What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Selling back to clubs?

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
DocLeaf said:
That sucks,, I forgot you folks have an f-d up nazi system in place... don't ya. (county, state, fed n all that).. sorry my mistake.

that's just stupid :crazy:

peace out :joint:

I really like this site...except for the anti-American aspect-- I mean damn...you ppl don't just hate our Government (like we do)...you hate "us"!!
Dude, read up on it a bit, altho I guess you already have...why are you digging on this so hard...acting like you do not know about how the DEA is raiding clubs, contrary to State Law?? I know you must be reading in the Cannabis Laws and Cannabis Legalization, or Dr Jay's Forums..if not, you should--
I have worked in Dispensaries and grows...and I can tell you first hand, that seriously sick Patients get discounted, if not free meds--
Is this a money machine?? Yeah. But most (not all...unfortunately) can differentiate between the ppl working the system, and truly sick patients...and treat each as they should be treated--
You mentioned how cheap it is to grow outdoors...but you get what you pay for!! I had over $100 just in soil and amendments in each one of my plants-- not to mention the cost of hooking up my area to grow, countless hours searching for insects, caterpillars, and molds....changing my life to fit around watering, feeding, security-- No, my brother, it is not free--
If there is one thing I hope for 2009...is that ppl from other Countries may start seeing that we are victims of our Govt...as much as the rest of the world is--

:rant:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the enlightenment ALL :yes:

Seems the situation over there is far from the romantic image we had. One authority says meds. are OK,, and another comes along and takes them away :no: wtf :no: thats just 'social attrition'.. :no:

Medi. users are already vunerable members of society,, this system really does let them down. Restricting medi. growers from growing their own meds at home is just wrong innit.

humble1 said:
just to throw my hat into this ridiculous ring: docleaf's from the UK where, in a similar fashion to the rest of the civilized world, healthcare is a right and not just a privilege. As such, his perspective may be slightly askew relative to us here in the Cali med scene. So asking him whether he thinks drug companies should give away their prescription of choice is a non-starter. Love ya, Doc.

Yes mate :yes: exactly that,, in the UK cannabis is illegal but prescription drugs are free (even the bag-heads get their Methodone/opiates for free in the UK),, so we guess it really is a cultural thing.

Thanks for taking the time out to explain this to me humble1 :yes:

We want medi. clubs over here also,, one reason we've got so much passion on the subject :D It's just that we don't want our corrupt government to hold any involvement in it.

One love all...
dLeaf :joint:

"Canabis use is Not a Sin,, unfortunately the law made it crime"
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gcvdfJScHy4

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
kmk420kali said:
I really like this site...except for the anti-American aspect-- I mean damn...you ppl don't just hate our Government (like we do)...you hate "us"!!
Dude, read up on it a bit, altho I guess you already have...why are you digging on this so hard...acting like you do not know about how the DEA is raiding clubs, contrary to State Law?? I know you must be reading in the Cannabis Laws and Cannabis Legalization, or Dr Jay's Forums..if not, you should--
I have worked in Dispensaries and grows...and I can tell you first hand, that seriously sick Patients get discounted, if not free meds--
Is this a money machine?? Yeah. But most (not all...unfortunately) can differentiate between the ppl working the system, and truly sick patients...and treat each as they should be treated--
You mentioned how cheap it is to grow outdoors...but you get what you pay for!! I had over $100 just in soil and amendments in each one of my plants-- not to mention the cost of hooking up my area to grow, countless hours searching for insects, caterpillars, and molds....changing my life to fit around watering, feeding, security-- No, my brother, it is not free--
If there is one thing I hope for 2009...is that ppl from other Countries may start seeing that we are victims of our Govt...as much as the rest of the world is--

:rant:

Thanks for the input.

How Much does a lid of Cheese/Skunk#1 cost at a medi. club? please

Btw,, 1) we dont hate anyone,, 2) the US is one of the friendliest places we've ever passed through dude!!! :friends:

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OK folks,, apologies if we offended anyone before. I only originally replied to this thread because no-one else did :wink: :D

I watched 'Super High Me' today. This has helped me get my head around the whole "medi-mj" issue a little bit more... (and i thought we had screwed up legal system over here,, boy yo have it twisted). :crazy:

The prohibitive nature of prop.215 as a local state law , which holds no jurisdiction over national federal law brings both the DEA and the local DA into direct conflict with each other,,, while the medi. community is left stranded in the middle. Did I get this part right? The system actually presumptively screws the perspective medi. grower through fear and the prospect of incarceration. (bastards aren't they).

The 'money' argument still does NOT really wash with me kids,, the sums that medi. users currently spend on meds. (not clones) from dispensaries is approximately the same costs as power charges are per annum, give or take depending on consumption, unless you run on gasoline that's expensive (i.e. the more meds. one consumes the cheaper the overall cost in electric become,, just like commercial growing does) , don't try blag me,, hehe,, I's wasn't born yesterday :wink:

The fact that the price on clones is so low ($15) really did/does surprised me :yes: and is quite good (not great) value for money,, still think is dekcuf-up charging medi.s for clones,, but at least it doesn't cost the earth... respect to the medi. cloners out there cloning it :yes: jah bless you all :yes:

This just leaves the issue of the origins of this thread,, "selling meds. back to clone clubs". Morally, culturally, and ethically the heart still tells us this is just plain wrong with a capital 'W',, while the mind suggests that if people are TRUELY benefiting from the capitalist system of herbal medication currently in place,, then who am I/we/he/she to blow smoke against it? catch 22.

At present we still can't see too much difference between selling out to bag-dealers and selling to medi.-clubs. Please can someone care explain it? What's the differential in $$$ between the former and the later,, you know what I's saying ,, does the "medi. supplier/grower/whatever you want to call them (dealer)" do a good thing or not? :chin: Holla at us,, either way,, please say what ya have to say... :D

plus we still want to know what does an ounce of Cheese/Skunk#1 costs in $. at a club please.

Thanks to all those that helped enlighten me so far via pm :friends:

All the best, and stand strong medi. gang. :canabis:

Erb, Roots, Culture, All
Peace
DocLeaf :joint:

Footnote:

This year the UK also plans to step up the motivation for a similar proposition,, so that medi. users can be free to medicate without fear of criminal prosecution/persecution). the first wave is under-way,, ( see http://protestlondon.co.uk/ )

The issue of 'Supply' , as emphasised above,, is perhaps the most contentious of all aspects regarding the decriminalization of medical cannabis - one that we ALL face as underground activists. For if any such proposition goes ahead it will be our role (ppl like you and me) to help recruit the over-growers that will help make it happen (with or without cash). Which is why we have showed such an interest in this topic so far. Just aiming to pull out some positives from yo'll experiences. :yes:

Last edited:

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
Here's a list of ounce "specials" I saw on another site-

OG Bubba $320
Diesel Headband $310
True OG Kush $310
Purple Kush $299
UK Cheese $299
Royal Razzberry Kush $289
Super Silver Haze $279
Diablo Kush $259
Sour OG $249
OG Kush Seeded $179

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
An ounce of "cheese" or other quality herb would cost about $350-500+ ((roughly $230-350+ quid)) depending on quality.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
Grow Tech said:
Here's a list of ounce "specials" I saw on another site-

OG Bubba $320
Diesel Headband $310
True OG Kush $310
Purple Kush $299
UK Cheese $299
Royal Razzberry Kush $289
Super Silver Haze $279
Diablo Kush $259
Sour OG $249
OG Kush Seeded $179

^^^^
As GT can also tell yeh,,, most of those "specials" are for good reason (i.e. mildew,, heat stress,, etc....)

I would love to find quality smoke at those prices....... but it seems lately the quality contiunes to decrease with zero effect on the price..

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BiG H3rB Tr3E said:
An ounce of "cheese" or other quality herb would cost about $350-500+ ((roughly $230-350+ quid)) depending on quality.

Thanks.

That price is day-light robbery!!! in any currency!!!

johnipedestran

1%
Veteran
Doc,

I know that I could command 30-40% higher price for any good Kind in a state where it is illegal. Growers can't get as much in Cali. For the record, I don't grow for $$$, I have given away more herb than I have ever sold in my lifetime (and in college I used to swing) meaning those 300 $$ cali prices would equal more like 500+ on East Coast US.

You saw Super High Me...Awesome movie. I smoked that cat Doug Benson out just before Thanksgiving. We got down on some Lifesaver. He is a funny dude, just like in the movie.

peace
jip

G

Greyskull

I know BHT. here is a stunning lack of quality at the clubs.... but lest we forget there's someone bringing that shit in, putting their screws to the shops.... for THAT.

Being the growers we are the first line of quality control. And for some of the prices posted above why is the QC sooooo lacking? Dispicable there is almost no honor....

Last edited:
W

Whatever

DocLeaf said:
Thanks.

That price is day-light robbery!!! in any currency!!!
Haha...it's really so simple...if the system were allowed to work as it was intended the prices would be more 'reasonable'. Until that day happens this is the way it is and I personally have no judgments.

I have not been into a club in years nor dealt with them on the supply side and those prices are a bit lower than I had expected for the lb price based on the last info I had. The zip prices are about what I had expected but a bit on the high side especially is those are specials for 'bad' reasons.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
This year was the worst flood yet... everywhere you go some week ass outdoor.

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
So the question begs,
How much does the grower get when the clubs are selling at $300 OZ?

G

Greyskull

if they are selling it at 300 per oz more than likely they are paying 150-200 per z.

usually the 400-500 range oz are procured from the grower/provider at 325-400 per z... when obtained in commercial quantity (min quarter lb 113.4g)

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
BiG H3rB Tr3E said:
^^^^
As GT can also tell yeh,,, most of those "specials" are for good reason (i.e. mildew,, heat stress,, etc....)

I would love to find quality smoke at those prices....... but it seems lately the quality contiunes to decrease with zero effect on the price..

True Dat!

johnipedestran

1%
Veteran
RockyMountainHi said:
So the question begs,
How much does the grower get when the clubs are selling at $300 OZ?

I'm betting that growers are getting 2000-2500 for a lb. just a guess based upon other retail markups.

somebody said something about quality? this is the type of trim I give all my buds.

peace
jip

G

Greyskull

hey the numbers you are thinking are more outdoor range where costs are minimal... indoors are realistically 3000-5000. thats just the way it is.

And quality is more than a tight trim job. Nice buds BTW. Quality is all encompassing (IMO)... its ripeness, resinousness, burnability (being properly flushed & dried), while also being visually pleasing and efficient medicine for its purpose.

ourcee

Growing outdoors in SoCal is hazardous to your health. The cops have choppers patrolling overhead and ,even though you may be legal, they will bust you in a heartbeat. Their attitude is bust you, tear down the grow, confiscate the equipment(and anything of value they can get their hands on) and make you prove in court that you are legal. After spending thousands of dollars on legal fees to prove you weren't guilty, you lose the incentive to grow again. That is the way the cops like it.

I can personally vouch that this is EXACTLY how it is done in So Cal.

My bro was pulled over for not using his turn indicator and ended up spending a week in the clink with me over SIXTEEN GRAMS they found on us. oh, not to mention we both have valid rec's for valid reasons, of which didn't deter them from literally tearing the carpet out of his car "searching" it.

After THOUSANDS of dollars in legal fees along with losing my job, they just didn't pursue the case. No charges formally filed. Just because you have a little card and signed doctors note means absolutely fuckall to any LEO I've met.

I attribute us not catching any charges due to the fact that we did infact have the recommendations, HOWEVER that's not to say that we didn't have to go through some shit in the mean time, shit that is lasting till this day.

oh,... and they still have my 16 grams :badday:

Latest posts

Latest posts