What's new

sensi seeds ~ hashplant

sprinkl

Veteran
you are damn right there. i reckon sensi need to lookaround, there are more than 1 or 2 competitors these days.

they need to drop those prices.... i want jack herer (original) and wouldnt mind trying bb but i am not paying £15 per f'ing seed! they must be pulling in 20-odd grand per plant

dont be greedy.
more people would try sensi if the prices were more realistic

You have a point there, but on the other hand breeders like Serious, Sensi and DJ Short actually put a bunch of time and effort into making those seeds, which is a lot more than what most "breeders" do, eg take an elite clone, cross it with something and selling that for 10$/seed, without even testing the outcome whatsoever.
And I'm pretty sure those seedmakers sell a lot more seeds than the actual breeders who put their hard work into it.

purple_man

Veteran
nice pix bro!!! k+ glad you found some keepers, from a fresh batch of seeds!

actually it is a real wonder if it came from fresher stock... as a matter of fact, sensi seeds stopped breeding LOOOONG TIME AGO!!! actually the saddest thing is, seems like they lost most of their parents, or outsourced the seed production to plenty underground growers... hence the last 5-7 years sensi has been PURE crap (most of the seeds) SADLY!!! thats why im glad seeing some sensi seeds worthy pix... i remember back in 1998 every strain and every pack of their gear was straight fire... so who knows, perhaps they are in for a return??? (similar to dutch passion)

blessss

I

ickybuds2012

^ right on ,, thx all for the great vibes ~~ keep em coming :biggrin:

as a matter of fact , sensi still breeds some of the best sh** out there ,,, like it has done for looOoOoOoOooOong time now :biggrin:

..... Less well-known is the fact that her superior Indica pedigree has been carefully refined and steadily improved over many years.... sensi seeds
website
DSC09830.jpg

i want jack herer (original) and wouldnt mind trying bb but i am not paying £15 per f'ing seed!
one would think that with this line of work, growers would accept the " want the best pay a little more " idea ... :2cents: .. did i made sense ?! jejejeje im high like a bird right now jajajajajajaj :biggrin:

I

ickybuds2012

This precious Afghani is descended from one of the finest hash-making cultivars ever brought from the Hindu Kush to the west. Cannabis strains known generally as hash plants are found throughout the countries that border these mountains, but very few have the pedigree of this Hash Plant - a living definition of the stocky, chunky, beautifully sticky Afghanica genotype. The direct ancestor of Hash Plant was developed in the Northwest USA and came to Holland as a few carefully-transported female cuttings. Upon arrival, the tiny, fragile Hash Plant clones were given a safe home in the Sensi Seed Bank breeding labs, where this outstanding cultivar quickly proved her worth, becoming an important building-block in several other Sensi hybrids.

Over the years, many experimental crosses were made in search of a pollen-father that could match up to the HP female and produce seeds worthy of the Hash Plant name. An equal partnership was eventually found in a male from Afghanica’s other royal family - the Northern Lights line. A 50/50 HP x NL#1 father was back-crossed to the original HP mother, which gave us the 75% HP-25% NL hybrid. Of all our breeding experiments, this crossing produced the strongest specimens by far — with even experienced Dutch smokers having trouble finishing a single joint. Thus the Hash Plant seed strain was born.

DSC09844.jpg

DSC09842.jpg

DSC09858.jpg

DSC09852.jpg

DSC09840.jpg

Sun Ra

Those look lovely. I may pick that up on my next seed order. I don't know about sensi's quality supposedly going downhill. But I do know that skunk #1 has been a staple in my garden for the past few years and it will be in the new one I am setting up since I moved. I've had no problems with sk 1 stock purchased in the past 1-2 years.

My opinion is that sensi is one of those companies that had its peak in the 90's back when there weren't as many seed companies as we have today. Perhaps they haven't kept up with the times. They aren't trying to sell the latest version of sour purple diesel green crack deathstar kush. However, that doesn't mean they don't have their place. I think of them as a good rock band that's been around for years, but can still put on a great live show by playing their hits which is kind of what Phish has become and is sad in a way, or means that I'm getting old, but I digress.

Here's what the good doctor said about sensi:

"The Sensi Seed Bank is the most comprehensive cannabis seed bank in the world and it is, from a medical point of view, essential it remains functioning and intact."

-Dr. Lester Grinspoon Associate Professor Emeritus of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so it's a bx and not a pure line?

did you take any pics of the actual plant when it was growing?

C

cvk

My 2010 pack contained quite a few keepers. Buds were super hard and looked like they were rolled in sugar, and the taste was out of this fukn world!

nice pix bro!!! k+ glad you found some keepers, from a fresh batch of seeds!

actually it is a real wonder if it came from fresher stock... as a matter of fact, sensi seeds stopped breeding LOOOONG TIME AGO!!! actually the saddest thing is, seems like they lost most of their parents, or outsourced the seed production to plenty underground growers... hence the last 5-7 years sensi has been PURE crap (most of the seeds) SADLY!!! thats why im glad seeing some sensi seeds worthy pix... i remember back in 1998 every strain and every pack of their gear was straight fire... so who knows, perhaps they are in for a return??? (similar to dutch passion)

blessss

You got a solid source for this "information"??

They have been releasing stuff for the past 5-7 years, auto's/fems, revisions, some old stuff off the menu, etc...

Theyve also kept the website updated and running always.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Icky have you smoked other indicas to compare the high off them to this? Black Domina, MLI, Afghani #1, NL, etc.

This sounds great but I would need to have a good reason to spend the money.

S

sweetestsin420

i have ALWAYS been very interested in sensi hashplant,ever since reading the old school description a few years ago "even experienced dutch smokers have trouble finishing a joint"..

it was in my beginner years as a smoker,and i used to smoke blunts,so i though damn that must be some fire.and very nice pics,especially the last one :)

S

stickyicky009

~ more hashplant

~ more hashplant

1_zpsb5d660fe.jpg

2_zpsa99b3fbf.jpg

3_zps867f2369.jpg

4_zpsf6e01540.jpg

thx for the goood vibes ~ this weed is quite sticky :biggrin: and a solid plant , nice to grow ,,, thing is i've had great other indicas that kicks sensi'sHp ass all day long and twice on weekends : ) , Nl , TK , PK , Purkle , g13 , mrniceOG , OGjamv2 , BTG , mazar , cheese ..

sensi'sHP keeping in mind its from a 10 pack o seeds ... is DANK herb,,, sensi is in my book one of amsterdams finest seedbanks with paradise seeds , mr.nice , dutch passion and serious seeds .... anyhow ,,, sensi'sHP is not going to be kept around for long .. the dogs are in the house .. Yeeeah buddy ~ tarberry D & Strawberry D ...

I

izzywozzywizzy

Looks like the baby poo /sick bud of years ago ,I have a feeling sensi seeds will bounce back where they belong ,at the top.they have the name so why not have the strains,they cant keep on supplying noobs as eventually the noobs wisen up.I may even purchase a pack after a 20 year exile.peace and good luck sensi seeds.

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
No, this seems like a spam thread to me. Maybe, I'm wrong, but that's how I feel after reading it.

There are much better hash plants out there for a lot less money.

R.Fortune

S

stickyicky009

..There are much better hash plants out there for a lot less money.

^^ can you name a few of em ?

and i dont mean good cutings ... i want to hear some seedform hashplants . otherwise i cant really see much good from your posting ,,, peace ~

G.O. Joe

Veteran
It doesn't have a smell that anyone would want, it's compact so doesn't have the highest yield, so there isn't much reason to spend that much money on it. The joints of experienced Dutch tokers must not be pinners.

BUT - if you want an indica that's as indica as anything (larger denser buds than the ones in this thread IME), to cross with a sativa or anything else, why not. If you want mixed CBD/THC including pure CBD plants, there aren't a lot of other options. My current grow includes a few HPxMLI ("Halfghan"), they might be more potent than either strain was, still a little early to say for sure; one of the males was the most vigorous and impressive plant of this grow.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
I have the NL#1 Pheno of Sensi Seeds 1993 Hashplant....it yields like a beast and smokes pretty nice... very fun plant to breed with

jayd

i gave a pack of sensi seeds hashplant to a couple friends(5 seeds each) and both friends had nannas late in flower so didnt keep a mother

Latest posts

Latest posts