What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Secret Jardin Grow Lab Club! Wattage doesn't matter!

Hippie420

That is my fear is the DR90 II will come up just an inch short on each side, where as I know that table will fit in the Hydrohut SE 3'x3' since it's like 40''x40''x78'' I believe, I know on the Hydrohut website the claim their 3'x3' tent will hold that table no issues.
But I want the Secret Jardin because they do the best lightproofing in tents on the market today... although the HH SE has the best structure on the market today... Anyone familiar with both capable of sharing a side by side comparison??

laughingmoon

While each tent is Y x Z inches, you have to keep in mind that you lose some of that space to the framework/tent poles within. If you're pushing it on any dimensions pre-purchase, you're going to have a real pain in the ass on your hands when your orders arrive.

I just put up my SJ DR150 II and it also has a few pinhole light leaks around the zippers on the sides. I don't anticipate this being problem because there won't be much external light when I flip to flower.
I just have to figure out how to hook up a air cooled reflector and how to setup an exhaust with a carbon filter and a fresh air intake.
All my past growing was done in a closed system room with a/c for cooling and supplemental CO2.

Peace..

Hippie420

I know the 3'x3' AH Flood and Drain system I want fits into the Hydrohut as they recommend it on the website for that tent... I suppose if I wanted to I could get the 4'x4' DR II tent... But with a 3'x3' tent I'll be pushing roughly 67W/Sq Ft. with my 600W Digital MH/HPS
Which would be prime with the Scrog I want to do in the 3'x3' tent

Neuronaut

Whats up fellas. I am jumping on this band wagon. I have a couple tents that I am in the process of getting up and running. A homebox XL 4X4 with 400watt MH for veg and A Growlab 120L 4x8 with 1200watt hps for flower. It will be a while until I get up and running but I'll post some pics when I can.
JUst one quick question for you guys. I am debating on getting two 6" Blockbuster or two 6" Yield master 2 supremes for the 4x8... which one do you think would be better?

Cainea

I got myself a DP90 tent for seedlings and short veg, works out great so far with a 125w CFL running in there.
A tad hot sometimes unless I keep the tent open unfortunatly but I shouldnt expect more without a fan moving the air at all

Hamburglar

I've got myself a Secret Jardin dr80 set up with a few small plants in veg currently. I had started the seedlings with an LED whilst waiting for a contactor and vortex fan to arrive. My temps have been fine (around 80f) but growth was slow.

Last night I installed my carbon filter,4" exhaust fan and a 400w HPS in the tent. Overnight my temps have ROCKETED to to 97f!! I have a small clip-on fan in there that is aimed at the reflector but it hasn't really done much.

What is the easiest method to get my temps back to a normal range for these guys? I have the possibility of getting a cool-tube, but not for a week or so. Any pointers?

For reference, I am in a ground floor flat, so I can't have the window open whilst alseep/at work.

laughingmoon

Check where you're venting, make sure the exhaust air does not mingle with the intake. Double up on the intake if you can, so you're not wanting for fresh air. Also, raise your lights so your canopy doesn't burn. Lastly, shut off any electronic devices in your room which would be raising that ambient temperature, as well.

Hamburglar

I have to vent back into the room that the tent is in as I am in a ground floor flat that has a footpath go by the bedroom. I'll give the lights a raise after work.

I do have some 5" ducting, so I'll see if I can use that on the intakes later on.

N

NextUp

New Tent!

Love the Secrete Jardin DR 120 II
And the small Dark Propagator for clones and mommas!

This thread helped me pick these tents. Thanks all

Here she is ready for action!

Going to have x2 400 watts CMH Vert' +x1 96 watts Pl-L on each wall........
Two tier 4' plants bottom 12/12 seed
small squat indie' up top, in hung by wire air pots.

First run will equal 30 plants.......shooting for 1 oz a plant!

Air is

a 6" 400 cfm blower outside tent, sucking through a T......
One 6" in from main tent, one 4" in from Dark Propagator...
through a Phat carbon scrubber..........

Dark Propagator has

x3 100 watt 5500k compacts
X2 55watt 10k PL-L bulbs..

Has a De humid' inside tent
Also has a Davis Weather station that tells me inside outside temp and humid readings, with alarms...

Laventille

Sounds like a very creative way to use the space!
Look forward to seeing you post more on your grow NextUp.

The latest DR's look really nicely made too.

phunka

I might have missed it scanning through all the pages, but has anyone added extra vents to there tents?

I could really use another sleeve type fresh air inlet. I dont like opening the screen up because its not very stealth with light pouring out of it.

I thought I saw somewhere you could get two black pvc pipe type pieces that screw into each other, so you cut a hole and install these two bits and voila a new port...I just cant find that post? am i crazy or can someone point me in the right direction?

D

DGSIX

I'm currently runing a secret jardin 4x4 and a homebox 3x3.

4x4 has 1000w air cooled and vented out of the room. Carbon scrubs out the top and ambient intake through the intakes on each side.

3x3 is a sunblaze 28 for veggining, cloning, and a mom or 2. Also ambient intake with a 4 inch inline fan and dust shroom till i get a lil carbon scrubber.

My tents are happier with ambient intake than with a fan for some reason and stay exactly the temp on the thermostat for my house. It's quieter without the fan on the floor over head too.

I'll throw up some pics later of exactly how i have everything ducted and what not for people new to growing in tents. It's intense.

-DG-

phunka

Hey DGSIX, I'd love to see some pics of the ventilation. I'm in the process of fine tuning a new tent and it always helps to see what has worked for others :)

D

DGSIX

This is sufficient to keep my 4x4 at comfotable temp/rh during all stages of growth from veggining under 600w MH to flowering under 1000w HPS.

picture.php

6" windtunnel pulling through carbon scrubber up and out into the same room as the tents. 6" windtunnel pulling fresh are from the room in and blowing it over my bulb, out of the tent, and out the wall into another space.

picture.php

Passive intake - the force of my carbon scrubbers suction pulls air in through 2 sections of 4" ducting on each side of my tent that are long enough to avoid light leaks.

picture.php

Current temp of my house/tents even though it's a nippley 24degrees outside.

Enjoy friends!:tiphat:

DG6

Latest posts

Latest posts