What's new

Sell Me On AF's,I Dare Ya!

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't wanna say lock this thread.. but i guess most of the reasons for and against AF at this point in time have been stated now and were probably stated within the first page...

WasntMe

images

canned abyss1

Veteran
It's just a few bumps in the road, it made it 18 pages without any real animosity, I think that is pretty good. I think we are all mature enough to get it back on track

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
:) to be honest the reason why i keep most of my work private these days is to avoid all the bullshit associated with auto and non auto growers... I just hope REZ and who ever... he decides to share his genetics with can keep it civilized as i see this going south very very quickly when the form in the road presents its self....

shasta

If questions appears earlier, excuse. Otherwise...Breeders have had excellent stock to work with up to this point, True Blue and Sour Bubble are a few to name. How will Rez stock specifically improve the auto product? Or is the objective simply to make available something entirely different commercially?

OK, another. How do breeders propose to further isolate the "auto" trait only, and at the same time promote characteristics of the good stuff? Respect

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
excellent stock to make the current AF's, yes in some cases.. but were the AF's that were used to make the current AF's excellent... not always.

So by using the best AF parent available now, mated to the best Non AF now.. the resulting strain has to be an improvement.

Then with carefull selection at every stage after to find the plants that have inherited the AF trait.. but lean towards the NON AF parent/strain you are trying to make into AF in all other traits.

Then by backcrossing to the NON AF and inbreeding to make it Autoflowering once again you are reducing the amount of the original AF in the genetic make-up.

Hope that makes sense..?
Mitch

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well it seems potency is the only real factor people or haters can grumble about.

'Once upon a time they, or a friend of theirs tried LR1 and didn't like it.. so now every AF is garbage bla bla'

Try something recent that was grown well and then decide. If you still not happy, wait a couple of years and try again.

Nuff said.

A

auto guerilla

good call. ive almost forgotten the whole point of this thread, i had to read the opening post again lol. well i dont think there's much else to say other than auto's are preferred by some and will never be used by others but theres no need to discriminate against those that will never affect you so hopefully people can be more open minded and stop hating!

the end :)

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
af's provide me with genetics that work perfectlyly with my 'no getting caught' grow methods.

This is exactly WHY I became interested in autos. When I was farming (grain) I had lots of access to safe places. Moving to town changed my outlook and growing terrain. Autos are a lot safer for me now.

I also like that light leaks and timers don't really need to be part of my lexicon.

canned abyss1

Veteran
Back on topic. :)

This is why we like AF's

This was harvested outdoors in mid July
picture.php

picture.php

These were grown in the extra space in my veg room
picture.php

picture.php

nothing wrong with some extra smoke.

La Buena Hierba

ICMag Donor
Veteran
canned abyss1

they look great bro :)

here some of mine.
autoflowering Sour Diesel Haze
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

they verry nice but only they smell verry stronggggggggggggggg

La Buena Hierba

ICMag Donor
Veteran
its close skotty fem seeds are drying from the SDH (short pheno) and Tutti Frutti
Rez wat are you looking for in a AF? for crossing too your strains?

mosstrooper

Is there any particular advantage to growing autoflowerers indoors under lights?

My interest personally in them is because they will finish earlier at 55degrees north.

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is there any particular advantage to growing autoflowerers indoors under lights?

My interest personally in them is because they will finish earlier at 55degrees north.

Advantage indoor (If you only have 1 space..) is the speed of the cycle, from seed to harvest.

The alternative would be to try 12/12 from seed with a fast strain. But not all regular strains would be suitable.

Something fast with some sativa would be a good option for 12/12 from seed, like cindy99, but I haven't seen it be done to compare the results.

P.s one thing with AF's is that because you could give them light 24/0 in a given cycle you can effectively give them 100% more light hours than a 12/12 strain, so that has to increase speed/yield in my opinion.

Latest posts

Latest posts