What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Secret Jardin Grow Lab Club! Wattage doesn't matter!

Tony Sativa

Just one 6 inch in the top of the Dr120W. If you need Duct socks for a Air cooled reflector you will have to move up to a Dr 150W it's got them and alot more headroom so heat won't be as bad.

F

ForbiddenFruit

How much weight has anyone hung from the original DR120? The spec is 65lb (30kg). My plan calls for LED fixtures, fan and filter weighing a total of 60 pounds. It will be evenly distributed across the four ceiling cross rods.

I can hang a Can 33, SuperSun 2 hood and a Vortex 6 inch in a DR120, without any issues.

norrinthe

I am looking to get a tent and get started. I am looking at Secret Jardin Dark Room Pro DR120 II Grow Tent. What kind of reflector hood should I get? Cool Tube??

M

medwa

I can hang a Can 33, SuperSun 2 hood and a Vortex 6 inch in a DR120, without any issues.

Thanks for the reply. I've decided to use a 4' x 6' HydroHut instead, for multiple reasons--chief among them is the stronger framework.

tr1ck_

Thanks for the reply. I've decided to use a 4' x 6' HydroHut instead, for multiple reasons--chief among them is the stronger framework.

Isnt HydroHut one of the lower quality tents? I was always under the impressions Secret Jardin, and Homebox were the two best.

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
Isnt HydroHut one of the lower quality tents? I was always under the impressions Secret Jardin, and Homebox were the two best.
Me too.

I started with the HydroHut 3 years ago - it was 'okay' but nothing much.

I bought the Secret Jardin about 8 months ago and the build quality and materials were several steps above the original HydroHut.

But that was 3 years ago - right before HydroHut's gassing issue became apparent.

YMMV

CC

M

medwa

I have the current "Silver Edition" Hydrohut, actual size is 4.5ft x 6.5ft. It will allow me to have an oil-filled heater and a dehumidifier inside the tent. My space will allow me to access the front and back doors.

Greners' comparison test didn't really like the 4' x 4' Hydrohut compared to the DR150. The door zipper broke but a forum member told me the 4' x 6' model uses larger zippers than the smaller huts.

I like the thicker material of my Hydrohut compared to the original DR120.

I have a DR150 & a 4x4 HH and like them both! Frame on the SJ is flimsy as hell compared to the HH. I do my sativas in the HH as it has more headroom, and indie's the the DR150!

Leon Brooks

Just got my DR90 II (3'x3'x6') the other day and am in love. I got an tent through amazon (2'x4'x5') last year and its ok for veg but it is not light tight at all , I had hermies on every grow of varying degrees.

This DR90 II is super awesome for my space,walk in closet, and I can grow in confidence now. 400watt hps and 6inch ecoplus inline fan that i vent into the attic. temps are about 5 degrees higher then ambient. I would like to put a 600watt in.....hmmm tax return?

Fat Tone

What do you guys think about putting T5 Light strips in each corner for some extra light. Would it be worth it are a waste of light?

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
What do you guys think about putting T5 Light strips in each corner for some extra light. Would it be worth it are a waste of light?

What are you using the tent for? vegging or flowering?? also make sure your not creating to much heat which when the temps drop can cause moisture on the tent but I used a 2ft 8 -t5's nutin more keepin it simple but effective..

the 45 king

I just put up my first tent and it's a GL80. It does have a couple of pinhole light leaks but overall i'm very happy with my purchase.

Latest posts

Latest posts