What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Selling back to clubs?

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
you know whats fucked up,,,is i know a club that grows ALL their medicine,,, yet they still charging 380-460 per ounce and 100-120 per quarter.... :nono:

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Doc, that's a tougher question than you think. Most security guards are not hired by the company themselves, but are brought on by contract through a security firm. This is because there are so many state and local regulations regarding security officers, and the licensing standards that have to be met.

This is also why you can't just hire a med patient to do it. A lot of your med patients are going to be unable to fulfill the job requirements of a security officer, and those that can most likely have a job that pays better. After all, they are buying this expensive stuff you're talking about :D

As far as how many clubs grow their own, I'm going to have defer on that one.

smokesalot420
- You are completely wrong. 100%. Supply and demand has two components, supply AND demand. as long as demand continues to be higher than supply, you will have a sellers market, and people who are more than happy to pay more than the other guy to get what they want.

I used to work as a car salesman, and one morning I caught the luckiest sale of my life. The car hauler pulled in with a new shipment, and there are two cars following him. As soon as he stops rolling, a guys jumps out of one of the cars, comes running up to me, literally running for all he's worth. The second guy does the same. They get over to me, and they both want the same car. The 2 door Yukon sport 4x4, black on black with the custom package. Full brush guards, roof rack, custom wheels, whole nine yards.

Turns out, we were the only dealer in the state to have one. They had each seen it on the car hauler, and followed the truck so they could buy it! They had each been looking for a truck just like that one, and they wanted it now. A bidding war ensued, at 8am, on the asphalt, before the truck was even off the hauler.

I sold that truck for $12,000 over sticker before my finance manager had even gotten to the dealership. Not only that, I had a buy order for a second for the losing bidder. That's right, it was the only truck like it in the state at that time, but it was a matter of 2 days to send a standard one out for the custom package.

The guy paid 12k over sticker because he saw what he wanted, he wanted it right then, and had the money to make it happen.

Same thing applies here. Until things are legalized in this country so that supply can outstrip demand, you are NOT going to see a reduction in price. Every single grower in this thread could give away pounds and pounds of smoke, and you are not going to see prices drop one iota.

Why? For every person who won't pay that price, there are literally hundreds who will. If I were to set a bag of smoke on the counter, and say I'm selling it for $100 an ounce, you'd see another bidding war start.

Don't sit here and point fingers at us growers. Go point a finger at your legislator, and ask him why he's keeping the prices so high.

Last edited:

NiteTiger

Veteran
BiG H3rB Tr3E said:
you know whats fucked up,,,is i know a club that grows ALL their medicine,,, yet they still charging 380-460 per ounce and 100-120 per quarter.... :nono:

That's depressing, but not particularly surprising. There is the matter of street prices that was mentioned earlier. If a club sells at less than street prices, it just makes them a wholesaler for the street guys. If a club's meds start showing up on the street, that club has a whole new set of legal concerns.

Not necessarily because they are selling with the intent of it being resold, but because they are creating a situation that makes the likelihood of it being resold much higher, and the case can then be made that they are effecting the neighborhood's quality of life by encouraging illegal activity.

That's bullshit, but it is a valid concern for dispensary owners.

I'd like to talk about my plans for working MMJ in Cali, if I were to get out there, but that's probably belongs in a different thread. Suffice it to say, I think the caregiver relationship is crucial, and overlooked by the club situation.

meduser180056

The caregiver thing pretty much got shot down in court recently.

Unless you are providing more than just cannabis to a patient you are not legally considered a caregiver. So dispensaries having patients sign papers making them the patients caregiver are not gonna hold up. You can't be a caregiver for a friend either unless you are providing alot more than just buds.

the co op collective thing is interesting but requires legally creating a non profit coop with the state of california paying sales taxes on any marijuana exchanged within the collective and keeping records of everything. No marijuana can come from outside the collective it's intended to be a closed system. Also you are out in the open because you must create the collective with the state of california which puts your name out there.

meduser180056

Just so everyone knows out there selling to a club is illegal unless you are a member of their collective and are being reimbursed for the meds provided. Tax would have to be paid on the transaction and records kept.

Selling marijuana to anybody that is not in your collective is totally illegal and will get you in trouble if your caught.

The dispensaries are operating in a grey area when they purchase meds from growers. It is essentially illegal under federal and state law, but it is tolerated in most areas. The conundrum of course is how the clubs are supposed to get meds if they don't purchase them. Catch 22.

NiteTiger

Veteran
meduser180056 said:
The caregiver thing pretty much got shot down in court recently.

Unless you are providing more than just cannabis to a patient you are not legally considered a caregiver. So dispensaries having patients sign papers making them the patients caregiver are not gonna hold up. You can't be a caregiver for a friend either unless you are providing alot more than just buds.

Do you have a quick link to that case? I'd be interested in reading that.

But, my plan was exactly as you say. My wife, a nurse, and I would have a group of patients that we visited at least once a week. My wife would follow up traditional med schedules making sure the other meds are being taken properly, and as prescribed. She would also perform a basic vitals check, and see if there was something that needed to be brought to the attention of the attending physician.

I would work with them to make sure that the strain and amount we are using is working for them, and make adjustments as necessary. Of course, I would also make the med delivery at that time as well.

Like you say, a true caregiver relationship, not just an excuse to sell pot.

Of course, it doesn't really matter anyway, I can't move to Cali. Just a dream I had.

Last edited:

ourcee

meduser180056 said:
Just so everyone knows out there selling to a club is illegal unless you are a member of their collective and are being reimbursed for the meds provided. Tax would have to be paid on the transaction and records kept.

as far is the law is concerned, yeah it has to be provided by the members of the co op and consumed by the members of the co op.

you and I both know there is a LOT that goes down without receipts and taxes being paid.

the LEGITIMATE way would be to pay taxes on every gram that was sold, however its a lot easier to say you only sold xxx amount and made, lets say, 8,000, when in reality you sold double that.

who's to know when you paid cash to the grower, he sure aint gonna go rat, and the consumer paid cash?

in a cash business, one that definitely encourages cash purchases at least, there will ALWAYS be some that tamper with their records.

yes obviously you could distinguish falsifying tax records if they were going out and buying Ferraris and whatnot. But someone who owns a club to make a buck, does their thing, and takes home an extra couple grand cash in his pocket every day? hard to prove unless they are fuckin up in other manners

For every person who won't pay that price, there are literally hundreds who will.

I'd say thousands... haha.

One way I like to propose that supply/demand issue to my friends is to ask them how many people do they know that smoke? usually more than just a couple. How many people do THEY know that smoke? usually the same..

they ALL get their smoke from somewhere. The tens of millions of people that have used it all got it from somewhere.

Ever see the end of "New Jack City"? this IS big business, just behind a curtain.

C21H30O2

I have ridden the mighty sandworm.
Veteran
there is nothing wrong with charging 3k - 4k for a lb if you consider the nights of sitting up with plants that are sick or running out to the hydro store however many times to get the crop just right. Fuck my plants eat before i do and better than i do. I grow them all organic for the medical community... all these extra little things to make it just right.If you break it down that makes for cheap 8ths if the club doesn't overcharge. For those of you who have a job and simply gift a little bud to the club to be nice don't understand what it is like to live off your crop, have to pay bills with the proceeds of your grow. Its not greed its survival. No one is going to get rich selling a couple lbs to the club every month but they will be able to put food on the table and keep the light bill payed. STOP HATING.

G

Greyskull

When I was operating my delivery co-op another co-op operator & his wife & partners where kind enough to share with me how they were trying to keep up with the demand of the patients.... They were arrested by the DEA in Nove 2007 and I have just recenlty learned they are out of lock up....they had 3 hourse with 8 lights in each room. BTW they were also suppliing wheel chairs, house cleaning, and providing transportation to doctor's visits fro some of their patients.

NITE TIGER pretty much nailed it right here:
If a club sells at less than street prices, it just makes them a wholesaler for the street guys. If a club's meds start showing up on the street, that club has a whole new set of legal concerns.

The goal is to provide an outlet for patients to acquire medicine without having it be a supermarket for dudes to resale what they get i the clubs.

The prices are what they are to keep things from being resold.

Like I have said before... very sticky situation....

W

Whatever

meduser180056 said:
Unless you are providing more than just cannabis to a patient you are not legally considered a caregiver.
This is what I was told the first time I talked to someone who really knew the canna laws. They even told some crazy thing where 'technically' you could do everything up to rolling a joint and sticking it in there mouth but could not light it...lol. Yes...from what I understand you actually have to be someone's legal caregiver in general like Meduser stated.

M

mexilandrace

C21H30O2 said:
there is nothing wrong with charging 3k - 4k for a lb if you consider the nights of sitting up with plants that are sick or running out to the hydro store however many times to get the crop just right. Fuck my plants eat before i do and better than i do. I grow them all organic for the medical community... all these extra little things to make it just right.If you break it down that makes for cheap 8ths if the club doesn't overcharge. For those of you who have a job and simply gift a little bud to the club to be nice don't understand what it is like to live off your crop, have to pay bills with the proceeds of your grow. Its not greed its survival. No one is going to get rich selling a couple lbs to the club every month but they will be able to put food on the table and keep the light bill payed. STOP HATING.

lmao, sitting up at night with sick plants? come on now, that was a silly line.

made me laugh though

C21H30O2

I have ridden the mighty sandworm.
Veteran
i don't see what silly about stressing over a sick plant. especially when you have been vegging it for over a month.

M

mexilandrace

no one stays up all night with a sick plant like it's their child, I think you were exaggerating a tad.

Don't get twisted, I just found it funny.

W

Whatever

mexilandrace said:
no one stays up all night with a sick plant like it's their child, I think you were exaggerating a tad.

Don't get twisted, I just found it funny.
I've got up in the middle of the night to take care of problems sometimes. My life revolved around the plants. No reason they should suffer if I could help.

D

dongle69

Getting back on topic, here in Humboldt, the places I deal with pay:

$3,200-$3,800 a pound for good indoor weed.
$9 a gram for bubble hash.

You get a 1099 at the end of the year for taxes.
Pretty simple.