What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seeds of Africa seedbank???

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Has anybody run Zimbabwe or Mozambique (to finish)?

If not I may just have to be the guinea pig :)

Zimbabwe looks (SOA pic) to have an interisting looking sugar leaf that looks like African crossed with Kush, and funny enough the product description says, "Plants are medium-tall in height and present a high yield of slender, puffy, light green buds with fluffy white hairs. It has a strange, musky, hazy, earthy smell and the taste is almost kush- a very strange mix indeed"

idiit

Veteran
Has anybody run Zimbabwe or Mozambique

soa mozambique indoor run soon. great description on soa site:

link

picture.php

ACE seeds Malawii is insane, I found my keeper, produces super well, with HUGE tricomes!
powerful as hell..... although taste wise she is on the low end.... after couple of months cure, she is tasty, but its a crude, rude taste, not fruity modern hybrid type, its woody, carroty, a bit bitter...... cured to gold is when its at its prime!!!! I love Malawii, it always gets me where I need, despite the size of the joint, couple of hits are enough for the eyes to drop, and become red , feels like they are on fire, head seems to sweal like a baloon, warm lazy feelings, sweat on the forehead, its just ficking insane!

idiit

Veteran
^ yes! ace has a great malawi line and the only major negative is taste. most phenos are narcotic as you say crazyfool*, however i often wondered how zamaldelica could be so electric with so much malawi in it's genetics until i ran some ace malawi hybrids last year and found that ace malawi in hybrids can have some electric properties.

^ yes! ace has a great malawi line and the only major negative is taste. most phenos are narcotic as you say crazyfool*, however i often wondered how zamaldelica could be so electric with so much malawi in it's genetics until i ran some ace malawi hybrids last year and found that ace malawi in hybrids can have some electric properties.

yeah, Ivé read grate reports of Zamadelica, but I still have not tried it, so I can´t coment on it, but YES, I believe that Malawii produces Awsome Hybrids, I´m a personal grower, but love all concerning cannabis, and as soon as possible I´ll start to make my own seed line, i´ve got about 6 mother plants, all personaly selected, and about 3 males..... and I must say, I´m very eager to cross Malawii to my Black widow..... the only bad thing, is that i´ll have to reverse one of the girls...... I still have the rest of 2015 to find some more keepers for my project..... I also got to get my Santa Martha Colombian Gold back from my friend, he´s been keeping this plant for me for more then 5 years!

VirginHarvester

Veteran
ACE seeds Malawii is insane, I found my keeper, produces super well, with HUGE tricomes!
powerful as hell..... although taste wise she is on the low end.... after couple of months cure, she is tasty, but its a crude, rude taste, not fruity modern hybrid type, its woody, carroty, a bit bitter...... cured to gold is when its at its prime!!!! I love Malawii, it always gets me where I need, despite the size of the joint, couple of hits are enough for the eyes to drop, and become red , feels like they are on fire, head seems to sweal like a baloon, warm lazy feelings, sweat on the forehead, its just ficking insane!

Awesome. Would you call it trippy?

idiit

Veteran
the durban and the malawi gold soa both finished od late/last november. both were extremely hardy. we had a polar vortex come in 11/15 that took temps down into the low 20's f. both survived. leaves mangled, bud intact. i've only seen one other strain as/more resilient to cold; mazar i shariff.

sea-crop application can help bring in early harvests:

Significantly, in year 3 the crop came in 2 weeks earlier than others in the area that were planted at the same time. This early harvest characteristic is typical with crops where Sea-Crop has been applied

http://www.sea-crop.com/nitrogen.html

from personal experience using sea-crop for several years indoors and out i believe sea-crop does help early finishing.

planting clones earlier also can bring in earlier harvests on late finishing strains.

otherwise, soa durban and malawi gold might need to be used in hybrids.

interesting side bit: i did not notice the soa mg psychoactivity in the three hybrids i made, but nothing conclusive yet.

JACKBAYBEH

idiit,
What other benefits do you see from using the sea-crop?
I ask because I ran across this product a few years back and had thought about trying it out. Kinda forgot about it until I read your post.
Funny thing is that when I ran across it I wasn't even looking for anything "grow" related. Was doing some research on the purported benefits of monatomic elements on the body. Anyway, just wondering if any of the other claims they make on their site hold any weight. (increased size, improved flavors) TIA for your input bro.

On a side note: I still need to order me some SOA beans. Damn! :biggrin:

idiit

Veteran
What other benefits do you see from using the sea-crop?

extremely happy plants. the fan leaves going vertical, lush look, shorter inl's. sea-crop is natural fully chelated (read available) sea solids in an h20 suspension (not soluble, suspended) state. i believe that soluble outdoors is easily leached. i don't know about sea-90 or the other sea solid ferts.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=81260

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=166058

^ two ic mag sea solid threads

Was doing some research on the purported benefits of monatomic elements on the body

i ingest sea-crop; available trace minerals, high source of ormus. my dog had some arthritis problems and after feeding her sea-crop every meal she seemed relieved. the dog doctors highly recommend trace mineral supplements for dogs with arthritis.

the #1 key to health and vitality in plants and humans is proper nutrition. the biggest blunder of modern day horticulture and human nutrition is not paying attention to the proper chelation (read available) of the trace minerals imo. organic produce and meats used to be tested for trace mineral content. nowadays organic food is not. brix test is fine, but it is no substitute for trace mineral testing like the good ol' days.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
I have those pages open now, exploring.

Great info, thank you.

I've often commented about how my plants eat better than I do. I've been working on changing that since last summer.

JACKBAYBEH

idiit,
Thanks for the links man. Very informative. Def gonna give sea crop a try. Interested in that 3 part from Great Lakes Garden supply as well.

As for me, I've been taking a supplement called Golden Dragon from Mother Earth Alchemy.
It definitely has boosted my immune system. I'm also more energetic and mentally acute when taking it vs. not. thanks once more.

Has anyone popped anything recently from SOA? I've read through this thread. I was just wondering if any strains are showing more "pure" landrace sativa traits since I've read that a lot of African strains have been tainted. Are 2 packs required to find a keeper? Would you recommend 2 packs of 1 strain or spread it out over a couple? Which strain/strains come the most recommended?

Thanks

Mr. Roseberry

idiit

Veteran
Mr. Roseberry,

907994cc7547c232237108e30425fca7_1387458.jpg

f0250d86fdf2e27a528e184c7947082e_1401487.jpg

03d29327d3967d0ad4807ea872ae1c22_1401486.jpg

^^soa mozambique from seedlings to now. smoking dry fan leaves from pic. #3 today for early test re terps, potency, high effects.

the soa mozambique looks to be clear of 'adam' and indica in general influence in all germinated seedlings/plants so far. excellent germination rates. go to my albums and click on pics. for enlarged/magnified view.

the soa malawi gold:

popped 1 pack. mostly runts and no-germs. two phenos exhibited strong vigor, identical looking except one was male, one female. both no herms. kept cut of female and call her mandingo. male was tested out in 2 hybrids last year and confirmed as a good soa mg breeder. pollinated mandingo with this male for my p2 soa mg beans. 50/50 germination rates.

durban soa:

ran two packs in total. one pack per run. only got three sativa looking females and one sativa dom male. no herms. the durban #3 (sometimes i made mistake and called it durban #2 but it was in fact d#3) that smoked the most potent. has good up mixed mind/body high. good potency. sativa high for first couple hrs. and then goes into more mellow relxed come down yet still pleasant. undertones of anisce seed terps. good germination rates.

transkei soa:

ran it for preservation run last year. pics. gone. good germ rates, looks to be clear of indica type pollution by my results. haven't run outdoors yet.

the zamal and the durban were not pure sativas. need at least two packs of zamal and i recommend three packs for the durban to have a good chance of getting a super potent, speed racer type durban sativa. i did not run indica influenced durbans. indica influenced durbans are common in africa from what i've read.

Mr. Roseberry,

View Image

View Image

View Image

^^soa mozambique from seedlings to now. smoking dry fan leaves from pic. #3 today for early test re terps, potency, high effects.

the soa mozambique looks to be clear of 'adam' and indica in general influence in all germinated seedlings/plants so far. excellent germination rates. go to my albums and click on pics. for enlarged/magnified view.

the soa malawi gold:

popped 1 pack. mostly runts and no-germs. two phenos exhibited strong vigor, identical looking except one was male, one female. both no herms. kept cut of female and call her mandingo. male was tested out in 2 hybrids last year and confirmed as a good soa mg breeder. pollinated mandingo with this male for my p2 soa mg beans. 50/50 germination rates.

durban soa:

ran two packs in total. one pack per run. only got three sativa looking females and one sativa dom male. no herms. the durban #3 (sometimes i made mistake and called it durban #2 but it was in fact d#3) that smoked the most potent. has good up mixed mind/body high. good potency. sativa high for first couple hrs. and then goes into more mellow relxed come down yet still pleasant. undertones of anisce seed terps. good germination rates.

transkei soa:

ran it for preservation run last year. pics. gone. good germ rates, looks to be clear of indica type pollution by my results. haven't run outdoors yet.

the zamal and the durban were not pure sativas. need at least two packs of zamal and i recommend three packs for the durban to have a good chance of getting a super potent, speed racer type durban sativa. i did not run indica influenced durbans. indica influenced durbans are common in africa from what i've read.

Thanks a lot. That was very helpful. So for my situation you would probably recommend 2 packs of either the transkei or Mozambique? I'm really only looking for 1 or 2 keepers. I need to be real with myself. I don't have a ton of room to keep multiple strains and phenos. I've been growing clones from my fem seeds for a couple years so I'm sure anything close to a real African sativa will blow me away.

Thanks again

Mr. Roseberry

Genghis Kush

I'm looking for something I can grow in Hawaii.

Has anybody grown Pondo Mystic or Coffee Gold??

I have smoked herb from both areas and they where excellent!

burmese

mozambique pondo mystic and coffe grows good, i have young plants now three weeks from begin soaking and germinating, they have well done seven point leafs now, coffe gold short indica pheno, pondo mystic looks like hybrid but with serrated leafs and mozambique is sativa in leafs but short height, all are dark green but pondo slightly lighter