Sednal's 09' GL80 Tent, 400w HPS - CH9 XX, Mendo

• Remove the weakest link

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Keep 5 in, moving them daily for max light exposure

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sednal

To address the light cycle question they were veg'd in the chamber for 24hr lights on. They were in there longer then we like'd (more info on original post that i updated) when the tent was assembled they were put in and put on a 12/12 light cycle. They then started to flower and it has been 11 days. If we could go back in time we think we would have veg'd in the tent with a 400w mh bulb for a week but our time machine is in the shop:(

We are running optimal temps right now without the hood being air cooled. And are raising the light to keep temps perfect but not to burn(have seen in pics what this can do) The original idea was to air cool the hood for the first flowering but we ran into problems with the 6" to 4" reducers(to big for the tent) from homedepot and had to get small custom ones from a ducting shop(just obtained). We think we are going to stick with this current setup for this flowering, but will be air cooling the hood for the next cycle (most likely in the manner you have).

Like we said again though our air intake temp is 67 F and the temps are optimal at canopy level. My concern though is will our current canfan 4" have the power to keep the negative preasure in the room so the odor is still controlled?..adding the extra say 4' of ducting and resistance from going though the hood...

going to add 6" ducting caps to the ends till we A/C the hood next grow.

Last edited:

Cyber9

I'd keep them uncapped, at least that way a little heat is escaping though the holes, and not all directed down at the plants.. whats your reasoning for capping them? :joint:

sednal

I'd keep them uncapped, at least that way a little heat is escaping though the holes, and not all directed down at the plants.. whats your reasoning for capping them? :joint:

good point i dont know why we came up with the idea to cap them i think it was more lumens directed downward. were gonna stick with how everything is now and then do the needed improvments after this cycle finishes.

yah good idea. there is so many things i want to do, so many suppliments and techniques i want to try. im going to fight the urge and just let them go, then get the grow fine tuned on the next couple runs...and then it will be winter time, so i can add more tents and more lights and not fight the heat :muahaha:

sednal

HELP NEEDED

HELP NEEDED

Sorry about the lack of attention paid to this post by us. We have been tending to our outdoor grow since the weather has been alot nicer.

We have been on a normal feeding schedule of Pro bloom and LK every 3rd watering since flowering but due to our R/O watering filtering machine breakdown, we have been watering with ph'd tap water. Everything looked fantastic at day 20 of flowering. At day 20 they were given their nutes.

Just to restate, were growing in 4 gallon containers and water 1 gallon per plant, fed slowly so they dont just drip out quickly. Another thing i must mention is that these plants were rushed into sprout/veg in time release Miracle Grow soil due to lack of funds at the time. As soon as we could we got them out of their small vegging containers into 4 gallon containers with Pro-mix. Originally we planned to just veg these plants in their small containers and transplant outdoors but due to shitty weather conditions we decided to do them indoors (our first time).

So everthing was going great until they got their last dose of ferts (with ph'd tap water, on day 23rd of 12/12, mainly in the one(the formerlly healthiest) mendocino. This plant started showing little brownish/blackish spots on the leaves, along with yellowing and curling of the ends. The next day and following days the spots increased, and so did the yellowing, curling, and dying of the leaves. This started on their mid-height shade leaves and from their went up and down. This plant is the fastest flower of them all and we are concerned because the others are starting to show these signs at the same stages of flowering...

after hours of racking hour brains and research we decided we needed to flush the 2 mendo completely with distilled water (8g each). The followering are pics of the 2 mendos that are showing the sickness, The two double X sativa dominates are not as far along in flowering but are begining to show the same symptons...

*PLEASE HELP* an more info need about the grow can be found in this current grow diary. The link is in my signature

This is a picture of the other mendo that is starting to show the symptoms
feverbuds.jpg

The symptoms of the above mendo^
feversymptoms.jpg

NOW COMES THE SICKIE!!! The most gorgeous plant untill now...Flowered Faster then the other mendo
sickietop.jpg

A close up if the sickie, is it us or do the buds still look delicious....
sickie.jpg

sednal

The good ones :)

The good ones :)

I didn't get into the 2 ch9 Double X in the post. They are doing very well. They are very sativa dominate and are actually still stretching in flowering at day 30, Picutres will come in the morning when the night cycle ends.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

sorry sednal about the plants, hope you can get them straight. i would make a post in the infirmary ?sp? if you havent already, be sure to fill out the questionair. im sure the kind people that frequent there will help you out

sednal

Yea have a post over there, the flushing of the two seems so far so good...i really think the main problem is the time release soil it was started in and the neuts we added locked them out or neut burned them either way were flushing the other 2 and sticking with distilled water without neuts until they hopefully get back on track

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
Problems

Problems

Hi Sednal. Nice looking grow.

I had the exact same problem as you, it presented the same, and at the time, about 3 weeks into forced flower.

Mine were grown in soil, and my mistake was I always tested the pH of the water going in, but never the pH of the water coming out. Once I had this problem someone suggested I test the pH of the water in the overflow tray AFTER a flush-watering, and sure enough, it was pH 5.

After that I started flushing with water that was pH 8.5, and after 3 waterings it balanced out. My plants never totally recovered, and 2 even hermied on me, but I grew from bagseed and had temp issues as well.

I really hope your grow works out for you, I'll check in on it from time-to-time. Looks great so far though!

sednal

We did exactly that, flushed and let the time release nutes along with some additional general nutes do the job.

we just harvested one of the mendo's today and we have never grown nugs as big, dense, and crystalized.

We are now starting the next round and doing it right. We are using LC's soiless mix #2 along with the full bonticare line. Were are really stoked on the benefits of a pure organic grow. One thing i am insure of is do i nute with the intial watering(putting seeds from germ box into soil for sprouting)? No cutting corners this time.

On a side note the 7 outdoors are doing amazing and will have pics of them soon, along with the next 4 that are in germ/sprout currently.

Hey man, nice thread. Good looking plants. Any harvest pics?

On the subject of the ac light, I personally have mine set up like this. Passive in takes > Can filter > inline fan > A/C hood > out of the exhaust. I have a RVK inline fan 100 mm (4")A1 175 m3/h.

I put a speed control on. On its lowest setting it still has negative pressure ( Zero smell) and pumps alot of air out of the hood, The glass is only slightly warm, I can hold my hand on it for ages and it never gets uncomfortable

I think you should consider A/Cing that hood or get a non A/C reflector because it will shorten the bulb life like that.

Hope that helps

sednal

thanks! sorry bout the lack of pics and attention to thread, our business eats up the summer days.

The hood is being A/C for next flowering, the 4 mendo's are in seperate veg chamber....pics to come of both(the flowering tent is still arocking)

we have to wait abit cause the double X are sativa dominate and taking longer....bud pics to come, theyd be here now but SOMEONE dropped the camera in our outdoor water collection container.

sednal

The double X's are finshing and weve had vegging 4 double X for the past two weeks, a second post will be comming entitled LESSONS LEARNED Sedies #2 indoor.

regarding the poll you took on how many plants to have in the unit. i've been doing the hobby for many years and went from 8 plants in a 5' x 5.5' x 11' (height) closet, where each lady had inches to spare without touching other plants to an average of 16 (as many as 20) where the plants were intertwined with each other fighting for space. dirt farmer, 1000 watt HPS, 3 gall grow bags and i LSTed for mucho branching.

crowded? you betcha but i believe i always got a better overall yeild with more plants packed in. i also never moved them around except to water and they generally went right back to where they were. i have a couple threads on this site of how crowded the room would be during flower. most growers will tell you to give each girl her own space for the better yeild but after many years averaging 3.5 grows a year, i disagree! maybe i'm just not doing something right! :) in addition, the closet was often 95 to 105 degrees during the summer and i was always a day or 2 late in watering them. i'm retired and REAL lazy! ;)

my largest yeild was 24 oz (man was i shocked) but i was using genetics that provided high yeild (stonehenge and SSH). i averaged 16 oz per crop. all for personal use except what my chimmney of a gf would steal after forcing me to have sex. it's hard to say no with a smile on your face!

just my 2cents on space and numbers of plants!

by the way, i don't currently have any clones so i'm going to put 36 seedlings in the tent
(3" square containers) and once i cull the males i'm planning on ending up with 20 to 25 fems in this little growlab 80. 1 gall grow bags for flower doing a SOW (i think they both have a 5" foot print). now that's crowding! i won't have to close the front of the tent so that should help.

should be interesting.

Latest posts

Latest posts