What's new

SEALED GROW ROOM

G

I would like to know if anyone has: Ideas, Plans, Photos, for a sealed grow room. This is becoming a more preferred environment as the strains become more and more fragrant?

issack

Veteran
i have a totally sealed room..the key to sealed room is exausting the heat from the light...cooltube lights are the shit...go to my gallery and take a peak..let me know if you need some ideas...and also tell me what kind of equipment you got...

G

Now when you say a sealed room does this mean that there is no passive air supply?

Do you still exhaust the grow area every 5 minute's or so, or is this omitted. My grow room is a tent with in my room. I used a canopy bed frame and covered it with plastic extending to the wall to include the window area so that a A/C uint could be mounted and used to keep thing's cool.

I have 3 600hps lamp's in sealed hood's that are independently ducted with cool crawl space air and each is independently exhausted, this is not perfect as the 4" duct work does not allow enough air flow, so I will upgrade to 6" flange's and duct work along with probably stepping up the fan size, just have a feeling it would lead to this, that is if I want to have my heated exhaust temp to be 81 degree's. I read some were that if you have the right amount of air volume moving thru the hood that 81 degree temp is what is felt, of course this would vary due to the temp of the input air.

I do not need to run a dehumdifier, well a few time's in dead winter is was used here and there, but that is it, so what is a sealed grow room?

stay safe and grow the same way.

realhigh.

issack

Veteran
it takes alittle more time and thinking to go the rout i go...my grow box is totally sealed and no passive air moves in...my 1000w is sealed in its own duct with glass at the bottom totally seperated from the actual grow invironment...i have an a/c in the box and a ionizor to clean the air...my next grow room will be sealed as well...i have 4 1000w and 2 600w cooltubes....i will put an a/c in there and shut the door....just llok at my gallery to see what i'm talking about....

G

Okay issack you answered the question about no passive fresh air supplied to the grow area, and yes I will look in your gallery, but you did not answer the question about if you supplement CO2 in your garden, so do you do this????

stay safe and grow the same way.

realhigh.

I looked at every picture and got my answer's finally. A very nice clean kept grow chamber that does look to be producing, well not sure about that as I seen no bud pic's, just alot of vegy growth.
I do wonder about your return per plant site, I mean does your method allow for lower return's, or average, or even better yet it does produce better return's than using fresh air with an exhaust blower?

issack

Veteran
you mean the basment return air with the ionizor in it?...i dont know if it is better than freash air..i do know that with a sealed invironment i minimize the risk of fungus and bugs from the outside.this cab is a trial run pretty much and it is doing fine eccept for the fact that i hade an invation of root afids cause i put my plants out for a day while i did some folar feeding and i must have got some larva in the soil...they are budding now and i'm about two weeks from harvist...i will post pics tonight .

the basement return air is just a slow airflow that restructures the air ....giving it time to move through th ionizor and come back into the room with clean air....

i think after all our descusions about heat and invironment in several threads REALHIGH.that you are finally seeing what i mean when i say sealed room....it works for me but some people will have mixed ideas about it...thanks for stopping by my gallery and seeing.. :joint:

i will be turning this cab into a mother veg clone room...i will be transfering the clones to my new room where i will have about 300 plants...this room will be sealed also with 4 1000w and 2 600w cooltubes...i'll have a thread for sure and will be doing sog grows and perpetual harvests,,,,should be fun..

packn2puff

IC Official Assistant to the Insistent
Veteran
I'll answer that issack has a CO2...here's his original cab thread > Issack's New Creation

It is a really nice cabinet issack has...

Vaportek Optimum 4000 is a pretty popular odor neutralizer...expensive filters or carbon filters for exhaust air.

If it is CO2 you want the sealing for...a controller that can shut down exhaust air and release CO2 is a must....This is another reason issack's cab is so efficient..especially with CO2..with the lights sealed off from the growbox...only the growbox exhaust stops...the light cooling system continues without wasting CO2 and longer saturation time can occur...he has recirculating A/C unit and humidity control just for the grow enviro...so he can just circulate for hours if he wants. :yoinks:

I know if I build a sealed cabinet...issacks cab is a good one to copy. :respect:

I can only shut down for short periods of time using CO2...it just gets too damn hot with the light's exhaust turned off...my light draws air from the grow enviro...my whole apartment is a grow environment...and you can tell right when you come in..so no model here. :wave:

JetUsUp

ive read that some of the best things to seal a room from light leaks are caulking.
if smell is a problem then get a big mofo exhaust fan. that or burn a shit load of incense. one or the other. the fan is a much better way to go though.

G

Yes issack I have been pokeing around and reading alot, sorry I talk alot, but it is how I sort out things and find new ways to do things, LOL

I am going to change my room around a bit and I would like to cure some problem's or change what I am doing wrong as I want more from my girl's and I will get it.

Stay safe and grow the same way.

realhigh.

issack

Veteran
ONCE AGAIN JETUSUP U DONT NEED TO EXAUST A SEALED GROW ROOM...

REALHIGH...cool man wish the best for you and your new ideas....let me know if you'd like some of my pointers...thats what we're here for

PACKIN...thank you for breakin it down a bit more!!!!

packn2puff

IC Official Assistant to the Insistent
Veteran
Issack...Yeah Bluevelvet has one and I like um, seems like it would be good with a Gavita internal relector bulb. My PL Cool Hood has dual 6" ports. Until I move, the passive intake will have to do. Most definitely I'm all for separating lamp vent system and grow enviro in small spaces. :wave:

kedei22000...yeah! where did you go...

G

Thank you for all the replie's and helpful information. I have learned alot over the past 8 year's and it seems like the learning never stops. Now it is time to get all set up right so that I can start working more with the plant's. A nice help will be to get a second resevoir attached to the main res so that I do not have to keep doing daily top off's.

For me, this spider mite invested county, the less I go into the grow room the better for the plant's, so this will push for a enviromental control unit which does contain what is needed for C02, so now I have to ask myself if I want to use CO2. For the totally sealed room it is needed, but I have grown for year's with out it and old habit's are hard to break.

realhigh.

G

I'm here

I'm here

My space is 10x10x7 and I have a 1000w hps lamp as displayed as well as another 1000w hps that I could use if it would work better. For veg, I have a 600w hps with a MH conversion bulb. It still puts out a lot of heat and is not exhaustable.
1970SealingRoom31-med.jpg

I am trying to seal up the flowering chamber for smell purposes and to be able to better control the environment. I have as you can see used 2mil plastic to cover every wall and the ceiling. Has anyone used this method? Does it work well? I am about to find out soon as my SB is about ready to go into flowering.
1970SealingRoom11-med.jpg

1970SealingRoom2-med.jpg

I will be using a 650cfm for exhaust and a 465cfm for intake or to exhaust the hood. I will have to figure out how to exhaust the hood and the room as I don't have a lot of ceiling space to hide all the equipment. (about 9in. w\drop ceiling.

I too feel that my 4" ducting is not be sufficient and will upgrade to larger fans and ductwork, but not for a while as this will have to be carefully thought out due to space issues. It just doesn't pull enough air.

I want the most economical solution for this application. Any Ideas?

realhigh said:
Thank you for all the replie's and helpful information. I have learned alot over the past 8 year's and it seems like the learning never stops.

realhigh.

I have to agree realhigh...the learning never stops.

G

Now currently I am using 4" flange and duct work for the 600 watt hood's, it will work, not the best, but keep's the hot air moving out. I will do better if I do go to 6" dia. duct and then maybe a large size fan for exhausting them. Over the year's I have found better luck doing each hood independently. Each hood has fresh air and it's own exhaust.

Your room look's like what I want to build, my plastic tent idea was to see if it would work and a chance for me to see if I like the area to grow in before making the new wall's and drop ceiling. I do not have an attic space in the area I grow, so a dropped ceiling would create this area for me so that is were air purification will take place, I am on a roll now, LOL Again reading has paid off for me.

This just might all work and give me some security about it all. Odor is my worst enemy, wrong, Spider Mite's are my girl's worst enemy!

realhigh.

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
kedei22000 said:
Any other's that have created a sealed room on a budget????

About 90.00 including the pre hung door. I sealed all joints with that expand stuff in a can and tested for leaks and got none. Worked so well am building another right next to it where the a/c is to create a cool room to suck in cold air for the buckets. It's that insulation board you get at lowe's or menards for 9.89 per sheet with a simple 2x4 frame.

Mr.Wags

3legdog

Thats hot mr. wags. nice doube fan & door all tidy. I run a sealed room & pull all my exhaust air through a can-50 carbon filter...setup for now goes (attic<vortex440cfm<400hps<1khps<can-50..yes 1 fan cools both lamps & scrubbs the air.. so well that you can hold your hand on the 1k's glass...pic
pic only shows the 1k i added the 4 last week still temps within 5% of outside....mid 80s works for me....& no smell...well very little

As far as my thoughts on you set up my honest opinion is to look into a air cooled hood you can pull the hot air off of as it's the only way i could ever get a handle on the summer temps' in my lil piece of sanity :joint: . You also really need both of your 1ks going if you plan to pack that room or else section off a 5x5 or so for just the 1k's footprint. If you had 2 air cooled hoods(or build yourself cooltubes) & built a descent scrubber you could totally set that room off....with mad :pimp3: N' stylie ! Well my thoughts hope all goes well & have a peaceful weekend 3legs

i now see in the pic ya already built your scrubber now just a couple bake around tubes off ebay & you could really coolthings well with nastank :woohoo:

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
mrwags and 3ld - super rooms, great grows!

The great karnak ( who remembers him? ) sees large quantities of buds spilling out the doors of both your grows.... :yes: :smoke:

Latest posts

Latest posts