What's new

Sensi Seeds - still good or are the rumors true??

Y

Yard dog

G `day 3x B

I think you will find Nirvana seeds was set up by some folks from Positronics Seed bank .

They had a lot of old SK Man gear too .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Wernard got f**ked over by most of the staff at positronics, I don't know if Nirvana were a part of that, but seem to remember Wernard saying 1 employee just took a big bag of seeds (all mixed up)to start a company, I can't remember which company though....

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=149312

(and sorry for going off topic!)

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
I got ahold of a Nirvana "Black Berry" cut released in 2011, the mom was purchased from Attitude as a seed... To this day it's a top 3 for me. I wish I could get that pheno back.

I have purchased so many "Black Berry "such n such"" looking for something similar, it's just not there.

desert.. same for us... that 'jock horror' lady we had is gone.... it seems never to be found again...

therevverend

Veteran
It's a little sad because Sensi had so many great strains that were so influential in the lives of many growers. Early Pearl, Northern Lights, Early Girl, I have fond memories of growing this stuff when it was the best available. Early Pearl was good stuff and it actually finished outdoors here. Everybody growing in the 80s and 90s grew Northern Lights.
Hashplant still might be my favorite strain for yield, effect, consistency, and quick harvest. When it looked done it was done. No waiting around for 2-3 weeks for it to finish.
Nirvana has a lot of the older stuff without the ridiculous prices. Flying Dutchman is another company that's been around forever and has some of the old classics for a reasonable price. Might have to look into their catalog it's easy to forget these companies exist with all the fancy new stuff.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
So is Nirvana still good to get strains from today? Or no

Their Eldorado is totally different than their Sativa Mexicana they had before, which was probably the old Mexican sativa from Sensi before they crossed it with Durban & a Paki strain.

bigbadbiddy

Don't know if the AK48 is good but just to make sure:
Completely unrelated to AK47. Completely different strain.

Nirvana did have an actual AK47 but Serious got them to pull it off their shelves way back when. How I do not know.
Since Nirvana sold a loooot of that AK47 (one of their best selling strains back then), they didn't want to leave the shelf space empty but instead replaced it with AK48. They are upfront about it being unrelated/completely different strain.
But still kept the misleading name ...

G

growhigh1233

about a year or so back a well known seedbank was doing a promo with sensi seeds.....2 regular jack herer seeds with every order.........needless i say it seemed like sound logic to order cheap single pick n mix seeds n pay the post n packing simply to get the 2 free regular jacks

56 free seeds later,21 females were found... i have to be honest the phenos matched sensi's 'four main phenotypes' descriptions perfectly ... and it was very easy to identify them

so imho .......... there jack is still very much a winner ........... suppose tho at that price ........ it orter be :)

Last edited:
G

growhigh1233

tested 2 phenos of jack now .............
jack f1' is still some world class smoke,, the classic fat-calyxed sativa pheno like sensi use for pics, is like rocket fuel

have a pheno that looks exactly like nl5x haze .......... thats next :woohoo:

bigbadbiddy

I think it was said before in this thread but the fact that Jack Herrer is one of the strains that Bedrocan grows, it is likely that they play a role in its conservation as well.

It would have surprised me if the Jack Herrer had deteriorated as much as other Sensi strains.

But then again, look at what Serious did with the AK47 so I guess it wouldn't have been that surprising after all.

G

growhigh1233

I think it was said before in this thread but the fact that Jack Herrer is one of the strains that Bedrocan grows, it is likely that they play a role in its conservation as well.

It would have surprised me if the Jack Herrer had deteriorated as much as other Sensi strains.

But then again, look at what Serious did with the AK47 so I guess it wouldn't have been that surprising after all.

yeah thats true !.......... with there prize strain you would think they would be several clones in several locations

out of 22 jack females .... only 2 seem exceptional with sativa characteristics ,allot of plants are more indica leaning ... still testing tho :woohoo:

Happy Times

yeah thats true !.......... with there prize strain you would think they would be several clones in several locations

out of 22 jack females .... only 2 seem exceptional with sativa characteristics ,allot of plants are more indica leaning ... still testing tho :woohoo:

Good luck, it only takes one!!! Cream of the crop

bigbadbiddy

It always surprised me that Sensi marketed Jack Herrer as a Sativa leaning hybrid.
If I was them, I would have marketed it as Indica leaning (which it appears to be anyway). Sure it has heavy Sativa influences, it is a polyhybrid after all...
But the Sativa leaning version of this hybrid is found with Mr. Nice Super Silver Haze...

So to those looking for the Sativa leaning version of Jack Herrer, I would suggest looking into Super Silver Haze from MRN. They are basically the same seedline by all accounts and the difference seems that Sensi kept one pheno when they split up and MRN another.

And it seems fairly obvious which pheno leaned to the Indica side and which one leaned to the Sativa side.

Indie

Out of 16 seeds, 15 germinated and 8 were female. They all leaned sativa, and were top self smoke. I settled on 3 keepers, that are still some of my favorite of all time. 1 very piney smelling, 1 very grapefruity, and 1 very skunky. They were all very stretchy, and have that Christmas tree sativa form. Sensi Jack is legendary

G

growhigh1233

i found jack leaned more towards the indica ......i found more indica'esk plants than any other pheno..... but obviously when compared to a real indica its still 2 or 3 times the height gain ! ........ so even the most indica jack i found, is still very sativa compared to a sour bubble or bubba kush s1

but when compared to the 3 very very sativa leaning jacks i have, you can see a massive difference in pheno expression bud structure ect

the 3 sativas phenos pretty much look like pure sativa .............. massive height thinnest leafs imaginable slower flowering times

still in testing mode but i think iv found an exceptional sativa jack here

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
When me mate grew Sensi jack herer back in the day, every plant was a crazy sativa leaning plant with extreme vigour and long flowering. Buds were the only thing that showed you the indica in her. He grew one plant in a bed at the back of his house that caused all sorts of crazyness and we never even got to smoke her!

It was planted in the veggie bed, north facing in the southern hemisphere, against a retaining wall..That plant grew abouts 4-5 meters wide and grew so tall, without staking needed, that it reached the top of the retaining wall 3-4 meters up and grew till you could see it peaking over the 2m high wall above that when you drove on the major road above his house..It took a long time to flower and the bud was unbelievably good looking and smelling and it got ripped just before it was finished. Ended up being mates' housemate, who got some teeth knocked out and promptly got kicked out on the street..and my mate ended up with charges of assault, right mess. But that 6m tall sativa monster was a typical Jack herer back in the day, in my experience. But yeah if someone tells you JH is indica leaning, they never grew the real thing I guess, before the swiss raids and other events that killed off mothers and father plants..If sensi JH's are indica now, you can be sure they (sensi) have lost the parents..
The JH genetics are still pretty available from a wide spread of seedbanks..Some guys will have the real stuff.

G

growhigh1233

When me mate grew Sensi jack herer back in the day, every plant was a crazy sativa leaning plant with extreme vigour and long flowering. Buds were the only thing that showed you the indica in her. He grew one plant in a bed at the back of his house that caused all sorts of crazyness and we never even got to smoke her!

It was planted in the veggie bed, north facing in the southern hemisphere, against a retaining wall..That plant grew abouts 4-5 meters wide and grew so tall, without staking needed, that it reached the top of the retaining wall 3-4 meters up and grew till you could see it peaking over the 2m high wall above that when you drove on the major road above his house..It took a long time to flower and the bud was unbelievably good looking and smelling and it got ripped just before it was finished. Ended up being mates' housemate, who got some teeth knocked out and promptly got kicked out on the street..and my mate ended up with charges of assault, right mess. But that 6m tall sativa monster was a typical Jack herer back in the day, in my experience. But yeah if someone tells you JH is indica leaning, they never grew the real thing I guess, before the swiss raids and other events that killed off mothers and father plants..If sensi JH's are indica now, you can be sure they (sensi) have lost the parents..
The JH genetics are still pretty available from a wide spread of seedbanks..Some guys will have the real stuff.

im not so sure about that.................. there is a article on sensi's website about 'the four main phenos of jack herer' ... put that in google and it will be there to read !

now iv just done over a 50 seed run, no 1x 10 pack 5 female wonder grow, and i have to say, the phenos fitted almost exactly to the descriptions .... a indica pheno,... a 50/50,.....one that looks like nl5Xhaze.. and the classic sativa phenos that sensi use for there picture,bright green with the long running catatlexs....and of course there phenos that fall kinda in-between ... like the sativa pheno i had but wasn't bright green with insane resin..... it was bland with lower resin%

allot of people selected for the indica phenos for obvious reasons, with green houses jack been the most indica iv tried!

go to Amsterdam and ask for jack, your likely to get a more indica leaner, a true sativa jack pheno is becoming rarer and rarer .. im looking to preserve that incredible high, and i have 3 true sativa phenos to play with

:woohoo:

im gunna get some pics up i have them on about day 20 of flower now

pics always speak louder than words ;)

G

growhigh1233

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]The three points from the other website don't make a lot of sense (aside from the fact that they mention 2, then list 3...)

1) Haze and other Sativas require slightly more care to grow indoors, due to their extra height gain and longer flowering time.
If a grower knows to expect this, there's no real extra trouble to growing Sativas indoors. Just be sure to flower small!
Virtually every interesting hybrid released in the last five years has a significant amount of Sativa in it, affecting height gain. However, it's the Sativa element that makes these hybrids really world class.
If you're growing a Sativa, then these issues are par for the course.
If a grower is absolutely convinced they can't grow Sativa, then Jack Herer is not the best strain for them. However, I think that ALL indoor growers can produce good Sativa with a little care.

2) The writer of the quoted information doesn't seem to understand what 'instability' means. Uniformity and stability are not the same thing. Phenotype variation does not mean that a strain is unstable.
If one phenotype was potent and another phenotype was THC-free hemp,
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]this could indeed be called instability. Ditto if a strain is [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]very prone to hermaphrodism, or starts to act strangely when kept as a mother plant.

If a hybrid is made from several different strains, phenotype variation is to be expected and (in the case of hybrids where all the parents and ancestors are highly potent lines) celebrated - as this is where the truly 'elite' plants come from. They're uniquely potent, flavorful or unusual looking individuals from a hybrid line.

3) I'd almost agree with this - the three main parents of JH do show their dominance in different phenotypes. But stating that "
[/FONT]each strain used in its gene pool are simply TOO DOMINANT to make a stable cross[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]" is just silly.

Basically, Jack Herer will give you phenotypes that are more Sativa dominant or more Indica dominant. Which one(s) to choose as a mother plant depends on your preferences and growing conditions.

You'll be able to find Indica or Skunk dominant phenos which gain much less height in flowering (around 150%), produce thick flowers and finish faster. These will have a very strong Indica effect along with the Sativa high, so they may seem more potent when first sampling them. I'd say
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif] about 1 in 4[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif] females will be Indica-dom

If real JH is ever sold commerically (not common,even in Dam, even in places that use the name on the menu), it will probably be the Indica/Skunk pheno.

The other three phenos are sativa dominant, and gain much more height in flowering. The main difference between these is in bud structure, ranging from very Hazey running buds to solid Indica clusters that occupy most of the space on large plants.

The most open buds are the long, running flowers that
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]cover[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif] [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]whole branches and [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]are commonly seen in NL#5xHaze (one of the few highly uniform Sativa-Indica hybrids that I know of).

In the other two taller phenos, the flower clusters get denser and more angular, or are formed from massive, over-sized calyxes for a bubbly, almost alien look to the buds. The JH featured in most Sensi catalogues is this pheno.

At the moment, we're growing all these phenos in the Museum. Overall, if I was to choose one or two to continue with, it would probably be the most bubbly one (featured in quite a few of my gallery shots) for resin, potency and generally amazing look (though less yield) or the Skunkiest, fruitiest one (more yield and flavour, faster, more compact).

THIS WAS TAKEN FROM THE SENSI FORUM POSTED BY THE HEAD OF THE FORUM AND MASTER GROWER
[/FONT]

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
It always surprised me that Sensi marketed Jack Herrer as a Sativa leaning hybrid.
If I was them, I would have marketed it as Indica leaning (which it appears to be anyway). Sure it has heavy Sativa influences, it is a polyhybrid after all...
But the Sativa leaning version of this hybrid is found with Mr. Nice Super Silver Haze...

So to those looking for the Sativa leaning version of Jack Herrer, I would suggest looking into Super Silver Haze from MRN. They are basically the same seedline by all accounts and the difference seems that Sensi kept one pheno when they split up and MRN another.

And it seems fairly obvious which pheno leaned to the Indica side and which one leaned to the Sativa side.

G `day Bbb

SSH and Jack Herer have the same mother .
But different fathers .

Sensi made Jack while Nevil was in prison in Australia .
Nevil made SSH after his return .

Thanks for sharin

EB .