What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Second run, new strains, more fun

Hasch

learning and laughing
Am planing to cut the JH tomorrow, at least the big
main buds.
IMG20221210183235.jpg

Not sure about the 4 smaller ones in the middle, might give them a few more days to mature.
IMG20221210183318.jpg

The GC is coming along 😊 Buds slowly filling out and starting to develop some nice frost
IMG_20221210_162137.jpg

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
Am planing to cut the JH tomorrow, at least the big main buds. Not sure about the 4 smaller ones in the middle, might give them a few more days to mature.

The GC is coming along 😊 Buds slowly filling out and starting to develop some nice frost
What are the trichomes looking?

How old is the GC?

Hasch

learning and laughing
Hey and nice 3rd Advent

(for the germans here 😉)

Both plants cracked the seeds beginning of october.
(GC on the 1. of Oct and JH on the 3rd). So they are a good nine weeks old.

JH was supposed to take ~8 weeks, but had a rough start and it's natur anyway, nothing set in stone...

When checking the plants this morning I discovered a noticable amount of newly developed white hairs / stigmas on the JH. :unsure:

Have feed her only phed water the last time. Like that inspired her to a final growth spurt. :dunno:
Many of the newer stigmas don't have a lot of trichomes.

Do I give her more time for development?
So that trichomes can develope on the stigmas?

Have read somewhere that stigmas generaly don't have many trichomes. Hm.

Pics of the JH
IMG_20221211_112900.jpg IMG_20221211_112918.jpg IMG_20221211_113226.jpg

Last edited:

goingrey

Hey and nice 3rd Advent

(for the germans here 😉)

Both plants cracked the seeds beginning of october.
(GC on the 1. of Oct and JH on the 3rd). So they are a good nine weeks old.

JH was supposed to take ~8 weeks, but had a rough start and it's natur anyway, nothing set in stone...

When checking the plants this morning I discovered a noticable amount of newly developed white hairs / stigmas on the JH. :unsure:

Have feed her only phed water the last time. Like that inspired her to a final growth spurt. :dunno:
Many of the newer stigmas don't have a lot of trichomes.

Do I give her more time for development?
So that trichomes can develope on the stigmas?

Have read somewhere that stigmas generaly don't have many trichomes. Hm.

Pics of the JH
View attachment 18790645 View attachment 18790646 View attachment 18790647
What do you mean with stigmas? Just the pistils/hairs? It's true they don't usually have so much resin and therefore how developed the resin on is is less important than on the calyxes/bracts. But if there's a lot of new white hairs probably the plant isn't quite done yet. Depends on the strain too some just keep on going and going.

goingrey

That is where I"m not sure. Does it much matter if I harvest her now or in a few days?
Do you mean it in the "how much difference can a day make" sense? It's a fair question but I would say a day can make a difference for sure, and two twice that.

Never grew anything from 420fastbuds but their Cherry Cola Auto has me interested if it really tastes like Cherry Cola. Not sure if that is the case... Was the JH in line with their description in your opinion?

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
Looks like most of the trichomes are milky and there's not much mass coming anymore. When you need weed you could harvest now, otherwise wait a few more days, maybe a week and don't give too much water now, you know let it dry out a bit.

😅

hillbil

2 of those lights would be better in that tent. Buds will be bigger and firmer.
Electricity charges could be a factor
I pay $0.11 kWh with all charges and taxes.

Hasch

learning and laughing
2 of those lights would be better...
I pay $0.11 kWh with all charges and taxes.
Yeah, more light would probably be better. But since the electricity company just raised my tarif (charge?) to 0,39 € / kWh I'll keep the light as they are for now.

Hasch

learning and laughing
Hmm, the idea of a continues grow...
(Like you experts with the cuttings)
Not sure yet, my working conditions will change starting next year (home office only part time, longer /earlier hours and 2.5h extra travel time / day...) Maybe I will first get used to that and then continue the grow in february or march.

It is my first time with coco as substrat, have geared up and am continuing to learn more about this methode. But part of me misses the easy growing in soil. Now I allways have to drag the whole plant out of the tent to take care of the run off. Can't imagine what that will be like when growing larger / taller plants 😕
An other decision before I can continue.

So atm I'm not sure what will happen.

Last edited:

Hasch

learning and laughing
Never grew anything from 420fastbuds but their Cherry Cola Auto has me interested if it really tastes like Cherry Cola. Not sure if that is the case... Was the JH in line with their description in your opinion?
Hm, on YT I think a weed chanal called highigan (crazy young couple showing their grows) mentions the cherry cola auto from 420fastbud as one of their favs and probably has a video about it...

Latest posts

Latest posts