What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sell Me On AF's,I Dare Ya!

reddy1

ICMag Donor
well to say autos are not potent would be a little close minded. sure i've tried autos that were weak(LR2) but then i tried sour 60 by mdanzig, it really changed my mind, great smoke, unique smell, pleasant high, 7/10 if 10/10 were your chemdog IX-III or a good ssh. he's a really talented breeder. you should have a conversation with him sometime.

i got some pretty good feedback from the sour 60. it may be better for certain medical patients. everything has its place in the universe.

don't get me wrong, i love potent weed. that's why i ordered your sssdh ix-i for $60, thank you, but i won't be growing it outside in my lovely northern climate. ain't happening until i build a greenhouse. same with your chemdog.

autos aren't going anywhere. neither are fems. embrace it or hate it. people will demand it.

you may one day feel left out if somebody creates a really incredible autoflower strain and it wasn't you. you don't want to be the old man that watches someone younger do things that he couldn't and wishes that he would of.

are you up for the challenge? how about doing a semi-auto, flowers under less than 18 hr light. do you think a sssdh bred with auto genes would produce weak smoke? i do not. in fact there are already auto hazes out there.

Last edited:

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Many more good points in there! I'm in :)

canned abyss1, I'm interested in your cbd statement, I haven't thought about this one. Would you have a strain specifically that you would recommend ?

reddy1 i totally agree on the potency, thanks for pointing it out. Most people I know don't smoke my diesels or others intense herb, it s just too much. I would put a good 7/10 on that diesel ryder I smoked in potency as well, it's been a while and i still remember it.

G

guest8905

just to chime in here..

I had a friend who ran gorilla style up in the hills..he ran the gorilla gold and the sweet 105 and a host of others. Ill say the potency was horrible, bag appeal was horrible, bud structure was horrible and overall 3/10 imo

that being said i see they have their place in the world for growers whos situations demand them. But lets bump up the potency and keep all AF pollen away in the trash

StickKy :rasta:

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i wish i had extra space in my veg areas....if theres extra space i just transplant to larger pots. but i never have extra space...its one of those things i always chase.

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
Well REZ, I hope you will listen to our information as it seems you are a bit bias about autos.

Finding the correct AF breeder is the problem most people are having and where most of the bad reports come from.

Newer Autos that have had as much work put into them as good modern NON AF HYBRIDS and so on can produce an on par quality smoke even compared to a lot of NON AFs sold today. Why is it no one excepts the fact that AFs are in thier breeding infantcy, bashing them, claiming facts that AFs will NEVER become good when they have no experience with breeding them, to back up thier claims.

For me it has been an 8 yr journey to produce the very best AFs for indoors and out. AFs attracted me at first for the ease of growth indoors without timers and so on, a dream strain for newbies. I also saw the light early on with AFs indoors, being able to produce a high yeild usually in a faster amount of time, without the need for mothers and clones, when grown in the correct setting ( AF-SOG ).

INDOORS It is really a personal choise to grow AFs or not, AFs are easier in terms of the equipment needed and no need for extra space keeping mothers alive and so on. They can produce the same and more yeild then NON AFs in less required space ( ie mother chambers, clones ect...) Even with 12 12 from seed most NON AFs except for a very few can take longer then most AFs and usually yeild less then AFs when grown in this way.

OUTDOORS the benefits of AFs are obvious, they have the ability to harvest multiple times during a single season, In the same location you can only harvest 1 Large NON AF plant 1 time. You can easily out yeild NON AFs by the end of the yr in the same amount of space.

One of my current projects for Indoors/Outdoors is trying to make the fastest cannabis plant in the world, going from seed to harvest in 50days or less. Ya big statement I know! But I have a great lead so far and it looks promissing. With this type of speed with equal quality there wouldn't be any question on the benefits of this type of AF or would there?

Now all of this is becoming possible due to the increase in quality of AFs from GOOD AF breeders, no need to mention the names of the recent BAD reports coming from Breeders not fimilar with AFs and the breeding programs they need to be successful.

I have a few strains not released yet that are in this High Quality AF group, Fruit Salad is one of them, doing my best to get them out there guys, it just takes time to make them perfect enough for even REZ to approve.:artist: It has taken YEARS! to breed these strains with a lot of trial and error, having to go back and make different selections and so on. This shit is far from easy, it always makes me laugh when I see all these new AFs that popped up last year, just peole getting there fingers in the pot of money it seems, but the reports of most of them are actually hurting the image of AFs keeping it in the mind of people that they are not worth growing. I just wish people would do thier homework before buying AFs from any company, check how long they have been working with True AF strains and how the grow reports reflect thier work. This will help us all get a better understanding of AFs and the benefits they bring to the table.

There is more info on the AF subject of small AFs and large AFs. but I will only get into that if you want more info.

SGS, loves all weed AF and NON AF!!! I would never willingly contaminate pure NON AF genetics with AF genes unless it was intensional, preservation of all genetics is a world wide community practice we all need to make an effort into.

LOL hope that rant helps!! Now I DARE YOU TO MAKE AF CHEM!?!? REZ if you made that you might understand more about WHY AFs interest us so much.:thank you:

Sandnut

picture.php

Here's an Onyx plant in last stages of flowering.. pretty huge, it's grown in a dwc but they grow pretty big in soil too.

theres a big difference between the old autos and the latest ones, you can almost call them "super" autos, theyre alot bigger an stronger. im talking about onyx, nyld, sour60, mi5 ect ect.

I can't speak for everyone but i think most of the auto grower either start growing autos because the easyness of it, no need to have a mother to take cuts from, just start on a seed and expect a harvest within 60-70days, and auto's are very usefull in the short outdoors seasons.

It's kinda like once you start with them, you will develop this interest for them, wanna try out other autos, and it goes down that road, but I love regular strains too, but as long as I dont have a decent space for a mother so i can have fresh cuttings for every run I'll be growing auto's. Just want to put that out there, I dont think anyone on the auto forum is claiming that autos are stroner or better than regular elite strains, it's just a matter of what grow circumstances you have.. and theres alot of people breeding autos because its a fairly un-explored area! Hope it helps!

Sandnut

Yeah dargo has an exclusive thread about autos... check that out! And as a seed seller why wouldn't you want to take the step into the autoflowering market? its huge, loads of money to earn aslong as you can offer a good quality strain :)

Scrogerman

Veteran
For me AF 's have a place outdoor here in the UK, Mid Summer outdoor crop of decent quality, not naturally doable previously without them. Ive done them indoor & some were rather nice tbh, some were crap too. Its great having the option of a mid summer puff from outside.

miaumiau

ICMag Donor
In my opinion....AF are only something for people who want to grow outdoor in the colder climates and flowering them in full summer, instead of waiting for spring time for the begin of flowering stage....like many people told here

Anyway...i dont like them, too ;-)

I live at 56 up in sweden. Most other strains do not finish in time here.However I do think AF breeders so far have bred the wrong way/the wrong strains. What I would like to see is not the indica-crap that AF breeders pretty much have bred since the first AF strains, but rather AF strains bred for the extreme sativa traits.

We have some strains that with the mould resistance kombined with the early finishing time can be ready in time (among others the royal dane), but those are mostly Indica dominant - harvesting a long flowering equatorial sativa here is simply impossible without the AF trait.

From what I've been told, the sour 60 is the most potent among the AF strains so far. I would like to see that strain crossed and backcrossed with an equally or more potent sativa strain. Perhaps the neville's haze, the original haze or some potent thai variety. That would be sweet. La buena hierba has done work similar to this crossing a haze to an AF ak 47 in order to get a sativa dominant AF plant, but I think his work could be taken to the next level by choosing one of the newer, more potent AF's as parents.

My 5 cents.

//The evil weed

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
i wouldnt say the sour 60 is most potent, yes she is a very nice smoke but no she will not knock you out

however if you smoke something with diesel in then this will give you a heavy indica stone, obviously new stains are being released all over and the thought of a cheese strain being introduced to the auto world is no doubt in my mind gonna be a strong contender for a heavy hitter especialy as its been crossed with critical and jack herer

i also happened to come across a diesel x critical mass strain which is called bio diesel and with the quality that is now coming through how could you not wanna take an intrest in autos ;)

just my opinion

REZDOG

Veteran
This is one of the best threads I've read in a year.
No fighting,great info,& super people discussing something Interesting.

Superb.

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
This is one of the best threads I've read in a year.
No fighting,great info,& super people discussing something Interesting.

Superb.

that is one hell of a statment from the DOG...................

truly a change in direction for REZ...seeds.............I really like the insightful REZ............and the happiness just ring thru w/ clarity and comfort........

VERY impressive this NEW................REZ

Latest posts

Latest posts