What's new

Search for a mother, seed to harvest: Russian & Gum

G

What up G?
(I always wanted to say that!)
Once again you're grow is coming along awesome as usual. I have a question for you regarding your last grow(or maybe your second to last grow). Did your AK 47 look like they were flowering in veg? If so did you have a problem cloning them? I got so scared that these things were in flower mode that I threw the three mother plants into flower. I have clones that I took but they look like I cut them from a full flowering plant. Most of them have rooted but they aren't growing, they look like little buds!
Also this was three weeks ago and the plants I thrw into flower havent reall stretched that much and are starting to fatten up already, is this normal? Sorry to bother you but I am just about to put some clones in my new waterfarm.

What happened to your last couple of threads? I can't seem to find them.

G

Looking good Shorts, Just chuggin along. Hope you get a nice Bazooka Joe smelling BBG. Along with some Cherry AK? Mmmmmmm Tasty buds!

Blatant:wave:

G

Oh yes it all sounds familiar. I got one pheno that is normal(2nd pic) and kept it as a mom, and then there are these clones, pistils all over.

I noticed in some of your AK47 late flower pics, that you had those bright red stems on your leaves, are those genetic? because when I try to up the nutes they go away but nute burn starts,(very touchy I guess) so I ave to back down.

Also how do I set my page to show all the threads from the beginning?

Last edited:
G

Dude thanx,
I am hoping that pheno is as good as yours. That's all one plant in that pic, so I got about 20 good clones off it. On those little clones, you can see the leaves have had plenty of nitrogen and are not underfed, but the red stems persist.

G

It smells too! I think my camera has exaggeration mode or something, here is the three foot culprit!

You see the droopy plant. I turned the light off 5 minutes early, just to take the pic, and it usually droops around this time :chin: :canabis:

Last edited:
G

GIS,
Do you think I should throw that in flower? I was going to take a bunch of clones off of it. I am afraid it will be all hacked up and not grow evenly in flower. I am trying to get away from soil also. I have had a mighty mite problem ever since i started using soil for my mothers. The other phenos smell like you described, fruity and pungent. This one smells like skunky medicine, especially when brushed up against it.
That bubbler next to it is AK pheno#2, one of the clones from pic above(with all the pistils) is from it. I took your advice and dosed it with heavy veg fert last night, hopefully I can get it to give up some normal clones.
If you think that plant is big, I had three 5 foot mother plants on the other side of the room that I just took all the clones off of them and killed them, two days ago. I need room to start white rhino, misty and bubblegum!

Bonzo

Veteran
Hi shorts, looks fantastic dude! what ppm do you keep your mothers at? also i was wondering if you could give me a little input on my new flowering space. it measures 5' 5" x 6' 5" x 8' cieling with a 30" door in the center of one of the 6' 5" walls. i will be using ebb & flow buckets. probably 3.5 gallon, 1' diameter footprint per bucket. i am not sure if i am going to use the pvc method or biuld a controller and keep it outside the room. i would like to use 2 1000 watters vented properly. im gonna need a scrubber. if i knew how to use photoshop i would make i diagram with some of my ideas. i just want to maximize the space and still be able to reach most of the plants. thanks dude, Bonzo :D

G

growerinshorts said:
Hey Puppetmug: I'd definitely throw her into flower after taking some clones! She's huge and looks ready to me.

OK!
I just happened to have an extra 1000 watter sitting here.:D

G

growerinshorts said:
Oh, and I keep my moms on a pretty lean diet of 0.6-0.8 EC in ppms is... [goes and looks for the chart in seperate window] 420-560 PPM.
At a .7 conversion!

Bonzo

Veteran
Hey shorts, i think im gonna sleep in the closet and turn the whole room into the flowering area. all kidding aside this is one idea; all controllers and doo dads outside in a cab. this would give me pretty good access to all plants. what do you think?

Bonzo

Veteran
Thats a crazy idea shorts, i love it! I could put two single DWC units on a flat, wheeled cart thing and just roll them in and out when needed :biglaugh: crazy man ,crazy! Im gettin' really excited about this project! Thanks for all your input :smile: Bonzo :D

BuzzBob

aka Buzz'dBob
Veteran
This will probably go all the way to smoke-test!
/me thinks you will have waaayyyyy more there than one can handle alone, and that it'd only be fitting for a friend to step up 'n offer a lending hand... :wink: -- :canabis: -- :spank:

Absolutely awesome, Mentor Shorts! I marvel at how even the canopy is! 'specially runn'n multiple strains!! You doin' the crunchy, curly, lay 'em over thing? I don't see it in the pics...

:::walks away muttering to self, "Sure wish my canopy look'd like that!!!":::

G

Day 20 and they are off to the races... your garden looks fabulous as always.

What sort of oder do you have at this stage?

G

Ahhhhhhh... GIS... this is so cool to watch your garden. They sure are looking anxious to show their stuff.

Your WR 1 photo with the pinches... can you explain that a bit? Do you pinch and bend?