What's new

Security measures for outdoors.

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
silverback said:
The traps aren't effecient at all and yes leo is pissed and keeps escalating the situation with more and more extreme behavior. The real problem is that the people here aren't impressed or or afraid of the police and have a confrontational mindset that either we fight back or, they run all over us and force their outside ways and laws against us.- the traps are to make them pay for that trespass.
I do know what your saying, I do know where your coming from (fuck, might even have met you :biglaugh:....), but, still no logic to it...(If I would have stayed down there, I'd be doing 25 now myself right along with the people you describe above...(I was there before FBI coming in to shut it all down way back when.....(trying) well,for the moment....:biglaugh:....)

You are right on about a lot of things, and, to people who don't know.......therein lies the true "war" on drugs...(ie: victims who are striking back physically against the aggressors)....and, I've often talked about it with people.....who talk of the "war"....who talk of the "fight"....:smoke:....Only one I know is down there :smoke:...

I've always found that admirable......(unwise, against ones own interests...illogical.......but, nevertheless....)

But.......your statement sums it up.......which can also be applied with logic:
Your up against superior manpower, superior firepower, a greater budget, and endless resources...(which is impressive, and, people should fear) ...Direct confrontation against such, can never prevail....

Providing for families?.....I saw entire families brought down......

Either your at war, or providing for family......you can't do both...

Traps and violence by your own statement only escalate it, which make it more difficult to provide for others....

Edit: And, I know for a fact it's divided.......those whose behavior bring the heat down worse, and those who are displeased with those bringing all that heat down on them also, making it harder to do business..

In short: The extra heat that you receive is brought on by your own actions :smoke:...

Last edited:

Smoke68

Silverback, I completely understand that growing pot is a way of life for some people. A way with no other means of income... but I see no need for traps... I can think of far more humane ways of keeping people from my patches... BTW, since this is their way of life, wouldn't they have a man(or woman) posted on site in case rippers or LEO came through?
I could understand proximity sensors, or private land signs or even fencing to give the illusion of property...
I think traps are going to be creating a bigger problem than you originally had... When you fight fire with fire, everybody gets burned.

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
I think everybody gets it.... maybe stay on track and don't digress toooo much?

G

I apologize Mr. Celcius, you are absolutely right.

Back on track now, Backcounty had one of the best ideas Ive heard in a while, and that was to mount one of those game cameras in the area so you have a record of the traffic that happened near the patch. In fact there are several good tips in that thread.

G

PazVerdeRadical said:
all I know is that if I'm on national park or public land and someone asked me what was I doing there, I would probably laugh at their stupid ass face. who the hell do people think they are asking others abut their personal biznes? stop behaving like frightened children out in the woods and men won't pick on you.

peace

You must be a "city boy" and I realize that this was an early post of yours. I hope you have changed your attitude about people asking you what you're doing while out in the boondocks.

If you take that attitude with people out here in the Northern Rocky Mountain country that I live in....you could be in more trouble than you know.

I spend a LOT of time out in the boondocks. Sometimes spring bear hunting. I like to hike and prospect in the summer. I bowhunt beginning in September. Rifle hunt after bow season.

And even though I live in a pretty unpopulated area, I see locals in places I'd think I'd never see anyone. I've only lived here for 5 years or so. I'm not local. There are always berry pickers and/or mushroom pickers around in season. Hunters like myself out hunting or scouting places to hunt later in the year. Logging is big business here and loggers can show up ANYwhere, anytime.(Just get a smart mouth with a logger and see where it gets you. And some locals just like to "be out in the woods" for no particualr reason. I do that all the time. I love to get a buzz and ride the 100's of miiles of FS roads around here. I can't tell you how many times I've run into folks where I didn't think there would be anyone.

And it is a good idea to be POLITE when you meet someone you don't know in the middle of nowhere. You get an "attitude" with these people, they may not say anything to you, but bet your ass they will say something to someone. You never know who they may have grown up with...like the county sheriff. Meth labs are a problem in my area. That's one reason local people are sometimes suspicious of encountering "strangers" in the forest.

You may want to keep that in mind.

And I agree, traps of any kind are childish and just plain stupid.

pedro
:sasmokin:

Last edited:
G

silverback said:
I apologize Mr. Celcius, you are absolutely right.

Back on track now, Backcounty had one of the best ideas Ive heard in a while, and that was to mount one of those game cameras in the area so you have a record of the traffic that happened near the patch. In fact there are several good tips in that thread.

Game cameras are a good idea BUT, make sure the flash is disabled on the camera :sasmokin:

pedro