What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

seedling insanity

antheis

Veteran
here they are on day 15 of flower

picture.php

and today, 22nd day of flower

picture.php

they might be done stretching now. everytime i think they're done stretching they grow 4 more inches. one male is within 2 inches of the light. yesterday i gave all the males a good shake and turned a fan on high to get everyone good and seeded.

i was worried about the intersex issues, but decided to let them go and see what happens. most of the male sacs are opening and having pistils inside or just green growth. no pollen at all.

picture.php

picture.php

turns out i was was off when i thought my selected pheno was showing at 20%. there are 23 out of 42 (including males) of my selected pheno. there isn't a way to figure out what percentage this pheno shows at because i killed over 60 seedlings before i could even begin distinguish phenos other than height/growth rate.
since over half of the females are of the pheno i want i'm going to scrap growing out cuts to tighten the expressions.
they do root well though
picture.php

i did take cuts of three females that i wanted to try out and all but one have rooted. i'm not worried about it though.

antheis

Veteran
i left the boys to mature as long as i could to see if any started developed frost or intersex issues. no male showed either as of day 31 of flower when i had to cut them down. i have another box going into flower and can't have live males throwing pollen everywhere.

here is the last shot i have of everyone.

picture.php

and after
picture.php

the girls are developing a wide range of smells. they all have a hashy/sweet fruit undertone. the dominant scent is where the difference lies. with quite a range - from pepper to onion to coffee to vinyl/rubber.

intersex is continuing to be an issue with a most plants. most have 1-5 clusters of male sacs throwing what seems to be viable pollen. to test the pollen i found a lower bud that still had white hairs and plucked an open sac and sprinkled pollen over it.

picture.php

and this one looks like she is about to start throwing nanners. probably going to bless the birds with some seed from this one.

picture.php