What's new

Second round with mars fce4800

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Got a mars tent and and fce4800. Going on round 2. This round is all new strains. 15 1gallon pots of coco fed pureblend pro. Mix of s1s from copy cat. Some khalifa kush, cereal milk, e85, grandaddy pluto and some 9lb hammer x kosher pie. This round is more pheno selection than for yield. Click image for larger version  Name:	20220129_205951.jpg Views:	24 Size:	141.5 KB ID:	18058455

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Heres how most of the roots looked at transplant. And also whats up next for the tent after this.
20220129_100751.jpg
20220130_102841.jpg

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Nice looking pheno hunt! Just finished one myself and starting another.

I'm using the Mars TSW2000 and looking to upgrade to the FCE. I'll follow along and see how your hunt goes.

Wow those are some roots!

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
So things have been rotating in the tent quite a bit. To say the least, im not satisfied with copycat genetics. Of 20 plants ive had to remove and replace at least 3/4 due to hermie issues. Right now of the original 15 that went in i have 4 remaining. All the rest have been rotated out with other seed plants or clones. So far of the copycats i have good females of e85, cereal milk, and blueberry pancakes. Im not even keeping a calendar on the tent. They ll finish when they finish.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220215_214033.jpg Views:	0 Size:	138.2 KB ID:	18074834

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Ya everytime one comes out, a new one goes in. So right now in the tent conditiins are about 40% humidity, 73f. Flavors are consisiting of some forum cookies, cherry cookies, cherry punch, 2 cereal milk phenos, 1 e85, 1 blue bubba, 2 grandaddy plutos, and 4 blueberry pancakes. The tall stretchy ones on the left are the cereal milks. The tallest didnt throw a single ball or sac so far. The shorter one ive pulled a couple sacs off of.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Tan out of pureblend so i had to use some athena i had laying around to get me thru until i can grab more from the other spot tomorrow. Ive got a blueberry pancake in the middle thats starting to stretch pretty good so she got pinched to keep the spacing close. Shes got a very sweet hashy smell. I like it. Hopefully it all works out. Havent seen anyore balls or pods latel
20220221_221058.jpg
y so i think this round might be back on track finally after weeding out quite a few herms.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Heres a shot of the blue bubba in the room. She stated real short on the stretch and has a smell almost grape like. Its very pleasant. The leaves are wide like bubba. If it finishes well, i may have to keep it around and give it a propper run. The cereal milk and e85 are not impreasimg me at all so far. They just look like hairy dud bud at this point. No frost.
20220228_211857.jpg
20220228_211839.jpg

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
So of the 20 copycat strains i put in the tent, so far all but 1 has hermied. I currently have 7 in the tent. I dont think theres enough need for a trellis. The tent is just mainly for small seed testers to see if theyre worthy of the big rooms.

Gry

Veteran
Like the grid on the wall. Looks to be rigid. Need do something along those lines.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
So in my nursurey, i have a bakers style rack but was limited by height so i took the last shelf portion and ziptied it in the tent. It holds my fan and controller as well as the 6pack for power.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Heres a few shots from the tent from the other day. Number of days into flower, i dont even know anymore lol i quit counting. These plants will be done when they twll me theeyre done. So far the blue bubba is performing a lot better than i originally expected. Shes a nice short indica style plant but completely white qith some purple mixxed in. All 20 of the copycat plants hermed and have been tossed so now there are 3 plants remaining in the tent. I seem to be having some upload difficulty. Ill try to get pics up asap.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
So the blue bubba came down the other day. I can say that this plant is a keeper for sure. The feost on this plant is amazing and it seems to run a bit more on the bubba side of the cross. I took it down after a 10 day flush as she was done for sure. The rest of the plants in the tent are finally showing so hopefully i can figure out my technical issues and throw some pics up. Currently the tent is getting athena pro for nutrients. The fce4800 does its job. Seems like 6 to 10 inches from tops seems to work well. The nugs are nice and dense.

Latest posts

Latest posts