What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sell Me On AF's,I Dare Ya!

P

Purple Monster

auto's sex straight away. no time wasted with males. multiple grows any time of year. good potency. they also tolerate stress well. these are just a few of the pro's for af.

what do you mean no time wasted with males? you've gotta put them in pots and give them root space and foot print space. isn't that time wasted?

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
i think he meant veg time then switch to 12/12 to show sex with autos its done in the about 3 weeks under constant light

Str8Dank

only thing i ever thought about doing with these was dropping them in the dirt outdoors near a body of water in a supersoil or moonshine mix amended medium so i could basically walk away until harvest. if that works it seems like a freebie run imo that i can do anytime the temp is decent. i've never grown them hell i wont even grow from seeds no time for sexing and pheno hunting i'll leave that up to the people with a passion for it and get a cut from them once they have selected the best pheno.

the fact they outyeild reg strains comes to mind, did u see the 4.6 ounce harvest under a 150hps in 65 days here? or icecoldcrikets pound in 65 days with a 400hps. or have u considered that u dont need a clone room that only produces clones n no weed even though u non auto guys act like its free lumens n sqaure ft in your grows? im quite happy with autos potency, but i luv all types of erb and there is room for both.

vicious bee

Fast plants, small spaces, good weed. Short Term Amnesia= Amnesia Haze x LR2
picture.php

The ones on the right hit by STS so they look a bit burnt.

DaPurps

the fact they outyeild reg strains comes to mind, did u see the 4.6 ounce harvest under a 150hps in 65 days here? or icecoldcrikets pound in 65 days with a 400hps. or have u considered that u dont need a clone room that only produces clones n no weed even though u non auto guys act like its free lumens n sqaure ft in your grows? im quite happy with autos potency, but i luv all types of erb and there is room for both.

I don't mean no harm bro, but you are very wrong on the yields. They are always a few exceptions, but this is straight from your own mouth in a different Auto Flower thread.

i would say average yeild per plant is 20 grams, lets be honest.

So what say you ? I've never pulled less then an ounce off a plant. I've also never grown an AF. 20grams is baby shit easy though, almost laughable.

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
yeah in all fairness a lot of auto growers do use cfl lights and grow in tiny spaces but if you want the best results use 250 watt hps light or upwards or stick them in hydro

you will see a complete different side to the plants, ive never pulled less than an oz untill my last grow but that was a major fuk up by me lmfao

REZDOG

Veteran

Let me know what you're thinking-Let's discuss your Reservoir Genetics-based AF Project.... and get some input from your AF peers,here.
I'd be happy to contribute beans from Reservoir's end,this sounds like Big Fun! :)

:artist:

~RD~

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi REZ,

Sorry if this is butting-in when you've asked SGS a question..

But if it helps, I think there is a demand/use for two types of AF's that can be adapted to many scenarios.. and maybe SGS will have some candidates that will make nice matches to some of your gear for these purposes.

1)
An indica dom (possibly) - Short statured AF - 2 Feet high or less.
High potency, Fast Flowering/cycle - 60 days or less seed to chop
Something that shows good mould resistance.

Uses: Indoor SOG, Indoor Stealth Setup/Micro grow/Perpetual
Outdoor: Stealthy crops, Patio/Balcony, Urban guerilla grow

2) Big AF - Sativa dom, Branchy, 3-4 Ft + high, Shows resistance to mould for wet/cold northern climates. Should be a 'true AF' not just an early variety.
Cycle time: 80 - 120 Days?
Big yielder.

Uses:
Indoor Hydro. Or for people who want to play or for who plant count is an issue indoor, but mainly I think this should be an outdoor variety.
Outdoor: Greenhouse or garden Sativa for people who couldn't grow them otherwise.

REZDOG

Veteran
Hi! :wave:
Reservoir's involvement in this Project is Very Limited.
Breeding into AF traits should,and will,be left to the people who are as obsessive about breeding AF's as the rest of us are about breeding normal :D M/F marijuana varietals.
I don't see how one can possibly improve Chemdog or Sour Diesel by adding AF tendencies or traits to the gene pool-even compared to "femmd" seeds,it's a stretch,imo.
However,I'm interested in the process and results,as long as the means to the end is clearly mapped out and a plan in place.

~RD~

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Hi! :wave:

Breeding into AF traits should,and will,be left to the people who are as obsessive about breeding AF's as the rest of us are about breeding normal :D M/F marijuana varietals.
~RD~

I think SGS is the man for the job, he obcesses over quality and will work for year and years until he gets the strain the way he wants it...:tiphat:

I don't mean no harm bro, but you are very wrong on the yields. They are always a few exceptions, but this is straight from your own mouth in a different Auto Flower thread.

[/i]

So what say you ? I've never pulled less then an ounce off a plant. I've also never grown an AF. 20grams is baby shit easy though, almost laughable.

i dont get your objection considering u didnt state any, care too? are u pulling over a pound in 65 days with your light from seed? as i stated with icecold crikets method thats what he yeilds.

my statement has nothing to do with one plant yeilds. and as people that really grow autos like skotty will tell u , in dwc most are pulling 2-3 ounces with each plant in around 70 days. my 20 gram was an average and not a unfair one, some grow in 2 liters bottles n get this. relax.

ROJO145

Veteran
LOL,what ya's think I was jokin!!Its easy to see what wave someones gonna ride!I guess if ya really need a couple grams(average) of some almost as good as commersh(the norm) Then AF is for you.Ive smoked Sour60 and everything lowlife makes plus a couple other breeders Af(my bud keeps thinkin he's gonna find something special in Af) and have yet to smoke anything that comes close to what I call "real" weed!!TRUTH!!
If anyone notices,the words ya hear repeatedly in the AF world are 7 to 13 grams per plant and "almost" as good as reg weed!!imo....novelty at best and will never be on par or pass regular weed.
But if ya havin fun....have it:tiphat:

LOL,what ya's think I was jokin!!Its easy to see what wave someones gonna ride!I guess if ya really need a couple grams(average) of some almost as good as commersh(the norm) Then AF is for you.Ive smoked Sour60 and everything lowlife makes plus a couple other breeders Af(my bud keeps thinkin he's gonna find something special in Af) and have yet to smoke anything that comes close to what I call "real" weed!!TRUTH!!
If anyone notices,the words ya hear repeatedly in the AF world are 7 to 13 grams per plant and "almost" as good as reg weed!!imo....novelty at best and will never be on par or pass regular weed.
But if ya havin fun....have it:tiphat:

your whole post was ok, untill u said ''will never be on par or pass regular weed'', pure b.s but im not saying that you dont grow some erb that far surpasses autos.

WasntMe

Maybe Mdanzig will even have a chance to sign on and respond to the offer before it gets sniped by someone else ... haha

IMO, It would be great to see what Mdanzig could do with this if he is also interested.

figment42

People are afraid of new things I think.

Autos are evolving. It is exciting to be in the middle of it.
At one time there were just landraces. Then they bred indoor strains.
Now after decades of breeding we have 'elites cuts'. A bit removed from
the ancestors. Autos are getting better every year. The potential of
automatic plants has not been realized yet. The best autos do with 24 or 18 hours
of light that reg plants do in 12. When the efficiency of the autos reaches the reg plant as far as how much good bud the plants make with the amount of light they get......Hold on baby. Till then I really think that for various reasons autos just appeal to people for different reasons. Be it ease of growth or just novelty. I only grow autos indoor for seeds personally. I like the sun.

there no easier to grow then regular strains, no differant at all, u set a timer once not twice, why everyone thinks this is such a big deal i dont get.

RoomRaider

Wait so you did 8 AF plants under 300w of LED light and you only yielded ~80 grams? I feel like I'm missing something here.

The plants were on the small side ~10grams each. There are two that look like they will be over 14grams. I can usually fit 12ish plants under that light depending on how big they turn out.

Also I just started back up, those plants are strictly personal and to keep me from picking buds off the sour60 under the hps. Those plants had alot of nugs missing before harvest. :redface:

figment42

Not a big deal. Easier....yes. Just plug in your light. Your done.
No worry about light leaks or anything. Just turn your light on.

Latest posts

Latest posts