any more.

Cheers.

That's a shame back in the day sensi was the bomb, I've gone thru about 4 packs of afghan #1 looking for what I had years ago but it's not even close to the same

IM$

I dont know if its strain specific but I got seeds this summer in the ´Dam of Sensi skunk #1 and I grew out 4 of them. 100% germ rate two girls that were great, both huge yields, and a keeper. She has a funky lemony scent, huge buds, and the high is upbeat and giggly. old school, everyone that smokes it loves it.

LostTribe

Premium user
I was a die hard sensi for life supporter in 2000, but they've completely changed this comes not from someone just talking I grew there stock since late 80's but after 2005 their stuff went to shit. Those that haven't grown old school sensi vs new sensi can not accurately give a report. I'm not trying to upset anyone but imo that's just how I feel.

I also grew a wide variety of Sensi stock around 2001 so I do have experience with them prior to this new stuff. I know a lot of seed banks like serious seeds have definitely gone to shit so I decided to see what I find in the Sensi Northern Lights. Seems like that was always the most popular strain of theirs back then.

I know seed bank stuff earlier on is an entire different world. If the NL is different I suspect all others maybe with the exception of Jack Herer to be re creations too. Hope to know more soon as I have 2 NL bushes now at about 24 inches vegging away with about 15 tops each.

Carraxe

Veteran
I also grew a wide variety of Sensi stock around 2001 so I do have experience with them prior to this new stuff. I know a lot of seed banks like serious seeds have definitely gone to shit so I decided to see what I find in the Sensi Northern Lights. Seems like that was always the most popular strain of theirs back then.

I know seed bank stuff earlier on is an entire different world. If the NL is different I suspect all others maybe with the exception of Jack Herer to be re creations too. Hope to know more soon as I have 2 NL bushes now at about 24 inches vegging away with about 15 tops each.

Northern Lights is garbage, and not what a NL should be. Their NL takes 10 weeks to mature and is not what expected. I had NL from several seed banks and Sensi's was the worse.

LostTribe

Premium user
Northern Lights is garbage, and not what a NL should be. Their NL takes 10 weeks to mature and is not what expected. I had NL from several seed banks and Sensi's was the worse.

Are you able to show pics or a grow report to back up those claims? What was the potency and smell like from sensi's vs your un named other NL's?

Mine look like the old ones in veg.

best
LT

SB7

Yes, Sensi isn't what it used to be.
Did a NL5/Haze in mid 90's and it was excellent.
Last year tried some Ed R super... utter crap.
Recently tried Jack FLash #5 FEM.. 5 for 5 were Male .. I know BS right ? They are FEM seeds...I must be mistaken... Ummh NO.
Normally I have a pretty good ratio of F to M with whatever I'm growing so the JFlash is certainly an anomaly for me, in my setup.
I also tried NL a couple of years back. I agree , it was nothing like the NL I had in early 90's.. not even close.
I will never again buy Sensi stock.

LostTribe

Premium user
Yes, Sensi isn't what it used to be.
Did a NL5/Haze in mid 90's and it was excellent.
Last year tried some Ed R super... utter crap.
Recently tried Jack FLash FEM.. 5 for 5 were Male.. I know BS right ?
Normally I have a pretty good ratio of F to M with whatever I'm growing so the JFlash is certainly and anomaly for me, in my setup.
I will never again buy Sensi stock.

I am still going thru with my Sensi Northern Lights to see what I find you never know until you get to the end.

Latest posts

Latest posts