What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sensi Seeds - still good or are the rumors true??

LostTribe

Premium user
It is my hope that this thread will eventually prove more informative with the additions of actual grow pics rather than what most of the other "rumor" threads with just a bunch of talking as you can only describe differences so much. Without actually seeing how other growers plants appear we are left to just imagine.

I transplanted all 3 of the Sensi Northern Lights from peat to hydroton on friday and I am hoping they will all perk up for some photos this coming week.

IF YOU HAVE PHOTOS OF SENSI SEEDS GEAR POST THEM!

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
1 of 2 Sensi FemSkunk

Moderate yield but very dense.

Attachments

• IMG_0536.jpg
    IMG_0536.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0538.jpg
    IMG_0538.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0537.jpg
    IMG_0537.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 22

GoatCheese

Veteran
There is not any Sk#1 in the MLI. MLI is a building block of the rest of Sensi's lines and was removed from Afghanistan's Mazar-I-Sharrif region long before the soviet invasion.

Hey..

Sorry LT, but you're wrong.

Here's a quote/reply from Nevil himself, the guy who created Maple Leaf Indica.

Q: "..maple leaf indica according to Ed R (same book) is: Female Ortega15 x Sam afghan skunk X male Skunk 18.5. Any idea if this is correct?"

Nevil said:

I don't know what Ed is calling Maple leaf.
Ortega 15 was Maple leaf. This was crossed with AfgTx Sk and AfgS x sk males.
AfgT and AfgS were both sisters and pure maple leaf. Maybe Ed thought that AfgS meant Afg(Sam). It doesn't. The hybrid Ed is talking about is 3/4 Maple Leaf.
N.
http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/59005-post21.html

:)

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is not any Sk#1 in the MLI. MLI is a building block of the rest of Sensi's lines and was removed from Afghanistan's Mazar-I-Sharrif region long before the soviet invasion. I don't see any pics disproving that the MLI is the same as back in the day. It had a sweet brown sugar sort of taste and a sharp smell.

My NL are 100% indica looking.

Too many people are too quick to jump on a thread and trash talk without so much as 1 picture? You have a guy trash talking not 1 but 4 separate strains and not 1 pic.

Thats because i tend to take pics only of the beauties. Will have a look but can't guarantee. You are however free to try for yourself. But i stay with my opinion about nearly everything i said. I don't beat on Sensi the whole day, as you can read. The Sensi Skunk and Super Skunk were really great, not much stretch, nice strong, not too sleepy indica stone, big nuggets! Love it! But for me its just not sufficient to excel in the one strain that a seed bank is known for. The other strains should play right up there too. Maybe my description of the MLI wasn't very accurate. It isn't a full blown sativa, but like their skunk#1, they were some kind of really stretchy plant with some indica-ish buds. They would have grown over 2 meters if i didn't train them. The MLI had also a more indica high and smell but very weak, the skunk#1 had a full on sativa smell and high. But both looked identical through all their phenos. I keep the Sensi Skunk and Super Skunk and let the MLI and the Skunk#1 go for good. I have nothing to add to my description of Early Girl and Fruity Juice. I bought them in Amsterdam,directly at their shop, to be sure i don't get fooled. But i were. The germination/survival rate of these were so bad. 4 of the Early girls made it. just to prove they were hemp and went to the garbage. I still have some pics of them somewhere. From the Fruity juice only two made it. One boy and one girl. The girl was a a full blown indica, ready in 45 days from flip with medium indica high. The male looked the same. Nothing like fruity thai or something. I even made some seeds to keep the early flowering trait but its just not as advertised. If i find the Early girl chop fotos, i will post them.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok here are some pics from the yesterdays.

First pic: Fruity Juice
album.php
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=70205&pictureid=1672275

Early Girl 1
album.php
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=70205&pictureid=1672274

Early Girl 2
album.php
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=70205&pictureid=1672273

Seeds were from 2012.

Sorry can't figure out how to place pics here, try to view my album:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=70205

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I'd like to hear a little about the pheno hunt in years past versus today. I remember an article about 15 years ago (total guess) in cannabis culture where someone grew out 30 Durban from Dutch passion and 30 from sensi. The dp were far more hours consistent and the sensi were all over the place with several pheno not even resembling Durban. My own experience with sensi is one pack of mothers finest with 0 germination rate. A sale pack of skunk 1 with poor germination rate 1 sweet female was ok, 1 kinda skunk hay smelling pheno that closely resembles some Mexi I yard to go through pounds of (crap). And a pack of black dom that had several similar pheno but none tasted great. One looked and weighed really well but I hated the high (or opposite of). I actually think great plants probably can be found in there. All of the were around 2010 or 2012 approximately.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I've been posting from my phone while high again. Typos all over the place in my previous post. Sorry. My nh 21 x oaxacan is getting the job done.

LostTribe

Premium user
Hey..

Sorry LT, but you're wrong.

Here's a quote/reply from Nevil himself, the guy who created Maple Leaf Indica.

Q: "..maple leaf indica according to Ed R (same book) is: Female Ortega15 x Sam afghan skunk X male Skunk 18.5. Any idea if this is correct?"

:)

Goat sorry but you are wrong dude. Nevil was talking about a hybrid made with MLI and SK dude. I will look it up again it came from Maple Leaf Wilson and I believe it was out of Oaktown.

I was right but not trying to start a fight brother just trying to make sure we get things straight here. Nevil states here that MLI is AfgT.

"09-02-2010
Nevil ( posted this on another forum thread )

The Maple Leaf came from a guy known to me as Jim Ortega. We traded seeds for a while. Not only did he supply me with Maple Leaf, but also Garlic Bud and Kush 4. The cannabis smoking world owes him a lot.

The Maple Leaf line provided me with a plant that I labeled Afghan T. This plant is the mother of Super/Ultra Skunk and also crossed well with HzC.

Kush 4, I crossed with NL2(which had the same Kush smell) and this Kush Hybrid is the foundation of todays Kush lines.

Garlic bud has also made it's presence felt and is part of todays super yielders.

Let me say one more thing about ML AfgT. This plant had exactly the same smell as Sams best SK1 but more so. It is the true Skunk archetype. I do not believe for one N.Y. minute that Afghani#1 is behind the SK1, which IMO gives credence to the Mendecino Joe story about SK1.

The world owes you a big Thank You Jim!
Let me be the first to say that I appreciate the work that you have done.
N."

As you can see Nevil even goes forward stating that MLI, AfgT, has the same smell/taste as Sam's SK1, implies that MLI, AfgT, was a building block used to create SK#1.

This is quoted from Seed Banks 1990 catalogue for the afghan mix. Maple leaf wilson bread the MLI and Jim Ortega, know as dogless on other forum, only passed these genetics to Nevil in seed form.

The Seed Bank 1990 Catalogue

Original Afghan Mix

This seed line comes directly from the collection of the late 'Maple Leaf' Wilson, reputedly one of the first collectors of true Afghan seeds. He was called 'Maple Leaf' because he grew some of the first lndicas that had been seen in America, and their broad leaves could only be compared to maple leaves. Our Afghan Mix was propagated from his original Afghan stock, completely unselected, therefore possessing all the variety that existed in the original gene pool. Due to the extreme variation that exists between the seedlings, this mix is recommended for serious breeders and collectors only.

Sold in special breeder's pack of 50 seeds. Price: $150

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^^ took the words right out of my mouth,,, snap!^^^^

I lost this round,,,see you on the next turn bro

Nevil created maple leaf,,,credit where credit is due,, he's due a lot ,, but not this one,,he just reproduced maple leaf,,granted he did bring it to us,,nl too,,,just a different sorta credit to the one stated eirlier

LostTribe

Premium user
^^^^ took the words right out of my mouth,,, snap!^^^^

I lost this round,,,see you on the next turn bro

Nevil created maple leaf,,,credit where credit is due,, he's due a lot ,, but not this one,,he just reproduced maple leaf,,granted he did bring it to us,,nl too,,,just a different sorta credit to the one stated eirlier

I did not mean Nevil any disrespect. He knew what he was doing and we owe him for the work he did getting these historic lines to the community. Without Nevil and the Seed Bank we would not have 90% of the material we have today.

To Mr. Nevil I say Cheers then Bru!

LT

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep,,, nev is a awesome ,,,he did us all a favour,,I just Like to be accurate without any embelishment

GoatCheese

Veteran
This is quoted from Seed Banks 1990 catalogue for the afghan mix. Maple leaf wilson bread the MLI and Jim Ortega, know as dogless on other forum, only passed these genetics to Nevil in seed form.

No MLI was made by Nevil, while the Mazari-afghan seed lot, Nevil got from Jim Ortega was names "Maple Leaf Wilson mix". So, it's you who's wrong.

..and what i'm about to explain to you, try to get this thru your head this second time, please, cause this is getting silly again.

MAPLE LEAF WILSON MIX (mazar i Sharif) was the seed lot from which Nevil found the Orterga-line, AfgT and AfgS .
But...
Sensi Seeds' MAPLE LEAF INDICA is a hybrid of Ortega, AfgT, AfgS females ..and Skunk#1 male.

These are two different things/varities, that you seem to believe are the same. They're not.

Read the quotes from Nevil, good man!!!! ...really read them and don't start adding your own conclusions before you get to the finish.
See, i'm pretty sure Nevil knows better than you what is in Sensi's MLI, cause he made it. OK?

Here's the reply from Nevil ...again ...in which he is talking about the genetics of Sensi Seeds' MLI ..not "maple leaf Wilson mix" ..but Maple Leaf INDICA
Notice that the guy asking the Q is talking about Sensi's Maple Leaf INDICA

He's asking if Ed Rosenthal's description of Sensi's MLI is correct in Ed's book.

Nevil said:
I don't know what Ed is calling Maple leaf.
Ortega 15 was Maple leaf. This was crossed with AfgT
x Sk and AfgS x sk males.
AfgT and AfgS were both sisters and pure maple leaf. Maybe Ed thought that AfgS meant Afg(Sam). It doesn't.
The hybrid Ed is talking about is 3/4 Maple Leaf.
N.

..and so MLI is also 1/4 Skunk #1. OK?

Don't make this more difficult than it actually is.

LostTribe

Premium user
Dude your last quote even says AfgT and AfgS are sisters, "Pure Maple Leaf". Also SK#1 has both Acapulco and columbian golds in it so that would cause some sativa in the strain, but Maple Leaf Indica has always been listed and 100% Indica.

From Sensi Seeds
A relatively new release as a seed, this fat, sticky hash-makers’ plant has long been prized for its sparkling coating of resin glands and syrupy sweet citrus bouquet. Maple Leaf Indica is bred from precious, vintage Afghanica gene-stock – parent plants that have formed part of several important Sensi Seeds hybrids and which represent one of the surviving strains behind original Mazar-i-Sharif hashish.

The direct forebears of Maple Leaf Indica were brought out of Afghanistan just before the Soviet invasion and older smokers lucky enough to have visited the region in its peaceful era may find this variety to be a taste – and a blast – from the past. Some of the earliest western references to the Maple Leaf parent strain describe both the plant and the hashish produced from it as “renowned throughout the Hindu Kush and the whole of the Middle East as the best there is.”

Even by the high standards of the region, Mazar-i-Sharif is a celebrated centre of cannabis and hashish culture, and prior to the Eighties its reputation was greater still. Situated just inside Afghanistan’s northern border, the town’s proximity to the territory of the former USSR made it one of the very first areas to be affected by the invasion. This threat was perhaps the only reason that the traditional cultivators of the Maple Leaf parent strain allowed it to leave their possession, and the collector who received the original seeds made it a personal mission to preserve this unique Indica.

The exodus of sublime Afghani genotypes during that period changed the face of ganja cultivation around the world and western growers have literally reaped the benefits ever since. Maple Leaf represents one of the finest Afghanica varieties ever seen outside the region, back-crossed to express the purity of her ancestors. This strain quickly and easily produces solid buds that drip with crystal and sugary orange-grapefruit flavours. While not the biggest-yielding Afghani in the Sensi collection, Maple Leaf Indica tops the list for resin production and has always been one of our personal favourites.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Well, LT bro..
I think we should go with what Nevil himself says about Sensi's MLI.
We also have to keep in mind that he was the breeder for Sensi Seeds when he created MLI, so Sensi-peeps might not fully know the real make-up of MLI.
.. maybe they like to keep things somewhat secret, dunno. But i'm gonna go with what Nevil says.

I haven't personally grown MLI yet, thou i have few packs waiting, but along with the Skunk#1 genes in it, also the Ortega-maple leaf is a strech-indica(..as the real "Black Domina" is advertised) and the blades on the leaves aren't very fat.

I think my Domina-girl (pictured few pages ago) is quite pure expression of the Ortega-type, but i'm no expert. Looks like them,strech-indica, and it just fits what Nevil said about Ortega ..it's "hashy goodness" and that's what my Domina is.

also..

What i have read about old Mazari-lines, back in the day they were quite tall, so it's possible there is also "giant indica"-traits from old Mazari hash cultivars in MLI. ..but i'm speculating

Anyways..
I hope they still make good MLI seeds cause mine aren't that old, bought 2-3 years ago.

Peace. :)

LostTribe

Premium user
Well, LT bro..
I think we should go with what Nevil himself says about Sensi's MLI.
We also have to keep in mind that he was the breeder for Sensi Seeds when he created MLI, so Sensi-peeps might not fully know the real make-up of MLI.
.. maybe they like to keep things somewhat secret, dunno. But i'm gonna go with what Nevil says.

I haven't personally grown MLI yet, thou i have few packs waiting, but along with the Skunk#1 genes in it, also the Ortega-maple leaf is a strech-indica(..as the real "Black Domina" is advertised) and the blades on the leaves aren't very fat.

I think my Domina-girl (pictured few pages ago) is quite pure expression of the Ortega-type, but i'm no expert. Looks like them,strech-indica, and it just fits what Nevil said about Ortega ..it's "hashy goodness" and that's what my Domina is.

also..

What i have read about old Mazari-lines, back in the day they were quite tall, so it's possible there is also "giant indica"-traits from old Mazari hash cultivars in MLI. ..but i'm speculating

Anyways..
I hope they still make good MLI seeds cause mine aren't that old, bought 2-3 years ago.

Peace. :)

I guess you may be correct but as you can see Nevil might have referred to Maple leaf and Maple Leaf Indica. That sort of confused me if you see those quotes I posted.

Yes I agree hope they are still nice.

Latest posts

Latest posts