What's new

Seed sizes.....any difference

M

MrSterling

Sativa, those sorts of precise percentages of Sativa/Indica work well on paper when calculating ancestry, but genetics kinda kicks Mendel in the balls a lot past basic dominant/recessive. I think the percentage thing should be taken with a grain of salt, like most things on a breeder pack. Especially for polyhybrids.

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
Sativa, those sorts of precise percentages of Sativa/Indica work well on paper when calculating ancestry, but genetics kinda kicks Mendel in the balls a lot past basic dominant/recessive. I think the percentage thing should be taken with a grain of salt, like most things on a breeder pack. Especially for polyhybrids.

Honestly when I first started seeing the percentages I thought how could they do that but what you say makes sense, I have found all kinds of different Phenos in some DNA seeds recently that are supposed to be stabilized.

Thanks

T

TOKA

stawberry diesel produces the smallest seeds ive ever seen, smaller than my laotion landrace.

Nunsacred

To make a seed in most flowering plants there are two fertilisation events,
that's two pollen grains hitting up 2 ovule nuclei.

one of these zygotes goes on to form the embryo
the other
goes on to form the food store, the pale starchy stuff which ends up powering the sugar production in the cotyledons later.

It's the latter one which really affects the size of the seed and I'm sure this is paternal encoded/inherited.
It's fascinating as one of the zygotes has its epigenetic state
transferred directly from the mother, the other gets 'reset'.

In many ways though this information is of limited use to any of us
as each cross is going to show its own quirks and dominance

Latest posts

Latest posts