What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seeds of Africa seedbank???

Genghis Kush

mozambique pondo mystic and coffe grows good, i have young plants now three weeks from begin soaking and germinating, they have well done seven point leafs now, coffe gold short indica pheno, pondo mystic looks like hybrid but with serrated leafs and mozambique is sativa in leafs but short height, all are dark green but pondo slightly lighter

Thanks so much for the info, I'm going to order some Mozambique and Malawi.

How are the Plants doing?

burmese

sorry, i dont have photo on my phone or camera, i strictly use //and have that type//phone only for calls,, pondo, mozambique and coffe were all growed first month with 26w reptilight 10-20cm and 15w led mixed spot light 20cm, only with 0,15l earth capsules for germinating and without any ventilation or co2 in box...//i am always thinking if the plants from extreme vegetated areas need smaller amount of co2, the same become rule maybe with highland strains if co2 falls down to lowlands,, and hey breeders!!! to breeding the plants for tiny growmedium amountand lower co2 requirements?///

plants growed the same as Commercial strains but better in that mean of number points of leafes development ....because i strictly grow only when i am home at night hours usually 11/13 system to 13/11 sometimes i am missed home, or drink too much so no light on,,,,,
these plants developed rapidly to 9-11 point leafs //4th true leafs// agains the commercials like hash plant kalichakra carnival queen mother ....
2. and 3. month i give mozambique 5 l earth , pondo and coffe only 1liter earth and give em more light with 250w dual cfl and first air fan 10w on side down of the box and only co2 is from my breath and sometimes i smoke cigarets between them when the lights are at night on.
mozambique now looks christmas tree medium growing dark green sativa, i topped her week ago and first flowers//petioles?// pollinated with hash plant male and easily become now maybe 10 tops quickly from side branches and seeds easily develops now. ---p.s. dark red stems 60cm x 40cm diameter plant. good for heat because top of the pllant growed right along the reflector in 250w cfl and burned always only the ends of leafs

pondo mystic is now 40x40cm brownred stems, grows wide with some magical grey shadows on natural green leafs//serrated?//now three months and no signs of male/female.
///i would swear that it was female three days before i top hash plant male for smoking medical leafs// side branches grow normal but center top is small growing and slightly mutated leafs and quadriploid? //i dont remember like it says//stems growed to four ways from one node, hybrid looking leafs

coffe gold grows good for sog 70x25cm,, now topped and seeded a week with hashplant male,, it was dark green and leathery sativa leafs but now when become producing seeds became natural light green and nice red stem. //now have 3 seeds done , they are nearly black and some sort of very rounded. maybe she needs fertilizer.
some time later i will all pollinated with my kalichakra male and when there will be some luck then i will pollinate her with purple mazar or blue himalayas regular autoflowering, but its hard to keep a male in autoflowering seeds and the same in landraces africans. ///but still have backup with my impa ruderalis male that growed red stem and wery wide big leafs but i wanted him rather for the purps feminized which grows very big seeds now//seeded too with hash plant// and wide leafs too and sativa too.

those //all//long flowering strains landraces are perfect for experimental small mini growing for seeds because u can pollinated the same female every month with another male and do some small amount of different seeds.
i never grow for profit, i am a medical and botanist like man that smoke every day for health profit and because of car accident

burmese

i forgot the earth medium is mix of river sand and normal Commercial ph neutral earth //i have never problems with any strain in this like grow medium//

idiit

Veteran
picture.php

Mozambique with a few weeks left to go. she is definitely a pure landrace sativa from what i'm seeing.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Oh my minccia, thats a nice branch. Doesnt look too disimilar from Kerala.
I am in love.

Keep 'em coming idiit

waveguide

Veteran
ty burmese on the pondo.. running some of these later this year, only one of each, to breed with indian haze and durban. to get a scent of the spirit.

burmese

nice mozambique photo and good luck waveguide. Pondo is mystical,,, she changes shadows of grey and sometimes she looks like she changes leafs position completely //never seen that indoor// maybe is that some sort of fight against drying-dry air? and grey color change is afected by water amount in leafs?and maybe i smoke much

Genghis Kush

thanks for the plant update Burmese. Sounds like its going to turn out great!

Idiit that plant looks awesome!

very inspiring

burmese

i do a bad pictures of africans but select only one of coffe gold, lightly damaged by intense contact of top with 250w cfl //1cm/and 26w highest uvb cfl//5-10cm//, still develop seeds and do well, give her some guano, still nice reddish stems and leaf petioles,
sorry bad Picture because uvb light only
picture.php

burmese

i fed her day before yesterday with tea-cup of guano on top of media//1l sandy soil//, it cant be overfeed because i dont watered her till the photo from yesterday //guano on top of media mixes with water and come to roots with water///second thing is that i fed her only one before two months with cuptea of guano too
so overfeed can be,but improbable
this can be from high uvb, and low earth amount,,, plants with low earth can easily became selfcannibalism older plants leafs material so some strains have constant biomass depends on amount of earth.,,,,to next she became producing seeds
thcvhunter yeah,, give her a time and wait to see what happens, and some better foto too

padrone

Greetings Idiit and burmese, I am really enjoying your grow. I am about to purchase some SOA... Which of their strains seem to be 100% sativa . I see mozambica and malawi are all sativa, durban also what about the rest and idiit is malawi still your favorite? How does it compare to ace malawi?

idiit

Veteran
the only soa landrace i'm very impressed with so far is the soa Malawi gold. my keeper female cut is called mandingo now ( because I see such great breeding possibilities with her). I have not yet had a chance to properly run outdoors the Mozambique, Transkei, swazi gold. i'm looking at afropips now for the real deal Durban poison as my soa durbans were good but the pure sativa phenos were not as electric and powerful as it would take to be called 'top tier'. good is good. top tier is..... top tier. :)

soa mg: very potent, even indoors. good frost, decent terpenes, very hardy ( I mean very hardy, as in very hardy :) ) I've run the male used hybrids and they were excellent. mandingo finished under intense lumens was and is very psychoactive. outdoors she finished dec. 1 under low winter lumens and was not as good as indoors. the hybrids finished faster that either parent. these were very good as they came in under more intense lumens ( earlier). soa mg is pretty fast finishing after initiating flowering which comes on very late. soa mg is pretty much one pheno( genetically homozygous) yielding pretty much one basic phenotype (homogeneous) from my experiences with the male and female I kept.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090922044613AAnoxPq homogeneous v homozygous

dub's ace Malawi has lots of phenos. for potency and psychoactivity the frosty mum is by far the one you want. his purple Malawi pheno is being used in his violeta release. frosty mum has a little bit of a rude taste that can dominate in hybrids. other ace Malawi phenos taste better.

dubi has even posted ( synchronous with my own ace Malawi experiences) that the heavy, very psychoactive narcotic Malawi can morph via phenotypes and hybrids into a more electric energetic high effects. so, you can get very 'heavy narcotic highly psychoactive' results all the way to highs like in zamaldelica. this is probably why the smoke reports on golden tiger and zamaldelica and Malawi/purple haze vary so much.

both ace and soa Malawi hybrids often exhibit extreme vigor. both are very hardy. the frosty mum from ace can be very frosty. soa has good frost. ace's Malawi finished for me in early November except I got a fast golden tiger that iirc finished in early September. soa Malawi is late finishing run pure but can come in much earlier if mated with an earlier finishing strain.

padrone

Thank you Idiit for your very precise explanation. I will be grabbing soa mg, pondo and mozambique today. Is mozambique hardy? Also what is the proportion of hermies u got from soa mg and mozamb?

idiit

Veteran
my Mozambique male and female were both hermi free, look to be pure unadulterated landrace sativa from what I'm seeing. the Mozambique should be bud rot resistant based on it's bud structure.

no hermies on any of the malwai and mozambiques from my limited runs.

the Malawi keepers were selected for vigor. turned out to be very nice in all regards.

because these strains are currently available from the source I felt no inclination to do a multi parent preservation run. I chose to make beans off the vigorous ones for future runs. i'm an od guerilla grower and I go thru quite a few seeds for the few that make it to harvest. I can't usually make an od run on less than 20 or more seeds.

i'm primarily looking for commercial strain breeder keepers. just because it's a strain with commercial appeal does not mean it can't be great personal smoke as well. the soa Malawi gold is extremely practical strain except for its late od finishing time. ideal in hybrids. i'll have to smoke the Mozambique and see if it has overpowering potency, elite high effects or something else going for it to qualify as a top tier keeper breeder sativa. it certainly has a reputation that justifies exploring her. reeferman recently returned from Africa and reported seeing some dark purple mozambiques but the soa indoor run mzbq 's I chose didn't show colors. maybe cold induced will?

I've got the sativa dom. santa maria pheno ( 2/15 selected from no mercys santa maria ) closer to the planck cut isolated that is my top tier sativa up energetic beeder. she is really impressive and will be hard to beat. the afropips Malawi gold might do that based on billyblog's posts.

Malawi has one of the greatest reputations for landrace sativas and i'm super impressed with the ace frosty mum for narcotic potent psychoactive and the soa mg for potent heavily layered very psychoactive effects. both have extreme vigor, hardiness and good frost from my experiences. the soa mg cures out bright green making its frosty bright green chunky gooey buds (after cure) very commercially attractive. I might add afropips mg to the line up if she performs well. I've also got marlberrys mulanje gold and putting out some mulanje gold/the white hybrids out this year to test. a great Malawi gold is a super star imo.

idiit

Veteran
ic is a classroom where we the students run the curriculum. ic really upped my game and i'm trying to reciprocate. don't want anyone to go away thinking I fancy myself an authority. :)