What's new

Second run, new strains, more fun

goingrey

Healthy plants... well that's not really a secret I guess.

In this case maybe less would have been more.

Hasch

learning and laughing
Oh oh, I guess my first grow in coco got off to a stressful start.
Began feeding the small plants too late, was afraid to feed to early.
But the third feeding I gave them was EC 3 :hotbounce

Some root burn I assume.

It took me a while to believe that the plant don't need an EC of 1.8-2...

Next run I'm thinking of going back to dirt, less likelyhood of f**king up, and no run off to worry about...

goingrey

Hehe gotta believe the plants, they have no incentive to lie. Some like more some like less.

Soil is easier but makes more mess. Not sure I understand the runoff comment. You can (and should) use containers that drain also with soil, but don't absolutely need to even with coco. If anything roots might handle wet feet better in coco than soil.

Hasch

learning and laughing
Am growing in a 40 x 80 tent, height 160cm.
So when watering the 12l Airpots I allway had to take them out of the tent so I could discard the run off. The bigger the plants grew the more struggle to get that done...

With soil the "plates" under the pots should be able to handle the trickle running out. So the plants can stay in the tent (y)

Last edited:

goingrey

Am growing in a 40 x 80 tent, height 160cm.
So when watering the 12l Airpots I allway had to take them out of the tent so I could discard the run off. The bigger the plants grew the more struggle to get that done...

With soil the "plates" under the pots should be able to handle the trickle running out. So the plants can stay in the tent (y)
Ok I see you do the lots of run off thing in coco. To prevent salt buildup or something?

shiva82

i like to bottom feed in coco once the plant has established. Just stick to base nutes, and don't overfeed , but feed regularly and accurately . maybe master what you have before moving on to soil. coco and base nutes is very simple as can be , and you wont come across many of the issues often seen with soil grows.

stay cool and calm, learn from errors , and go again . have faith

Hasch

learning and laughing
Ok I see you do the lots of run off thing in coco. To prevent salt buildup or something?
Yeah, this being my first run in coco people told me run off is essential to prevent salt build up.

After feeding them an EC of 3 in their third feeding, then seeing them freez up and only reluctantly resuming growth I felt run off is essential with my feeding style :redface:

goingrey

Yeah, this being my first run in coco people told me run off is essential to prevent salt build up.

After feeding them an EC of 3 in their third feeding, then seeing them freez up and only reluctantly resuming growth I felt run off is essential with my feeding style :redface:
Yeah if you feed heavy it is a good idea for sure.

Hasch

learning and laughing
To be honest I was not planing to over feed but am still finding my way with coco...

Last edited:

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor

Three Berries

Due to the colder temps I have a heater to bring the temp up to temp before the lights come on that runs for 15 minutes. Lowest I see it getting in low 60Fs for the 4 hour off light period. But i set up the AC Infinity 67 4" fan with some automations for the entire 24 hr period. Main goal is to retain heat after lights off and let the heat build when the lights come on. it's a lot easier to control the humidity with higher temps when you start with colder temps.

Here is the set up.

AC Infinfity automations (3).png

AC Infinfity automations (2).png

Hasch

learning and laughing
Hey Three Berties and Mars Hydro LED,
I appreciate your input and thoughts on my run etc.

Please continue the discussion about Mars-Hydro equipment else where.

Take care and a restful holiday season :smokeit:

Last edited:

Hasch

learning and laughing
Hey there
So far the rest of my seeds are waiting in the fridge...

My GC is still in the tent and was planing on talking her down today. But her buds are still continuing to fill out 😁
So she gets another week or so.

Then there was my mold problem 3 weeks ago 🤯(discovered mold in a corner and behind a cupboard (n))
Since my grow tent is in my living area that wasn't too thrilling...
The extracted air stays in the room...

At that time it was very cold here, hence the humid air of the two plant was to much in that room (even though I was airing the room 4x daily).

I'm stoked to start the next two plants (one will be the Blue Dream :dance:) but am hesitant because of the mold problem.

Will probably start anyway, but I think I will wait for January to start and check if temps are going to plummet again...