What's new

seedlings not growing..

Bwanabud

Me Neither Mike, and I don't care about utility bills..mine is $2800 a month, just for lights/fans/etc...I know a bit about growing too :)

I run 55 600w HPS lites non-stop in bloom, 12 months a year,,,and have separate space for all my veg/clone/babies. If I shared the same space for some smoke, then I'd be flipping faster at 3-4 weeks veg too. I'm running 200 clones at a time, and hundreds of babies vegging. But 8 weeks veg, works perfect for 8 weeks bloom...out with the finished girls, in with the new girls.

I pull more plants in a year, than most will ever grow in a lifetime...it doesn't mean I know everything, but it guarantees I'm not a bullshitter.

One thing is for sure: There are a hundred ways to do it right, and 1000 ways to do it wrong...never quit learning, or life becomes stagnant :)

Bwanabud

Mike I assume he's running a tent, or closet grow with 1 600watter...shared space...but he's running LED's in veg.

Mike Myers

Rastaman watch your nightime humidity if your using a tent, scrapped the tent I had for that exact reason. Was short on plugs near the tent to set up a blower and humidistat. Much better since moving it. Even with flaps open and a 70 pint still didn't cut it.

rasta man

Rastaman watch your nightime humidity if your using a tent, scrapped the tent I had for that exact reason. Was short on plugs near the tent to set up a blower and humidistat. Much better since moving it. Even with flaps open and a 70 pint still didn't cut it.
Mike..you say watch humidity..I do but not so sure where it should be..I think its supposed to be high for seedlings and low for budding?

rasta man

Yea that's some serious wattage mang. Rasta man do you only have one 600 to flower under?
actually have not bought the light yet but thats what I was planning..I have 4 marshydro 300 at 140 watts each but they dont put out much of a footprint ..started out in closet and decided to get the extra light and spread out in the room which I dont use ...started with a small idea and it keeps getting bigger...so I wll have the 4 led`s besides the 600..Im thinkin I will just keep them close to the closet and maybe put two lights to a plant.. just not sure yet...

rasta man

Me Neither Mike, and I don't care about utility bills..mine is $2800 a month, just for lights/fans/etc...I know a bit about growing too :)

I run 55 600w HPS lites non-stop in bloom, 12 months a year,,,and have separate space for all my veg/clone/babies. If I shared the same space for some smoke, then I'd be flipping faster at 3-4 weeks veg too. I'm running 200 clones at a time, and hundreds of babies vegging. But 8 weeks veg, works perfect for 8 weeks bloom...out with the finished girls, in with the new girls.

I pull more plants in a year, than most will ever grow in a lifetime...it doesn't mean I know everything, but it guarantees I'm not a bullshitter.

One thing is for sure: There are a hundred ways to do it right, and 1000 ways to do it wrong...never quit learning, or life becomes stagnant :)
dang... no wonder you use so much perlite...sounds like a factory..

Mike Myers

Yes the humidity can be higher for veg and seedlings. Still should keep an eye out though, powdery mildew can ruin any garden and thrives in high RH and low air flow. My time flowering in a tent caused nothing but headache. Nighttime RH would get up above 70. Others have crushed it in tents but where I had it, it was a struggle.

Mike Myers

actually have not bought the light yet but thats what I was planning..I have 4 marshydro 300 at 140 watts each but they dont put out much of a footprint ..started out in closet and decided to get the extra light and spread out in the room which I dont use ...started with a small idea and it keeps getting bigger...so I wll have the 4 led`s besides the 600..Im thinkin I will just keep them close to the closet and maybe put two lights to a plant.. just not sure yet...

How big is your space? Are you keeping a veg/mamma area when you flip?

Bwanabud

6x6 plus a 2x4 closet but not separate...no mamma...shut down for summer ...mainly a winter thing ...hope to start some autos in march and put outside first of may..

Auto's suck bro, and don't need a photo period either,,,they will be terrible outside.

rasta man

Auto's suck bro, and don't need a photo period either,,,they will be terrible outside.

was thinking of growing them inside for 6 weeks then putting them out... dont think they would grow a couple ounces that way Bwanabud? be done by end of June before the birds fly

Bwanabud

was thinking of growing them inside for 6 weeks then putting them out... dont think they would grow a couple ounces that way Bwanabud? be done by end of June before the birds fly

I'm just saying they are supposed to be kept under lights 24/7, they don't require a photo period of light/dark. If you put them outside, they will take a while to finish, and probably yield very low. I grew a bunch of Russian Rocketfuel autos a couple times, they yielded 1 1/2z a piece...they looked great, but the quality was garbage(taste & high).

But if you have some free seeds, or bought already..give them a try, I think you'll be disappointed.

rasta man

I looked but did not see anything about this... I will ask you guys if its allowed since it veers off the seedling thing..a friend has some clones... some spider mites that is treating with azamax... he says that it dont matter what you do, you are gonna end up with the spider mites... says they are even in the promix...and its just something that you learn to deal with... opinions on that... should i stay away from them.. I only have the 5 seedlings ... the other bag seed not up yet.. so mainly just wondering what you think about the spider mite thing...

Bwanabud

It's certainly safer not to take clones/babies from anyone else at all, but if they have mites I'd stay away. The Borg is difficult to wipe out, they end up in carpet, clothes, pets, etc...I have had to deal with them 3 times, Azamaz & Azatrol is my go to solution to wipe them out. But It's dangerous if the weed is smoked within 3 weeks of treatment.

The little bastages can lay dormant for weeks/months like ticks, then kick it in and infest your happy plants. ProMix is no different than any other soil, saturate the 1st 2 inches of media...spray the plant, underside of leaves, everything,,,wait 8 days and do it again. You have to change up the brand products also, they will build an immunity to the same poison...then pass that immunity onto the eggs/babies, then you have a real problem.

Thus: The Borg

Mike Myers

Mites can be a problem if you don't tackle it right away. Honestly I haven't seen them since spraying spinosad every now and then. PM is my greatest fear. Whatever cuts you take keep them quarantined until you know they're clean.

Bwanabud

Mike is right, Spinosad is the main ingredient of Azamaz & Azatrol. There are tons of products on the market, including safe ones. Make sure to wear a mask spraying Spinosad products, it's bad shit...your kids will have 3 eyes and shit.

Thrips tend to be my main problem, they are bastages also...mold never a problem, 4-5 air changes per minute & no problems.

G

Mike is right, Spinosad is the main ingredient of Azamaz & Azatrol. There are tons of products on the market, including safe ones. Make sure to wear a mask spraying Spinosad products, it's bad shit...your kids will have 3 eyes and shit.

Thrips tend to be my main problem, they are bastages also...mold never a problem, 4-5 air changes per minute & no problems.

Azamax & Azatrol are neem based products, active ingredient is 'Azadirachtin' and doesn't contain Spinosad. Short of drinking it out of the bottle, I think Spinosad is fairly safe. I do use gloves and clean up well after use, just to be sure.

Bwanabud

Azamax & Azatrol are neem based products, active ingredient is 'Azadirachtin' and doesn't contain Spinosad. Short of drinking it out of the bottle, I think Spinosad is fairly safe. I do use gloves and clean up well after use, just to be sure.

Keif, I stand corrected..you're right :tiphat: I had a brain fart and was confusing it with the other stuff I've used...can't think of the name of it, but will look tomorrow..whatever it is(white bottle/red writing), is nasty stuff.