What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sealed dep greenhouse

Speed of green

Okay, so the harvest is complete, everything is hanging and drying. i took most of the large colas down about a week ago and let the secondaries swell up. off the i have about 4.5-5 lbs, the rest of the plants came down today, i expect at least 7lbs off the remainder, its honestly more like 10 but i am keeping my expectations low.

improvements for next round are going to be:

closely monitoring nutrient levels during the first couple weeks of flower.

re-work my drip system with accumulator tank and better pre filters

drill more holes in my plastic pots for better drainage.

treat plants every 5 days for caterpillars/moths until the third week in flower.

i want nice green healthy plants from start to finish.

Gunna do bed 2 beds 5' x 32' 75 in each. I was actually thinking about making a thread next week when I plant. Made 2 12' x 32' pvc hoops houses. Not gunna run clear plastic just made it to hold the black out tarp. Kind of ghetto but just doing it cheap and a quick dep instead of chancing full season gardens this year.

Speed of green

Gunna do bed 2 beds 5' x 32' 75 in each. I was actually thinking about making a thread next week when I plant. Made 2 12' x 32' pvc hoops houses. Not gunna run clear plastic just made it to hold the black out tarp. Kind of ghetto but just doing it cheap and a quick dep instead of chancing full season gardens this year.

I agree completely, full season is a lot of exposure for a long time, and a big risk with all the ordinances in place. and fuck $1000 pounds.

making a thread is a great way to get other peoples opinion and document your grow, I'm always going back and checking dates on things to see when i topped/foliar fed/ treated for pests/ flipped to flower.

Plus the greenhouse section could use a new thread, Good luck!
:tumbleweed:

Speed of green

Theyre coming along, i have about 125 right now, going to mother a few and toss the rest.

strains are

C99
GG4
hashplant haze
phantom OG
Lemon something
Mendo breath

My neighbors were bitching about the smell during the last three weeks of this last grow. I have to meet with my landlord tomorrow to discuss the options. I have another spot i can grow these plants if i need to move them.

If i do end up getting shut down here it will be because of plant count, if it comes to that im going to put 6 - 400 gallon smart pots and stink up the entire neighborhood this fall :)

picture.php

Damn that sucks.. My only neighbor is awesome they mind there own business and as long as it don't affect them they keep to themselves. Wish the best for you man but atleast 6 400s would still kill it.. I miss doing full term gardens but living in a banned county sucks is why I chose to do small deps this year so hopefully I pull them off with no probs.

Speed of green

Yeah i got chased outta Yuba county a couple years ago by code enforcement, ended up moving 65 - 400 gallon smart pots to my buddys property in placerville. what a mission that was.

Nice greenhouse and beds! welcome to the cheap PVC greenhouse club!

Are your going to start a thread?

Lol yuba is exactly where I'm at... Luckily skated by the last few years with smaller full season gardens..except last year I had a nice garden in Sheridan but placer just banned it too. And yea I was thinking about it.. Lol and I don't know why I never built a few of these years ago.. Woulda been killing it with deps all year Lol. I built two of those hoop houses.. So 4 5' x 32' beds with 75 in each

CrushnYuba

Looking good speedofgreen. I didn't know you used to be in yuba! Sucks they are chasing good dudes out. We want you back homes!
Couple years back when the ban went in they went bananas. I feel safer at my spots in yuba then in Nevada county. It really depends where your at and who your neighbors are. Allot of redneck neighbors that call code enforcement in southern yuba. Code enforcement hasn't really been out here but my hill is so blown up that I worry that if they needed to meet some quota it would be easy pickings. Makes me nervous because I have more then one property on this hill. Allot of eggs in one basket.
Caligrownc: are those beds in that pic? I'm definitely warming up to the pvc greenhouses. I have spent countless hours working on steel greenhouses that could have been better spent. And I have put up pvc houses in a day. I think I'm done with steel. I think you can even do auto dep on pvc.

Yea tilled the native soil underneath and the beds are 5' x 32' and 6" deep got two of those for a total log 4 beds 75 in each. If I can get 2 zips a plant it'll come out to 37.5 so not too bad if I get closer to 3 I'll be killing it lol. But figure it's a safer bet to do more with less veg time. Beg for 3 to 4 weeks and flower and repeat lol.

CrushnYuba

Is only 6" good for depth? I guess with allot of good mulch it won't dry out. As I guess naive soil underneath makes a big difference. I have wondered exactly how shallow I can go with beds in my full seasons.
I think someone should try auto Depp on pvc. Speedofgreens greenhouse would be a good one to try it on. It looks fairly reinforced and rigid. I don't see why the system I use wouldn't work.

Yea only 6" usually water twice on hot days. But I've done 4' x 4' x 6" boxes with no bottoms and they do decent I mean 12 to 18 inches would be better but these I did last year in placer county.. Second pic you can see the boxes better. First pic was from the roof before the end of the season lol.