What's new

Sell Me On AF's,I Dare Ya!

canned abyss1

Veteran
Autos cannot touch elite regular strains, that is the best regular strains. But you can be damn sure autos smash A WHOLE HELLUVA LOT of regular strains.

I guess it depends on the auto, the Spyder I am smoking right now is extremely psychedelic and cerebral and is just as good as the elites. I am fortunate enough to get to smoke dozens of elites every week, and Spyder is right up there with them. People are amazed when I tell them it is an auto, if I didn't tell them it was an auto they wouldn't even know.

THCello

I just had an idea,
people bitch about the low THC in autoflowers.

Sure, they won't wire you,
but why isn't there an Autoflowering,
1:1 THC/CBD ratio strain?

I feel like that would fit a nice little niche.

autos=reg strains, it is what it is folks, breeders took shitty regular cannabis which outdoors at times is 6 month headache and shrunk it to a month and two weeks, autos are equal to about id say 94 percent of whats out, now not every auto of course not but there a few of em that are that good and then there some reg strains that are far above those autos, but again autos are the same as 94 percent of whats available, if u havent ran lots of seeds from top breeders and come to the relization that weed is weed give yourself a few more grows youll grasp this.

certain autos= pure trash, i do agree on this

i like erbs like basil n oregano , i would never wait nor tip toe around theese plants just to eat them, with auto its the same, its a weed, no special extra dark periods demanding i have the most amazing intake n outake to the plants dont chocke n sufficate, thats gone as well. im a auto guy, reg weed strains are just way more work for next to no benefit above autos anymore, it is what it is and its only gonna get better.

Snoopster

Veteran
I didn't read all of this thread, sorry if I am repeating...

2hggygl.jpg

Super Lemon Haze auto.
I bet no one would know if I didn't tell them they were smoking an auto.

I used to think autos were worthless (for novices etc.) until a friend of mine grew some.

He grew Super Lemon Haze Auto and Pineapple Kush auto.
I was given a fat jar of each, thanked him and thought about how I could get rid of it without hurting his feelings. They were both surprisingly good. Even if you reduce auto SLH's potency by one third (which I do not think autos do) auto SLH is stronger than many regular strains.

One thing that struck me is that it has a different cannabinoid profile. There was something different about it. For someone who smokes a lot, that is great.

It isn't all about potency. Half of it is the CBD. If you add different CBDs than you are not used to, you will have a slightly different effect.

His auto Pineapple Kush was some of my favorite daytime smoke in a long time. Again, different CBD profiles.

I was so impressed that I bought some seeds and I am going to make my own batch of fem auto seeds. I can use them outside for some very easy, cheap buds. I can give them to friends who have no interest in the care and feeding of a regular plant, but wouldn't mind dealing with an auto.

low ryder 2 will be the male, crossed with

super lemon haze auto
blueberry auto
pineapple kush auto
low ryder 2

Husky Jackal

Very Neat Monster
Veteran
In my opinion, autos are a plus for those who can grow only outdoors and want some good smoke for the summer. Peace, HJ.

try and find time to look up "what are they spraying in the air?" it will enlighten you and impart the truth for those who can bear the truth

C

canon

Grown lots of photoperiods,, but only a few autos. The autos I did grow were every bit comparable to some of the photos.

I like growing and playing so I've taken a big jump on this for my own info.

Most ((not all) Auto grows I've seen were generally by newbies and / or grown under less than optimal conditions and by people I think (may) lack experience or facilities.

Hearing "auto debates" pop up all over the place I have to find out whats-up in my own way.

Enter my conversion process.
First was learning to "self" a auto with CS / STS. Having suceeded in that I've moved along and started my 2 plant, every 2 week, perpetual auto grow.
Strains will be Road Runner, Onyx, Russian Rocket Fuel, MI5, & Cheese at this point.
Grow will be 5 gal. pots, dirt, chemical ferts, CMH lighting, fully controlled enviromental conditions. As time goes on, manipulations are planned.
I will run this for at least 9 mos. before deciding to stick with autos or go back to photos.

Lots of info in this thread. But, I've gotta know what is opinion, and what is true. At this point I see only one way to do that... do it myself.
Great thread. Enjoyed the read. :thank you:

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
the only thing I like about autos is having the ability to have flowering plants in my veg cabs and tents, they do not belong in my flower rooms EVER.

J

joejusttyped

try and find time to look up "what are they spraying in the air?" it will enlighten you and impart the truth for those who can bear the truth

Someone is stoned :peacock:

And its 'What in the World are they Spraying?'
Not whatever you said lol

Jhhnn

Veteran
My first post to this terrific forum. Yes, I read the whole thread, and some others. I'm still exploring the site, & the modern culture of growing.

As is the case with many old hippies, I got straight 25 years ago. It's not that MJ was killing me, it was everything else that went with it, my whole lifestyle, the milieu of the drinking & drug culture at the time. I had to change my whole life to survive. I disconnected, cut my ties, entirely by choice. Somewhere along the way, I've also been made subject to govt mandated random drug tests, so with a family & responsibilities, abstinence was the answer.

A lot of that has changed, or is changing- Colorado law, and my personal situation. I'll retire in a year or so, and I plan on growing again. If they want a piss test any time close to my retirement date, I'll pour it on the floor in front of 'em... or worse, depending.

Autoflowers look like a good start, for a couple of reasons. First off, I don't need to hide an indoor grow any more- I could do it in my living room, and I wouldn't need to worry about light leaks preventing or inhibiting flowering with AF's.

The new law has some interesting quirks about homegrown, too. I can have 6 plants, but only 3 flowering. Double that to include my spouse. Outdoor grows are still a bit of an unknown, but I suspect it'll be allowed in a "locked enclosed space", like my privacy fenced backyard. Theft would probably be an issue in my very urban neighborhood, but I plan on using a locked dog run w/ chain link top, dog on the outside, plants on the inside...

So I can plant 6 fem AF's early May along with 6 fem photo plants, harvest the AF's in July & the regulars when they're ready in the fall, remain legal the whole while. I can grow more of whatever I want indoors over the winter, probably AF's because they're obviously easy.

I may have trouble with photo plants outdoors in my back yard, anyway, given that there's a HPS street light in the alley less than 50 ft from the garden.

If Autos are only decent quality, they'll probably be better than a lot of the cartel brick weed so common around here, & I won't be supporting thugs, either. I won't be paying what I'm sure will be high prices for OTC stuff, either.

So, yeh, I think autoflowers have their place in terms of personal consumption, anyway. My first seeds are on their way, Samsara Ultraviolet, so we'll see how it goes. Next time around, I'll want some of SGS's or Mdanzig's lines, now that I've dug a little deeper into the culture & the literature. By the time summer rolls around, I may be able to obtain them OTC, rather than waiting to see how well stealth packaging actually works...

It's been interesting so far, and I think it'll be even more so when my garden project gets under way...

Latest posts

Latest posts